Deleted

What proffesions legion

Hey all,
    I dont know what to take for my rogue, it is my only char and i do both pve and pvp plz Some advice

10+ Year Old Account
    Take Tailoring and Blacksmithing. Very useful.

LW and skinning?

Fishing and archaeology.

mining and engineering all the way for my rogue

Please avoid spammy/useless answers.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

As a rogue wears leather, i suggest leatherworking, and then skinning so you have some leather.

If you take two production professions (LW, tailoring, engineering etc) then either you will spend a lot of coin in the AH or you will need alts to feed your main toon mats.

I'll take jewelcrafting / mining and on alt alchemy / herb cause of raiding issues

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post

If you take two production professions (LW, tailoring, engineering etc) then either you will spend a lot of coin in the AH
    And you will make a lot of coin in the AH. Unless you can't calculate.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I prefer going Herb/Alchemy, because flasks and potions tend to be useful throughout the entire expansion, whereas the value of crafted gear goes down over time.

Engineering forever. It has so much more utility than any other profession.

I'd say mining and engineering. Lots of fun gizmos for engineering.

Engineering / *

I personally am Eng/Alch because it was nice to get double flasks in previous expansions, and it's not worth rerolling anything else for me.

If you do a lot of world and unrated pvp then engineering is pretty much essential. It's always been that way. Otherwise there are no right or wrong answers. I guess a lot depends on how rich you are, and whether you prefer to farm or play the auction house. Some professions favour one or the other.

I am considering abandoning the crafting professions and going with gathering and making the alts actually do the crafting. Mining/Herbing, in other words. This won't be like WoD where no-flying wasn't a problem for gatherers since you could farm your garrison; you actually have to ride around like it's vanilla again. I'm not sure engineering utility is worth the gold I'd make from selling mats--and as the above person, who makes money from crafting implied, it's pretty clear I can't calculate. Or maybe I just find the whole crafting system stupidly frustrating.

If I can give up the portals, I'll probably do it; I will miss the gliders though. Hard to imagine grinding out an alt to farm mats I'll need since I'd also have to gear the damn alt just to make farming less frustrating.

What I might honestly do is roll with herbing and mining and then switch back to engineering (and surprisingly probably herbing, since I need potions) once flying is around. It's just extremely hard for me to imagine going node to node in a world where everything scales to level 110 with an undergeared alt. The option, of course, would be to just gear the alt flat out and I might do that instead.

So in a typical writer fashion I discovered what I think through writing. And what I apparently think is that I haven't made a decision yet.

I think.