Thread: WoW file size

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    you said "I'm superultramega deep mad right now"
    Did he also slap you around a bit with a large trout?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so why did you have nothing to input other then hateing on me >_>? why contribute at all if your contribution has nothing to do with the thread?
    You are so efficient about everything. Just can't believe it. You should make a guide about it. WAS A JOKE

but you got so sensitive.

Just buy a new HDD. It's that simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Just buy a new SSD. It's that simple.
    Fixed it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about. That's rainbow color mad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Fixed it for you!
    Of course, though a large SSD costs quite a bit but it is the better choice for sure.

Deleted
    You are so efficient about everything. Just can't believe it. You should make a guide about it. WAS A JOKE

but you got so sensitive.
    And you are "so sensitive" about us calling you out on beeing mad.

So, should we continue to do so?
    You know we will never led you live this down, right?

uhm...are people having 250GB HDD ancient relic PC's? Yes WoW fills 48-55 GB depending on addons...yes its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fucking much for people with 128-256GB SSD, but thats that...Anyway with all the addons I'm using WoW is slow enough to barely get much out of being on a SSD.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    And you are "so sensitive" about us calling you out on beeing mad.

So, should we continue to do so?
    You know we will never led you live this down, right?
    JAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA You got nothing else to do. It's comedy. You don't get it? OK!

I'm leaving. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also how many games do people play at one time, that people are running out of room so quickly on pcs? like if i dont play a game for a month, and odnt plan to for a month, i delete them from steam

but at @otaXephon said about
    In a world with ridiculous data caps, that's not an option for a lot of people. Multiple people live in this house, and we have to be diligent in order to remain within our 250GB allotment.

I don't have HDD management issues, but it's a problem nonetheless.

Deleted
    JAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA You got nothing else to do. It's comedy. You don't get it? OK!

I'm leaving. Peace!
    No, THIS is comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    In a world with ridiculous data caps, that's not an option for a lot of people. Multiple people live in this house, and we have to be diligent in order to remain within our 250GB allotment.

I don't have HDD management issues, but it's a problem nonetheless.
    How can you live like that?
    My monitor shows 430 GBs for last month and we didn't even have any mayor releases.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-07-13 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    No, THIS is comedy.

How can you live like that?
    My monitor shows 430 GBs for last month and we didn't even have any mayor releases.
    I'd hardly call it living.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    uhm...are people having 250GB HDD ancient relic PC's? Yes WoW fills 48-55 GB depending on addons...yes its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fucking much for people with 128-256GB SSD, but thats that...Anyway with all the addons I'm using WoW is slow enough to barely get much out of being on a SSD.
    What and how many addons are you running, that it makes loading WoW on a SSD equal to or slower than WoW with no addons on a HDD? I'm running 62 add-ons, but their total size is a laughable 55MB.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    WoW on a mechanical HDD? *throws up in mouth*. I don't think I've tried that since TBC but I can't imagine it being much better simply due to the physical limitations of the technology.
    I play WoW from an SSD myself but even SSDs are becoming more affordable these days. Five or ten years ago we could have argued about storage issues but with the abundance of cheap mass storage today for the most part it shouldn't be an issue unless you're something of a digital packrat. Not every PC is created equally though so I suppose the WoW's large size can be a shock to some people (hence the OP). This was already discussed at length in the thread I linked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a discussion on this here, but yes, it does unpack smaller. The better question is how you're having HDD space issues in a world where you can buy a 3 TB drive for $60.
    By not having %60 maybe.

Deleted
    Gratz and WoW hasn't even reached the size of GTA:V

Games get bigger and bigger, partly due to laziness of developers who no longer try to minimize size and partly due to more and more videos and higher resolution textures.

And WoW as an MMO stores more and more information to the client-side instead of the server-side.

(This knowledge is purely based on emulators and maybe wrong)

before WotLK the information about items came from the server.
    That changed overtime and now the client contains information about the game.
    In WoD you could modify some packets to finish quests because (private) servers trusted the client information, because they didn't keep track themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What and how many addons are you running, that it makes loading WoW on a SSD equal to or slower than WoW with no addons on a HDD? I'm running 62 add-ons, but their total size is a laughable 55MB.
    Its a long list, tried to start thinking what slow my re-logs down...cause efficent gameplay>all, but I can't tell. But yea Im around 50 addon's - Granted maybe if I had WoW on a HDD it would be even slower :P But like my FPS is 25-35% better in normal 25-40 man raid without addons....scarry.

Anyway ppl mention GTA...One thing I bloody hate about that game is just how much time to takes to open that game before you are in the game world playing....So bloody slow.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-07-14 at 02:03 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

1TB hard drive is only 50 bucks on amazon if you need more space
    You can also get an external if you're playing on a laptop.
    GL friend.

Well, after update it takes 52 GB, which is far too much.

Why the hell did they developed their new file format allowing holes and with no defragmentation tool?

It might be time for a lite client, that does not contain old dungeons or zones that people might not visit. In 2 years its going to be even bigger.