Poll: Have you quested through Cata-Azeroth?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Pre and post-Cata Loremaster reporting in.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata Azeroth is far superior to any other questing ever pre-80.

If you haven't tried it out you are really just missing out on some pretty fun quests. Especially places like Stonetalon Mountains.

Yeah, for the most part. I haven't quested all the way through certain zones (on either factions), but I'm looking to change that.

Yes, in both factions, including new starting areas.

It's enjoyable enough if you, like me, enjoy levelling, but the quests give far too much XP.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hadn't done much of it until about 2 months ago when I decided to do literally all of it (including TBC, WOTLK, Cata, MoP, WoD) to unlock everything I could of transmogs.

Only partially. Since dungeon grinding is so simple and efficient, I've only ever randomly done certain zones for transmog items or notable quest chains that were interesting or compelling.

I honestly just preferred leveling in old Azeroth much better, and it's not just because of the nostalgia tinted glasses because I realize it had a ton of flaws and issues. Arcing stories through quests basically became the way Cataclysm designed quests and even zones as a whole and frankly it feels terrible when you're not expected to stay to go through them all. Classic's quests were almost always short chains and isolated tasks, which made it feel satisfying to grab an entire zone's worth of quests in one wave and just go wander the whole zone, completing one objective after another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quest through it. I find it's most fun to mix quests and dungeons so I don't get bored of one or the other... though I'll definitely dungeon-grind 58-70. Outland is boring the tenth time through.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Partially. I found both pre-cata and post-cata 1-60 leveling tedious in one way or another, but for different reasons.

Pre-cata was a lot slower in the sense that there was a few mana breaks to be had and mobs were generally more difficult to deal with. Certain zones lacked enough quests to ding. Desolace comes to mind for me.

Post-cata was a lot faster. Actually, it was too fast. There's nothing less enjoyable than feeling rushed. Before I could finish a zone's storyline, I'd be way overleveled by the time I was halfway through the zone. Seeing those grey exclaimation marks was annoying, because I know the developers tried to tell me to move on. Mobs die way quicker, but that's more exclusive to the very low level experience. Some of the zones were destroyed and some were made better. Questing is a bit more on rails.

Personally I prefer the slower paced pre-cata questing. I do like how some of the zones in post-cata has progressed. The dwarves in Hilsbrad Foothills has all died and become ghosts etc. Admittedly there is a very small chance that I'll quest through all of cata azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done all of it as Horde and some of it as Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled through probably 90% of Cata Azeroth and loved every bit of it.

The quests were funny and definitely had a better mix of stuff to do then your regular old school questing. Loved how they handled it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis