Thread: Marks of Honor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    NO IT DOESN'T PUNISH THE TEAM. THE TEAM DOESN'T CARE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS AT ALL. THEY ZERG BECAUSE THEY ENJOY IT. THEY DON'T CARE WHETHER THEY WIN OR LOSE.

Is that so hard to understand, can you not get that into your head? These people celebrate that others are angry about losing, they enjoy the trolling and sabotaging as much as they enjoy mindless zerg. They haven't cared about winning since classic and nothing will change that. It wont do anything to better the community, it wont do anything to change the behaviour of these people, it will only shit on those who try to win and discourage them to do so.

Because while you try to win, you get fewer HK, you'll have less fun, you don't get to zerg and troll. You are the idiot trying to make the team win and most of the time you'll fail because there's only 1-2 other people trying aswell. These are the people who are punished by this, because they try to win and care. Not those who just want to smash stuff. It's a terrible design that causes toxicity, hate and anger. That causes people to not care anymore, because even trying to win doesn't make a different and you get shat on for doing so.

I am not the one failing to "see the point", there is no point. There's a fundamental misunderstanding here about the psyche of the average BG person, of the average zerg people. It's like having three children, because two shit on the table and smash the furniture you "punish" them by taking away something only the third child that behaved cared about. The other two aren't affected by it, they wont change their actions but the third one who doesn't participate, who tries to do right and doesn't act out is being punished. All you do is drive them towards adopting the behaviour of the other two.
    I disagree.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    You fail to see the point.

This kind of system punishes teams that zerg and rewards actually doing the objectives. Sure it sucks if you lose and get nothing because your idiotic team does w/e they want.

A small price to pay for actually being rewarded and rewarded only for cooperating as a team and playing the bg properly though. It improves the community and forces people to interact and cooperate to get rewarded. Very good design.

It's not a "design". It's an after-effect they didn't care to bother tuning for while waiting until Legion PVP content they feel that matters shows up. Stop acting like this is something they cooked up to please people or really cared about at all.

It won't even matter. People will get rewarded for losing at 110. You understand that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidosounds View Post
    People complaining of a system that{s just placed as a temporary mean to gain gear this last weeks until legion?

This is all meant just for all transmog gear, pvp season is over, just have fun with pvp until Legion drops.

Remember, almost every single piece of gear you could get without being a mythic raider at this point has no effect on pvp, as everything is boosted up too ilvl,740 as baseline.
    Not true at all. Go into a BG with say an ilvl 700 item.. Look at your enhancement ratings. Then swap that item for a 710 item. Your ratings go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Not true at all. Go into a BG with say an ilvl 700 item.. Look at your enhancement ratings. Then swap that item for a 710 item. Your ratings go up.
    Patch Hotfixes: July 22:

"PvP templates now grant level 100 characters stats on par with item level 740 gear (up from 700 gear)."

So is this a lie? Confused now...

"PvP templates now grant level 100 characters stats on par with item level 740 gear (up from 700 gear)."

Only for hp I think.

Do what I said, and you will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Hate to break it to ya but battlegroups havent been a thing for ages.
    Guess I just aged myself a little and shows how little I PvP.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I don't know as I have not lost a BG yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Only for hp I think.

no. I changed my 710 pvp staff with crafted 630 and stats remained same

so no need in pvp gear for for marks during prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post

Now replace that staff with a 715+ one and watch your enhancement ratings go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Now replace that staff with a 715+ one and watch your enhancement ratings go up.
    I haven't been able to test this out yet, but is there a more concise explanation from Blizzard on how this works or a theorycraft kinda post explaining so from the community? Really confused atm how is this working with the current gear pre-legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post

Wait, that can't be possible because your ilvl would drop. Unless they've changed the stat tuning to be 740 and therefore anything below 740 will mean no stat increase or decrease, and therefore you could technically be naked? lol

When prepatch came out, using the 655 survival spear they give you, and upgrading it to 710, my stats in battlegrounds went up.

EDIT: Just tested this, stats did majorly go down using 655 weapon vs 710 in battlegrounds because your avg ilvl drops.
    Last edited by MabusGaming; 2016-07-26 at 04:40 PM.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It's a good thing you only get them for winning.

Forces you to actually contribute if you wanna see any marks any time soon . I like it.
    If real faction balance was a thing this would be fine but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Well i can definitely confirm you don't get one for a loss.

Source? i'm horde.
    Yeah what is up with you guys? I've never seen the horde so disorganized, I've only lost a handful of bg's since patch.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

You do not. You will get honor points (used in the honor leveling system) if you lose when Legion launches, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like that you don't get any Marks for losing. Too many people didnt care about winning because they got Honor Points anyway. This system makes it so people have to participate and actually work together to get the reward. Yes, that may be frustrating, but with gear not costing that many Marks, players should have to earn it.
    Me too. hopefully less afk leeches and stuff too.

Then again, anyone doing BG for marks is kind of silly.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.