Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Hang on, isnt its a % increase to the stats youre wearing?
    no, stats on your gear dont matter only the ilvl. you get given set of stats for your spec which scale with ilvl of your gear.

For example on PTR shadow priests are heavy on haste. This might be good for arenas, but probably is going to be sub optimal for multi dotting. Blizzards decides how you gear. Not fun.

Nope. Sorry if it was unclear, with "stats" I meant the stats given by the template. Even if you only wear items with haste, you won't have more haste than a guy who doesn't wear a single item with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Nope. Sorry if it was unclear, with "stats" I meant the stats given by the template. Even if you only wear items with haste, you won't have more haste than a guy who doesn't wear a single item with haste.
    Oh god......

Oh yes......
    Fixed that for you. As much as "being unique" and stacking the stats that literally every other person of your spec was sooo fun .. I'm glad we have a much finer tuning on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Fixed that for you. As much as "being unique" and stacking the stats that literally every other person of your spec was sooo fun .. I'm glad we have a much finer tuning on things.
    No man, they keep taking away customization... thats not fun... I dont like playing the way everyone else does... thats boring AND PvE heroes are going to reign supreme again in PvP... I dont have time to raid mythics to be competitve in PvP..

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    the fun part will be if they fail balance and 2-3 comps dominate the ladders. let's see how this balance thing works out, because I am having second thoughts....

No man, they keep taking away customization... thats not fun... I dont like playing the way everyone else does... thats boring AND PvE heroes are going to reign supreme again in PvP... I dont have time to raid mythics to be competitve in PvP..
    Luckily you won't have to; the stat increase is extremely small from ilvl, and the PvP gear we get will easily keep up. The customisation is a non-issue; nobody doing PvP was actually going opposite of the norm. 9 times out of 10 people were just copying the gear from the top rated players on arenamate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    the fun part will be if they fail balance and 2-3 comps dominate the ladders. let's see how this balance thing works out, because I am having second thoughts....
    Oh we know it will happen. They have been so slow with tuning on beta atm and haven't even told us about any of the PvP-specific tuning changes. Tanks have been outright broken for ages, and pretty much every class needs to be toned down slightly.

But... at least they have the option to tune it. They have been as well, just not fast enough yet imo.

1 - There was never really customization in PvP though. You got your pvp gear and that was it. Yes, maybe you could pick between two amulets or two rings and chose haste over mastery, but there was never any noticable difference. All secondary stats are only ways to deal damage better anyway.

2 - You really don't have to pve. Pvp will give gear based on how well you are doing, and even if a guy is 40 ilvls above you, that's only a 4% power difference which is negligiable.

I do understand your concern, I'm doubtful too that PvP will be enjoyable with the new system, but let's try it out before we diss it. Maybe it's their best one yet, who knows?

No, in pvp instances your secondary stats change to fit the template (which is independent from gear)

- - - Updated - - -

PVP balance was always broken in beta and on launch, Legion beta is no different and it will take months before the bandaid fixes kick in
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turinn View Post
    Holinka wants to turn WoW into a moba. Gear, dedication or progress doesn't matter anymore, eveyone gets handed the same gear when they enter a BG.

Not to mention awful PvP ONLY talents which don't work anywhere else in the game. Even PvE doesn't have that.

This man needs to be fired.
    Sounds like you never played a moba.

Also sounds like you like to whine for no reason

I like the new no entry for PvP, now you have to get full PvP gear to even think about doing something in a BG for example. And their idea with PvP talents and the prestige ranks is so people have an incentive to play. Their idea is also to balance PvE and PvP separately so you don't have to gimp a class in PvE just because they are "to OP" in PvP. More skill less gear, although the thought of a newly dinged lvl 110 owning you if you yourself played a lot more is kinda depressing. Double edge sword I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that there's no set bonusses and trinkets, but I'm still a little in the dark of what kind of gear can be obtained through pvp, or is there none at all. I mean, is there any PVP gear at all, or do you get random PVE gear or is PVP gear statless and just iLevel?

If I want to improve my gear level for both PVP and PVE would PVP (if maybe less efficient) be a way to do it?
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    In no way, shape, or form can you compare that minuscule stat increase to the customization of reforging and gemming we had in past expansions.

That ratio is so insignificant, it's laughable. To put it in perspective, warlords season 1 honor gear (600 ilvl) is only 11% worse than warlords season 3 conquest gear (710 ilvl).

I'm fine with it though. I saw some legion pvp videos and it looks great.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-07-09 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes. ilvl improve your stats by 0.1 per ilvl (800->900 is a 10% increase). What stats you have doesn't matter, just ilvl.

Artifacts still work, so they will be important and most likely the biggest difference between players.
    And pvp talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    so if you are ilevel 900 and u fight someone who is ilevel 800, it will be like fighting someone who has WoD season 2 gear while you have WoD season 3 gear
    If you're ilvl 900 and fight a freshly dinged 110, it'll be the difference of a level 100 with leveling greens and a full wod s3 gear. Why? PvP talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    I assume average PvP player gets ~~850 ilvl set from a bit rating, whilst strong PvE heroes get 890 for a four percent buff inside Arenas (in World they completely destroy PvPers due to Set bonuses, Trinkets, Artifact gems).

4% may not seem like much but in the context that in WoD people ran to Alliance because Human had a slightly better racial this is absurd, being forced to do PvE for best PvP gear.

Sadly the developers (And most players) justify it with "Raids are hard" but miss the point of them being entirely different activities.

In other Blizzard games* including WoW's predecessor Warcraft 3 there is no such thing as PvP advantages for PvE activities. No stronger Hearthstone cards for defeating Heroic adventure bosses, no faster Zerglings for acquiring single player hard mode Achievments in Starcraft.
    In WoD they alienated many players because Garrison was the best path to easy gold and gear and mounts and resources in general so all were forced to do this farmville clone whether they liked it or not.
    So In Legion everyone is forced into this PvE quests and Dungeons/Raids, even PvPers because they are the source for best gear.

It's good for people who want explore and enjoy battles vs. computer AI but PvPers are screwed.
    Do we know the rating-to-itemlevel yet? I doubt it will be that high for the top set considering people are used to getting it just by being afk in Ashran. Maybe... 1750? Elite mog-only gear I'm not so sure of though.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    In no way, shape, or form can you compare that minuscule stat increase to the customization of reforging and gemming we had in past expansions.
    Im not trying to. I still thought we had some control over stat preference. Talent customization has been slowly replacing stat customization, progressively for a while now, which sometimes I dont mind. Its a trade off, talent customization for stat customization. So while we lose stats, we gain PvP talents. The problem with more talents is match prep time will be tight....
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-10 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    God forbid PvP be about actual skill right?

I bet you are awful at MOBAs because they provide an even playing field.

Rather stomp noobs with your l33t gear right?
    That's a common misconception. Those noobs will lose with or without gear. Veteran players had no problems gearing up their alts. They didn't feel alienated by the gear gap, they felt as if it was a challenge.

The real reason this change went through was because noobs *thought* they lost because of gear, (reality is they lost because they were bad) and they were loud.

That's a common misconception. Those noobs will lose with or without gear. Veteran players had no problems gearing up their alts. They didn't feel alienated by the gear gap, they felt as if it was a challenge.

The real reason this change went through was because noobs *thought* they lost because of gear, (reality is they lost because they were bad) and they were loud.
    That isn't accurate, mop was a great example of not bothering with alts when you can upgrade pvp gear, the stats difference was just to much combined with people literally able to right click you to death with said stats advantage.

rated players don't want ANY gear/stat gap, they want even playing field across the board.