Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I got kicked within the same hour as OP for doing too much damage. it does happen. Hell I even apologized and asked if they wanted me to remove some gear to make it easier to tank and still got kicked. Just because you do not see it, doesn't mean this stuff doesn't happen.
    Hah, at least it was for something, the tank could not cope with your DPS.
    I was kicked once just by telling someone who was cursing because he could not get into the dungeon, just to be calm, that maybe he was on one quest he had to leave for being able to join, and he got mad at me just for that, and because there were another 2 players of his guild they kicked me, just like that, with the so bad luck that after the deserter on my char was gone, i queue again, and surprise surprise the same nice company, so i got kicked again and another deserter.
    Yeah definitely stuff happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    using this thread to ask about Disc Priests

as of now - can they solo heal a 5-man party as good as a pure conventional healer ?

Ive been tanking some Time Walking these past weeks, and I noticed in 1 or 2 runs that the healing was kinda bad and I was low/flashing much more often then in most other runs when I tanked .. both of those times the healer was Disc (and yes they were DPSing)

with other healers there usually wasnt any problem unless we mucked something up on mechancis or overpull
    I've done all the Mythic Dungeons as Disc for testing purposes, worked out fine for the most part.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pure conventional healer", if you mean "Don't damage mobs" then it just means you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the spec has been changed. Dealing damage is a core part of how Disc healing works now, you apply Atonement to people through a small instant heal or through the shield, and then you deal damage to heal everyone who has Atonement.

I suppose if DPS doesn't suck you could spam Shadow Mend all fight long and not run out of mana but why would you ? It's not how you're meant to play, Shadow Mend is essentially Flash Heal/Healing Surge/<Insert other equivalents here>, and other healers don't spam that and only that spell either.

If you had issues, it was likely a L2P issue on the Disc Priest's side, it's the most dramatically changed healer spec of the prepatch.

Got to love the other people in this thread though who have ZERO clue, are proven they have zero clue, then cover their ears and go "LALALALALA".
    Never concede. Never admit you're wrong. Never change Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I got this before too. Although my reason for being kicked was for not voting to kick someone else out. So as a result I get kicked. Just another group of douchebags. Had the 30 min debuff on me and ended up going on someone else.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

the amount of people in here who dont understand how disc works is making my blood boil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    using this thread to ask about Disc Priests

as of now - can they solo heal a 5-man party as good as a pure conventional healer ?

Ive been tanking some Time Walking these past weeks, and I noticed in 1 or 2 runs that the healing was kinda bad and I was low/flashing much more often then in most other runs when I tanked .. both of those times the healer was Disc (and yes they were DPSing)
    Yes, they absolutely can.

Of course, you may be having a few shaky runs at the moment : many priests are still learning and adapting, and the new style is a fair bit more complicated. But once players get used to the spells, and more proficient at maintaining Atonement on the whole group, then I'm certain it'll smooth out.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    the amount of people in here who dont understand how disc works is making my blood boil.
    The strange thing is --- it's not exactly a brand new concept, is it? The last time I played Discipline, maybe 3-4 years ago, they definitely had a mechanic of healing through damage. I recall that I had to Smite my way up to five stacks of a buff, and then pop out an Archangel cooldown. Sure, the nitty-gritty particulars have changed a bit, but providing healing via Smite spam has been a thing for quite a while hasn't it?