Deleted

Question Profession structure in legion

I was wondering about the profession structure in legion.
    I'm really wondering which professions to pursue and trying to get ready before the exp pack launches and I wasn't able to find my answers by heavily searching around.
    Do professions still have "profession-only" things? For example, am I missing out because I'm not taking leatherworking on my shaman or can I buy all the gear myself (from AH).
    I know there are probably some cosmetics that are tied to the profession (like mounts and pets etc) but does that include useful stuff in game?
    The only profession that has always had some nice personal stuff was engineering, is that still the same in Legion?

Since class fantasy and profession fantasy is feeling rather strong I was thinking about jewelcrafting (as it fits my draenei), but on the other hand I might miss nice and useful stuff by not picking engineering (or the other way around).
    Any thoughts about this?

About the gear , you can buy them

The thing I am also kinda lost with how is profession is in this expansion, as person that didn't level profession before, also i plan to use my 100 boost on the character i plan to play on legion , so do i need the garrison for the crafting or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    About the gear , you can buy them

The thing I am also kinda lost with how is profession is in this expansion, as person that didn't level profession before, also i plan to use my 100 boost on the character i plan to play on legion , so do i need the garrison for the crafting or not?
    You won't need the Garrison in Legion of course. You can start crafting from skill 1, but you get 700 skill in your profs when you boost a character to 100 anyway. There is, however, no difference between skill 1 or skill 800 with the exception of cosmetic items like a mount or a pet.

You should check out the Legion Profession Q&A they did recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    You won't need the Garrison in Legion of course. You can start crafting from skill 1, but you get 700 skill in your profs when you boost a character to 100 anyway. There is, however, no difference between skill 1 or skill 800 with the exception of cosmetic items like a mount or a pet.

You should check out the Legion Profession Q&A they did recently.
    as far as i know the get 700 skill in profs only work on a level 60 boosted character.

The sad thing i read it the Q&A I just want to make sure I am doing doing it the wrong way, what i learned is level 300 skill is needed (yet you say there is no difference between skill 1 or 800, so are you sure? is not 300 needed for unlocking quests or something?)

Yes, you are supposed to have atleast a skill of 300 in the professions you want for legion to get profession specific worldquests. Besides that, your skill doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algoma0 View Post
    Yes, you are supposed to have atleast a skill of 300 in the professions you want for legion to get profession specific worldquests. Besides that, your skill doesn't matter.
    Only for some quests, otherwise it works like WoD, you can do WoD crafting from skill 1, the same will be true in Legion.

Also for character boosts, I boosted my level 70-ish character to 100 with the Legion preorder boost and got both of my two profs (which were at 1) to 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Only for some quests, otherwise it works like WoD, you can do WoD crafting from skill 1, the same will be true in Legion.

Also for character boosts, I boosted my level 70-ish character to 100 with the Legion preorder boost and got both of my two profs (which were at 1) to 700.
    Because the time you want to boost it already says, a character level 60+ will be maxed profession , any less than level 60 will not get this