Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You cant be interrupted or silenced while in your casting circle. Thats why people are bitching. Only way to stop the drain spam is a stun, or knockkng them out of the circle (but hope to god that its still on cooldown, because they can just put it down wherever they land).
    You also have a CD that prevents you from being interrupted, so the short downtime of casting circle buff is negated by this CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    What do ele shams have?
    Nothing. .

Warlocks are genuinely the most retarded spec in casual pvp right now, though. Doesn't matter if some good melees can tunnel them into oblivion, in BGs - which are what most people play - warlocks are indestructible, and it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever to play. You just run around dotting every single enemy in range with all your dots, then you chain those UAs into the healers or whatever else you want to die.

I dusted off my ancient warlock alt to test it myself, and I can easily 1v3 a team-up of most classes without doing anything at all. I just stand there, not moving, dotting them all up, then spamming UA. I don't even take damage the self-healing/shielding is so high. So many classes&specs may as well not even exist right now. Mages literally do nothing. They root you, sometimes poly you; that's it. You can have 4 of those guys up your ass and barely notice it. And shamans? You see a blue bar and you're like "oh, it's a hunter pet"... speaking of hunters, do they do anything other than concussive shot you? Feels like I'm playing against vanilla hunters again, really.

I mean, I'll be in a BG guardin a node by myself all game, and enemies will run towards the node, see that I - a warlock - am there, and then turn around to run into the zerg instead because they know it's pointless to try to kill me unless there are at least 3-4 of them. It's hilarious.

Well, I'm sure 110 will fix it...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    What do ele shams have?
    A Melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    All melee classes scale better with gear and levels. It has been the case with every expansion so far that casters have more fun in the prepatches and then it slowly evens out as everyone gets their stats/spells etc.

Its no news that any class cant be easily countered when we re even missing our pvp talents to begin with. 110 will actually fix a lot of issues and any imbalance will be addressed at the first major patch with hotfixes along the way to it.
    Casters don't have fun, though, do they? Only warlocks do. I tried my ele shaman. Can't do shit. Tried my mage... can't even scratch the health bars of healers or strong self-healers like warlocks. Shadow and boomkin was 'alright' but nowhere even near the instant-zero-skill-godmode of warlock.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 as affli currently is hilarious.. It's beyond retarded. BUT the thing to keep in mind is that there are 2 major shields that is lock survivability atm. Picking the first one (Demon Skin) removes your options for CC, leaving you with "only" fear. In a 3v3 game, this cripples your ability to peel your allies.

The other ability is Dark pact (or whatever it's called), which is a cooldown (although not a very long cooldown). Picking Dark Pact means you can't take Demonic Circle, thus limiting your mobility.

For 1v1, 2v2 and random bgs, sure, you don't need the peel or extra mobility, you can just 2v1 whatever remains after your partner dies. But 3v3 is not the same, Demon Skin is incredibly strong (overpowered?) but honestly, it has to be pretty strong to be able to compete with extra ccs/peels. Especially now that you don't have any kind of slow as affliction.

I'm not saying the above makes the current state okay, but the current state is meaningless. I don't know how it plays out at 110 with artis and stuff, we will have to wait for that.

And as a sidenote, the affli artifact has 2 "on kill" gold traits, which are more or less useless in arenas, surely that will benefit other classes as well.

TL;DR: affli locks have potential for some different builds depending on the context, and we'll have to see how it plays out at 110 really..

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    TL;DR: affli locks have potential for some different builds depending on the context, and we'll have to see how it plays out at 110 really..
    We already know what happens at 110 from beta locks get even more tanky and do even more dmg...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    We already know what happens at 110 from beta locks get even more tanky and do even more dmg...
    And a full 110 Pyro god tier proc combo can delete you in less than 2 seconds.... soo, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    And a full 110 Pyro god tier proc combo can delete you in less than 2 seconds.... soo, ya know.
    I never said they were the only broken ones. 110 pvp is more broken than 100 just so you know....

Artifacts and pvp talents do nothing but make everything worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ...reminds me of AV during Vanilla, if I would see a warlock up ahead I'd simply turn back .. Is Kalgan back in charge of class design??

But seriously though, the shield needs to go especially the talent that makes it auto regen to 20% of casters and pets health ..
    You mighten be able to kill the Lock, but how long is it going to take for the Lock to kill you lol? Working as intended I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    1v1 as affli currently is hilarious.. It's beyond retarded. BUT the thing to keep in mind is that there are 2 major shields that is lock survivability atm. Picking the first one (Demon Skin) removes your options for CC, leaving you with "only" fear. In a 3v3 game, this cripples your ability to peel your allies.

The other ability is Dark pact (or whatever it's called), which is a cooldown (although not a very long cooldown). Picking Dark Pact means you can't take Demonic Circle, thus limiting your mobility.
    They actually really nailed the class fantasy with that. Warlocks have always been about sacrifice. I still dislike them making the teleport a talent, but can imagine the QQ if they had their mobility back along side the shields as they are right now?

Can we combine all these threads crying about overtuned tanks and warlocks into 1 megathread?

The nerfs will come if they are needed in legion. Stop complaining.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I think we need start ANOTHER thread to cry about Rets being shit =) , do i have a 2nd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think we need start ANOTHER thread to cry about Rets being shit =) , do i have a 2nd?
    Hey, rets just got their steed baseline, until their damage got cut in half because of that i bet that no "rets are shit" threads will pop up
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Hey, rets just got their steed baseline, until their damage got cut in half because of that i bet that no "rets are shit" threads will pop up
    you are right sir <3, what i was thinking about, forgive this nub =))))). But on ser note. DS needs to remove snare to be good >.<

Whats dat warlocks are balanced? Weird shields nerfed by 50% you say???

now LG any rogue to kill a warlock, tnx all for the QQ

Deleted
    Locks can't kite a thing. They need durability then. No fancy mage tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a foolproof guide on how to Raid a Warlock, I read it a long ago and found tactic to be sound:

How to Raid a Warlock

Preparation
    You can find an SL warlock outside IF or Orgrimmar, this is the place were most SL warlocks hang out.
    To initiate combat, you should approach the warlock and talk to him. He will say something about how nerfed warlock were, and how they could not kill anyone in previous patches, and how they became godlike while mages are now water dispensers. After you talk to him, click DUEL to start the fight.

PHASE ONE

You should position yourself as shown in this image:

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lockmod8jo.jpg

The warlock will begin the fight without a pet, because he will feel too overpowered to use a pet against you. MT#1 and MT#2 should position the warlock so that his back will face the tank farther away from the IF door. It is advisable for them to have at least 350 shadow resistance, and one of them should also have 250 fire resist minimum. (This is explained later). Greater Shadow Protection pots are also a good commodity, as Whipper root tubers and +50 stamina potions from the quest in Blasted Lands.

The melee DPS group (shown as YELLOW in the pic) should stay behind the warlock, near the tank farther away from the Gate. This is done because they will need to retreat behind the tank and bandage, from time to time. (Bandage spot is shown on the pic)

The rest of the raid should position as shown in the picture. It is important for the raid to have about 120-200 shadow resistance, which will help sustain the damage. Keep in mind you will need at least 2 dispellers for each debuff type, otherwise you will wipe pretty soon.

During Phase 1, the warlock will perform a series of attacks:

SHADOW BOLT: A bolt of shadow is launched every 4 seconds to the tank that has aggro, causing 1200 to 2500 shadow damage, depending on resistance. A shadow bolt will crit between 3500 and 6500 damage, again depending on the target resistance. This is were MT#2 should come into play: If a Shadowbolt crits MT#1, he will have a debuff that will increase Shadow damage by a Zillion times. This is when MT#2 should taunt the warlock to prevent MT#1 from dying. MT#1 will then do the same thing once another Shadowbolts crits MT#2.

Curse of Doom: Every 1 minute, the warlock will cast CoD on a random raid member. This member should move outside the raid and unload full DPS, since he will die within the minute.

Shadowburn: The warlock will cast Shadowburn everytime he changes target. If one of the raid members gets aggro, he will suffer shadowburn and instantly die. It is important not to OverDPS, or members will die one after another.

Fear: The warlock will cast Fear on a randomy raid member, every few seconds. You should provide everyone with Fear Ward if you have it, and dispel fear ASAP, especcially on MTs and Healers.

Phase 1 is relatively easy and will last until the warlock has 70% life. This can take between 3 and 5 minutes, depending on your equipment.

PHASE TWO

When the warlock reaches 70% life, he will instacast a felhunter and Soul Link it. This is when the fight becomes harder.
    Note: You cannot kill the warlock while the felhunter is alive. If you try to, the warlock will say that It's not his time yet and will use an healthstone, which will probably render the fight impossible in phase three.

A few moments before Phase two, the raid should move as shown in the pic.

http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ock2mod5yb.jpg

Note: MT#3 and MT#4, which are tanking the felhunter, should stay at least 10 yards away from the warlock

Phase two is all about killing the felhunter.
    The felhunter CANNOT BE DAMAGED by magic, as it has very high magic resistance. Also, during phase two, you should not magic debuff the pet or the warlock, otherwise the felhunter will remove the debuff and heal himself.

MT#1 & #2 should stay on the warlock with a few healers, while the melee DPS group will take down the Felhunter, while the magic
    DPS group focuses on the warlock. During this phase, the warlock will receive next to no damage, as he is Soul Linked to the pet.

During Phase two, the warlock will have a new attack at his disposal:

Hellfire: Every 20 seconds, the warlock will cast Hellfire and hit anyone within 10 yards for an incredible amount of Fire damage.

Every DPS class standing near the warlock should retreat as shown in the picture and bandage as soon as he casts hellfire. Only the MT with Fire resistance should remain near the warlock. This is done because if the warlock finds no one within melee range during Hellfire, he will summon an Infernal and wipe the raid.

When the Felhunter is dead, PHASE THREE begins.

PHASE THREE

Phase three will begin as soon as the Felhunter is dead.
    Notes: The warlock should be at around 40% health now. If he's any higher than that, you'll prolly not be able to take him down before you wipe. Also, if you have more than 6-7 dead members by now, you will probably wipe as you can't do enough DPS.

During phase three, the warlock will use all his arsenal to kill you.

Curse of Shadow/Elements/Agony: Every 10 seconds, the warlock will cast a random Curse on the entire raid. These debuffs should be removed as soon as possible. If CoE or CoS are not removed after 10 seconds, the warlock will cast Immolate/Shadowbolt on the member, killing him.

Howl of Terror: The Warlock will randomy cast HoT, hitting all the melees around him. You need to be quick and dispel Fear on the MTs otherwise they will lose aggro.

Death coil: The most imbalanced spell in the warlock's arsenal. This spell will be cast on a random raid member killing him, and will heal the warlock. CT_raidassist will warn you when the warlock is about to cast Deathcoil, and all Healers should hide behind the tank. If more than 3-4 healers are killed, the MTs will not be able to sustain damage and die, wiping the raid.

Note: In this pic ( http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ock2mod5yb.jpg. ) an arrows point to the out-of-LOS spot for Healers. This is where you should hide when the warlock is about to deathcoil

PHASE FOUR
    When the warlock is at 5% life, he does an emote saying "Imba Warlock performs one last service for Blizzard" He will then cast Curse of Doom on the entire raid. This means you need to kill him within one minute, or you will wipe. You should have at least 15-20 DPS classes still alive here, otherwise you won't be able to kill him in time.

If you manage to kill him within the minute, congratulations! You just killed the hardest boss currently in World of Warcraft!

Deleted
    I remember that post back on the WoW forums in Vanilla. That was posted just after the SL/SL warlock was introduced which I miss so much. 50% of all your damage taken goes to your pet, when your pet is low (void), sac and get a shield while instant casting another voidwalker.

I killed so many level 60 people when I was level 48-50 just doing this.