How is feral druid in PvP so far?

I personally have no access to the legion beta and am currently just leveling my druid to 100 on live and am enjoying it quite a lot.

So I was wondering about the current state of feral druids in PvP, in WoD from what I heard they did nice damage with incursion and horrible outside of it. Is this still the case?

I've done some battlegrounds on a level 100 of mine and I noticed rogues everywhere but barely any ferals, might be a total coincidence but how do ferals fare against rogues at the moment? I know it is somewhat unfair to compare 3 specs to 1 but can a feral do the same crazy stuff rogues can in queue'd pvp?
    I know after all that sub rogues have a 30% reduce and outlaw rogues a 20% primary attribute decrease in pvp but even then they will still hurt a ton most likely.

Whatever the case I don't need to be brokenly overpowered but I just hope ferals are viable to push 2k rating in 2's/3's.

Thanks in advance.

Feral is a really good spec .. Legion Feral is just as fun as WoD Feral .. Also powershift macro was active last time I played ..

My preferred setup thus far:

Blood Scent
    Wild Charge
    Bash or Typhoon
    Incarnation
    Sabertooth
    Brutal Slash

I tried various setups and was either over caped on energy or starved but above setup flows really nice ... Kiting is your friend BUT be very careful now that Retr has Steed base line because if you don't kite a Retr (or any melee) you are DEAD! Its a Bleed..run..stealth..bleed .. run .. stealth type of build now

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Feral is a really good spec .. Legion Feral is just as fun as WoD Feral .. Also powershift macro was active last time I played ..

My preferred setup thus far:

Blood Scent
    Wild Charge
    Bash or Typhoon
    Incarnation
    Sabertooth
    Brutal Slash

I tried various setups and was either over caped on energy or starved but above setup flows really nice ... Kiting is your friend BUT be very careful now that Retr has Steed base line because if you don't kite a Retr (or any melee) you are DEAD! Its a Bleed..run..stealth..bleed .. run .. stealth type of build now
    cheers man, I'll at least give it a proper try then Slowly nearing level 100 to give it a decent try even though pre-patch is not comparable to level 110 with artifact traits + pvp talents

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    cheers man, I'll at least give it a proper try then Slowly nearing level 100 to give it a decent try even though pre-patch is not comparable to level 110 with artifact traits + pvp talents
    Word or warning you die so fast though .. I mean ANY one looks at you YOU are dead .. only way to live is RUN FOREST RUN

Word or warning you die so fast though .. I mean ANY one looks at you YOU are dead .. only way to live is RUN FOREST RUN
    I am surprised to hear it is that bad I guess ferals are in a way worse state than rogues then since they can still take a decent hit while chunking out retarded damage.

(not a whine post, just being blunt)

On the other hand, feral is probably one of the less kitable specs in WoW, and probably the less kitable, on average. I can try to kite every melee spec which is not a feral (pre-patch, so no idea about DHs).

It seems that, no matter what caster you play, you can't really cast a single filler spell against ferals, or more than 1 anyway.

It's true that ferals and rogues have a similar kit, but ferals are basically immune to roots and slows, on top of higher baseline mobility, passive snare application, and a better gap closer (15sec Shadowstep which slows too).

We have also to consider that many old rogue tools are now spec specific. For example, Crippling Poison (and all poisons in general), their passive snare application, is now ass only.

Blind is out/sub only.

Shadowstep is ass/sub only.

Kidney shot is ass/sub only (well outlaws have Between the Eyes, but by a purely CC PoV, KS is better, lasts more and costs less).

Etc.

So basically each rogue spec now misses a few mobility/cc abilities.

Another point in favor to ferals is their burst. I have seen ferals killing targets in a few seconds (with CDs up surely) but I've never seen a rogue doing that (probably because they do not have many CDs to stack to begin with I guess?).

Consider also that if the next patch ships, sub and outlaw damage is going to be further nerfed, PvP wise (PvP templates).

I think that rogues are way better at CCing non-focused targets (for example, healers) and at escaping very bad situations or situations which turn bad all of a sudden (thanks to stuff like CoS+Sprint, Vanish, etc.), which are very important, crucial things, mind you.

But, the rest, as far as I experienced in these days, belongs to the feral domain (if I am not forgetting something).

As far as the other specs are concerned, being a caster against a feral seems a death sentence. Without a dedicated healer, you cannot really fight back and are going to die eventually (while the same cannot be said against rogues or the other melee specs).

It's always been like that but many melee specs have been quite pruned (rogues too) while ferals seem to have retained almost everything (I guess? Excluding powershifting).
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-07 at 06:33 PM.

Ferals are amazing in duels, ferals are not best class for 2v2 dps skrimishes but once you give Feral a healer in 2s or 3s, ferals do very very good damage and they are also very mobile while a lot of classes lost their mobility. So id say when it matters 1v1 or in rated Arena where feral has a healer, ferals are in a good spot (speaking about beta)

I'm not sure but Ferals have always suffered in Arena having most of their DPS on bleeds. Switching from one target to another in Arena will always be a pain for them.

If it 1v1's someone though, they are really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Ferals are amazing in duels, ferals are not best class for 2v2 dps skrimishes but once you give Feral a healer in 2s or 3s, ferals do very very good damage and they are also very mobile while a lot of classes lost their mobility. So id say when it matters 1v1 or in rated Arena where feral has a healer, ferals are in a good spot (speaking about beta)
    Good point and a healer really changes everything balance wise .. BUT if you are a casual doing BG's be very .. VERY .. careful as a Feral ..

Power shifting doesn't work anymore as shifting to and from a form activates a global. Have to spend two globals to clear a root/snare now. You will now be switching to bear form (or travel if not being focused) and back to cat to clear stuff. Feels extremely clunky and un-fun. Maybe if there was a reason to cast stuff in human form or more tools to use in bear form, then perhaps there could potential for a cool, more oldschool playstyle with you actually having something to do outside cat form. As it stands now, there is little reason to hard cast anything in human form, especially now that there isn't even cyclone - same with bear. Shifting is still only used primarily for breaking snares/roots, except now it feels clunky to do so. Weird change to make after a class/spec has had a certain tool since Vanilla.

Based off a thread about it in the druid forums, people here seem fine with it apparently for some reason. Feral was one of my potential mains for legion until I noticed the change - now it's a spec I would never touch again for PvP.

Good point and a healer really changes everything balance wise .. BUT if you are a casual doing BG's be very .. VERY .. careful as a Feral ..
    well ya if u are casual just go boomy =) top dmg meters and stay back Lazer Pwning ppl from a distance =)

Removal of Clone and Powershifting messed it up for me. Huuuuge reason people played it.

Deleted
    Overpowered as usual.

Feral is the weakest of the strongest. If that make sense. All the leather dpser at 110 are monsters, but feral is the one thats less monstrous, Youll usually have to just prepare your anus when you face monks and rogues.