Unhappy Huge Issues with Grid 2 and Weakauras

Hi all, I'm having the toughest time getting my grid and weakauras set up.

The biggest issue is that weakauras refuses to load. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled twice and I manually reinstalled WA once and every time I type /wa or /weakauras it tells me /help for more options. I don't know what to do, I even looked in my wtf folder and there's nothing in my saved variables. The addon shows up in my addons tab in game but I cannot get it to activate.

My issue with Grid 2 is that it's lacking many customization features that Grid had and it doesn't make sense to go back to an older, out of date addon.

Here's some pics that show my grid 2 issue:

I'm lacking text customization, and i can't even align the text where I want it ?

I don't have a use class color option for my borders,

here's what it looks like... very sad.

thanks for any help you guys can give me

- - - Updated - - -

So i figured out the issue with weakauras, one of my addons was conflicting with it I guess. Not sure which one but I turned all my major addons back on and it works fine. I'd still appreciate help on grid 2 though, thanks !
    No white-washing plz

First, Grid isn't an older version of Grid2. They are two completely separate addons made by completely different authors. The original Grid is still maintained regularly, it's not out of date.

The way most grid-like addons work today (vuhdo and grid2 do, unsure if healbot does as well) is they put things like texts, colors, healthbars, etc in a separate area in the config ui. In Grid2 on the left side you'll see Indicators and Statuses. If you expand Indicators you'll see things like... alpha, border, health, top-right, etc etc. The indicators can be texts, bars, icons, or squares. You can change the color of the text by finding the text indicator that controls 'Name', there will be a color tab that allows you to make it class colored, or any of the other various choices.

It's really confusing and these grid-like addons usually have a sort of learning curve to them.

Omg... thank you SOOO much!!!
    No white-washing plz