Is there any information about detection?

I camped out in the dalaran sewers for an hour or two for Cravitz before getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=136803/d...ol-1-detection but I can't really find any information about the skills usage, there doesn't seem to be any information of what it's meant to reveal.

Has anyone come across something that it reveals or is it just a flavor item and serves no real purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I camped out in the dalaran sewers for an hour or two for Cravitz before getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=136803/d...ol-1-detection but I can't really find any information about the skills usage, there doesn't seem to be any information of what it's meant to reveal.

Has anyone come across something that it reveals or is it just a flavor item and serves no real purpose?
    its a toy basiclt, it used to be used to detect traps, but was removed, and was added in as a glyph since people liked the effect, so now its a ability you learn through a tome, that just makes that little effect happen

TLR
    it is just a cool visual effect, it does nothing now

Its just the swirly ball animation. No use at all. The item replaced the old glyph

Deleted
    It once detected traps but that ability is passive now.

Have you no respect for the Swirly Ball.

Swirly Ball is love.

Swirly Ball is life.

Swirly Ball needs no other purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swirly ball is for mashing when you're doing anything else for maximum annoyance. Plus you can do it while mounted now!

It's actually more than a visual and may have some additional functionality in legion content (but if it's probably mostly easter egg stuff), for example you can use the new Glyph of disguise and Detect to still easily get that semi-toy Survivor's Bag of Coins, where the glyph makes sure you can pickpocket and look like the NPC and Detection will show the ghost in ravenholdt to interact with, but yeah it's mostly useless and not much more than a visual.

Apply Aura: Invisibility Detection (5)
    Value: 100