DK professions from a lore stand point

So I'm coming back to the game from a long hiatus and was going to start fresh on a new server, wanted to dabble into a lore based dk and maybe get into some light RP. I have chosen to go with the blood elf race and probably going to be going frost but my main question is what would a blood elf death knight do profession wise? I was thinking enchanting and inscription due to him maybe being just that before he became a death knight. Does that seem appropriate ? I'm in no rush to get to end game just want to take my time and soak in some lore around my character. Thanks for the responses !

Quick edit also what about secondary professions too would a death knight fish ? Lol again I guess it goes back to his old days as a normal blood elf.

Write songs about feeling empty inside and how terrible it is to only derive joy from killing things. Basically be a front wo/man for a 90's/00's metal band.

I'd say both blacksmithing and inscription would work, thematically, since every DK has to forge his own runeblade and affix it with.....runes.

Aside from that, interesting question regarding fishing/cooking. Do DKs require sustenance? Koltira mentions that he is bleeding internally during the intro questline, which suggests he has a functioning internal anatomy and would in theory require food. But then again the lore around this game is comprised by poor writers so they could easily disregard all of this and just use the "fel magic" excuse for everything.

Koltira is one of the '3rd' gen (the second gen scourge DKs were emo paladins) risen DKs like the player characters, while conventional wisdom would suggest being undead they won't have flowing blood however I guess the vampiric nature of the blood school means it's possible. Also at hilariously edgy as it sounds DKs subside on pain they take in through their runeblades.

Quick edit also what about secondary professions too would a death knight fish ? Lol again I guess it goes back to his old days as a normal blood elf.
    Abu'gar a Death Knight follower loves to fish. You recruit him by gathering some of his lost fishing gear and he always comments about going out to catch something when he passes by you in the garrison.

while conventional wisdom would suggest being undead they won't have flowing blood
    It makes sense in an odd way. Think of Necromancy as repairing a Water Mill by using Oxen to turn the wheel the basic mechanics are the same way, however you are using a different source of energy to get it going again. It is not a perfect analogy but I would imagine the highest level necromancy arts would work with the corpses natural functions as much as possible.

DKs subside on pain they take in through their runeblades.
    Double Checking the Koltiara portion of the Class Campaign this seems to have be no longer a thing, when you rescue him from his 2+ year imprisonment there are zero signs of the "Wracking pain to the point of insanity"

Very good points thank you all for the replies I didn't even think about blacksmithing as an option. I had just assumed they "enchanted" an allready made weapon. That's some good points on the eating and fishing lol guess even tho a death knight loses a lot of humanity maybe there are some things they still hold on too.

I think it depends on your character's background before becoming a Death Knight and whether or not they were able to reclaim any of that former identity after being liberated from the Lich King's grasp. A good example would be the people of Lordaeron and how they went from human to Scourge to Forsaken. Many Forsaken have tried to reclaim their former lives while others have made new ones for themselves. It's perfectly plausible that a DK is a blacksmith now because he was one in his former life or that the DK is a scribe now because his former life is lost to him for some reason. External conditions are a factor too. Alchemy has become very popular amongst the Forsaken but Lordaeron was never particularly known for it in the past. Much of that has to do with the Forsaken seeking to alleviate their undead conditioning. So these are some things to consider for your character: how much of their former selves is intact? what external stimuli are they responding to? Any profession is a possibility depending on how you approach your character.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb