Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Sunfire and Lunar strikes are 5yrd AoE you guys tend to forget about it, but i think Boomkin will be the new king of AoE so spot in MYthic dungeons for panzerkins will be there.
    we don't forget about the 5 yard, the damage is still abyssal and takes ages to setup.
    we will definitely NOT be the king AoE....

10+ Year Old Account
    With the exception of Empowerment, when am I supposed to use Wrath now?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

To generate astral power? This will be the main source of it (unless you're dealing with aoe pack, in this case the filler will be lunar strike)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    The 'problem' is utterly fabricated. It's amazing how one person can doomsay an entire spec, and everyone will just jump on the bandwagon with no experience, or testing themselves. Boomkins are absolutely fine in Mythic plus. Mythics aren't just about ZOMG AOE BURST either, depending on affixes. Packs don't just all die in 5-10 seconds... Boomkins will have time to do damage. Like, imagine saying you'll be removed from a plus 6 Mythic, as if plus 6 some mega hard level.

I see way to much of this in most forums. People talking shit about specs, which gives tons of people the wrong impression. People need to just stop.
    I am not sure if you've beta currently, but feel free to try do mythic+ on balance druid. I had to spec resto to even get into mythic0 group, problem isin't that boomkins couldn't do mythic+, problem is that people want to take that enha shaman who does easily double of your damage at every pull (except bosses).

I see how you comment on these forums, talking shit about spec which gives tons of people the wrong impression. People need to just stop. Balance druid won't be better than average spec for mythic+, you need your friends or guild mates to carry you through dungeons ONLY because pugs won't take you to their group because they know how much better group dps they could get by inviting random *insert any class/spec here which isn't feral or balance*.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    I am not sure if you've beta currently, but feel free to try do mythic+ on balance druid. I had to spec resto to even get into mythic0 group, problem isin't that boomkins couldn't do mythic+, problem is that people want to take that enha shaman who does easily double of your damage at every pull (except bosses).

I see how you comment on these forums, talking shit about spec which gives tons of people the wrong impression. People need to just stop. Balance druid won't be better than average spec for mythic+, you need your friends or guild mates to carry you through dungeons ONLY because pugs won't take you to their group because they know how much better group dps they could get by inviting random *insert any class/spec here which isn't feral or balance*.
    I think that problem lies with the mindset of people in general than with our class. Sure it isn't the best one, but it's not like the worse. Yesterday slootbag did Arcway +12 with a moonkin (fury war and an enhance in group too) and they finished after some adjustments. Of course it would be faster if there was another enhance or some other top cleave spec, but the main issue is pugs want the easy mode always, because they don't really care about the player, they care about numbers. And thats why most of them fail to do even simple stuff cause they really think the op classes are better than that really skilled guy playing feral / moonkin / insert bad spec here

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post

I have personally gone through and geared a druid to 860 ilvl purely through playing balance druid, I have never had any issues with getting a group for mythic dungeons at all. Regardless of your class/spec for mythic +0 up to at least mythic +6 pugs don't care what class you are (maybe the exception of disc priests!). I don't know what experiences you've had during beta, but they sure as hell have been vastly exaggerated as the difficulty of mythic +0 is comparable to heroics at cata's launch while your sub 840 ilvl.

Regarding balances performance in mythics, if you spec accordingly our aoe can exceed the majority of the other dps classes while having good single target dps on boss fights. If you are struggling to compete with the other dps it is a problem with your skill level and maybe you should ask for guidance from people that have in depth understanding of the class.

On a side note, even if our class is slightly under powered we get to throw bloody moons at people. Balancing means nothing when you got the godly moonmoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmier View Post
    I have personally gone through and geared a druid to 860 ilvl purely through playing balance druid, I have never had any issues with getting a group for mythic dungeons at all. Regardless of your class/spec for mythic +0 up to at least mythic +6 pugs don't care what class you are (maybe the exception of disc priests!). I don't know what experiences you've had during beta, but they sure as hell have been vastly exaggerated as the difficulty of mythic +0 is comparable to heroics at cata's launch while your sub 840 ilvl.

Regarding balances performance in mythics, if you spec accordingly our aoe can exceed the majority of the other dps classes while having good single target dps on boss fights. If you are struggling to compete with the other dps it is a problem with your skill level and maybe you should ask for guidance from people that have in depth understanding of the class.

On a side note, even if our class is slightly under powered we get to throw bloody moons at people. Balancing means nothing when you got the godly moonmoon.
    What this guy said. I put up a post in the balance discussion thread. We aren't going to be getting into high end mythic + but currently if you arent a dk, mage, hunter, or godly DH, you aren't going anyway.

In terms of raiding, well i couldn't see myself on the meter during our Tich testing. So many classes have higher burst aoe that the adds were dying before they got to the marker so it was just a single target fight for me until the 2nd and third phase where i could more easily FoE them down getting about 5 mil damage a cast. Swapping to blessing of An'she for the bat phase and dotting so i could get some AP for my 30% buff.
    Krosus was decent tho. Great classes were doing like 300k (and standing in all mechanics) and i was around 240-250k but constantly moving and pretending I was mythic raiding.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    Now that the "solar lunar bullshit pingpong bar", as ShoopDaWhoop said is gone, I can finally enjoy boomkin again. Current rotation seems bit too simple but it's prepatch so I didn't even think everything is perfect, especially now when Artifact weapons are a big thing in our specs but not usable yet
    It doesn't get any more complex, you get one more button that you just always keep on cooldown. *meh*

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    It doesn't get any more complex, you get one more button that you just always keep on cooldown. *meh*
    You have to use your knowledge of the fight to pool astral power or cds properly. When do we want to use FoE? Do we have the ASP for starfall on these adds? Pool multiple starsurges for an add nuke because its our highest single target spell now. Having an opener with moon and Stars to maximize haste on your final Full Moon cast. Generator/Spender classes tend to have a higher skill floor than whatever the fuck that system was in WoD.
    Last edited by Borawa; 2016-08-01 at 05:15 PM.