10+ Year Old Account

Flourish + Wild Growth interaction

Wild Growth
    37.75% of base mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast 8 sec cooldown
    Requires Druid (Restoration)
    Requires level 64
    Heals up to 6 injured allies within 30 yards of the target for (238% of Spell power) over 7 sec. Healing starts high and declines over the duration.

"Healing starts high and declines over the duration." Does that mean Flourish snapshots Wild Growth's current heal potency when cast, or by increasing the duration, increasing the potency back to a higher amount?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    why not just find out by yourself? look into your "combat logs" when casting it??? 0.o

When you cast flourish it resets the heal back to the original heal amount.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    When you cast flourish it resets the heal back to the original heal amount.
    Is it a reset or a snapshot? Very distinct difference. Reset makes it easily, snapshot means lining it up for the GCD right on the end of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    Is it a reset or a snapshot? Very distinct difference. Reset makes it easily, snapshot means lining it up for the GCD right on the end of the cast.
    Flourish resets the Wild Growth decay.
    It doesn't matter whether you cast it at the start or at the end, it will do the same healing regardless.

So imagine that a normal wild growth will do it's healing as such (from high healing to low healing):
    7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Than a flourish at the end will be:
    7-6-5-4-3-2-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

A Flourish halfway will be:
    7-6-5-4-7-6-5-4-3-3-2-2-1

And a flourish at the start will be:
    7-7-6-6-5-5-4-4-3-3-2-2-1

Resulting in the exact same healing, regardless of timing.

Source: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=13#post-250

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting just until WG ends, no idea why, just feels "right" for me. In the meantime, I do other stuff knowing I have a window-of-sorts to flourish. Obviously that can/may/will change in legion depending on certain factors.

*Read the reply from Sigma*

Atleast from what I understood (and confirmed now I read that post from Sigma) was that by using flourish with a WG still active (regardless of duration) essentially gives you a "free" WG, so you could just flourish straight away if the original WG targets were taking a ton of damage, or you can delay it a bit and "do other stuff" in the mean time until such a time where the WG-flourish will be optimal.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2016-07-29 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Additional info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I've been waiting just until WG ends, no idea why, just feels "right" for me. In the meantime, I do other stuff knowing I have a window-of-sorts to flourish. Obviously that can/may/will change in legion depending on certain factors.

*Read the reply from Sigma*

Atleast from what I understood (and confirmed now I read that post from Sigma) was that by using flourish with a WG still active (regardless of duration) essentially gives you a "free" WG, so you could just flourish straight away if the original WG targets were taking a ton of damage, or you can delay it a bit and "do other stuff" in the mean time until such a time where the WG-flourish will be optimal.
    Not only is the free WG thing right, but if you have a SotF on it, it will also save you from having to do that again for another WG, so it's great in the respect. And I agree with you on waiting before using Flourish. When in a raid, the other healers will likely try to top them off as well, so there's no real point in using Flourish till it's needed.

The issue with waiting on extending it and possibly deciding not to extend it until the next SoTF-WG cast though is that you still want to use Flourish as close to on CD as possible so you maximize your total Flourish uses over the fight. If you sit with it off CD for 6 seconds to wait for WG to be down to 1 sec on every Flourish cast for example, you're getting 10% less Flourish casts over the course of a fight. In general, I think the best use of it is to usually just use it immediately after the WG cast if it's available and won't be a total waste so you get it back up sooner. If you want to extend at the 1-2 second mark, you should probably aim to finish casting your SoTF WG at 4-6 seconds left on Flourish's CD once a minute.

Also, once we get Essence of G'Hanir, you are going to want to line up Flourish with every Essence of G'Hanir cast most likely, and you are going to want WG up for the full 10 seconds of the Essence of G'Hanir duration. Therefore, on a SM-WG-Flourish-Essence combo, it's going to be a mistake to cast Flourish with less than about 4.5 seconds left on WG's duration to min max the total healing amp. You will actually want the initial ticks (which have a higher healing value) of WG up under Essence too, so you are probably locked into doing that combo in direct succession. And, if you are a Troll, you will probably want to macro Berserking to Essence of G'Hanir, so that every second Essence cast gets the additional 15% haste amp on the whole combo. Troll will be absolutely overpowered for Druids given our new class mechanics to the point that playing a different race will be kind of foolish.

7+ Year Old Account
    In fact it doesn't matter when to use Flourish - as Tiberria said from the point of cd it's better to use it immediatly after WG. No matter when you press the Flourish button, in the end the sum of healing from all ticks would be the same. But if you press it immediatly you'll get more burst healing because there would be more strong ticks in the begining.
    About Essence and Trolls.. It's really very good question about how WG interacts with artifact ability. I can say that for Rejuv: 100% haste from G'hanir doesn't summarize with haste that you have. If you have 10% haste - it will determine the amount of ticks, and then those of them that get into the window of 8 sec buff from artifact will be duplicated. So the more haste you have - the more ticks will be in that window. I believe the same goes for trolls, so it is better to use racial ability before hotting and only then press G'hanir. But I was told that the interaction between WG and G'hanir is slightly different - but not very much.
    Last edited by tein; 2016-08-01 at 08:26 PM.