Deleted

Question Which professions will be the best for hunters in the early stages of legion?

For e.g.: I have 700/700 JC/Engi currently, but I am thinking of changing the engi to mining, but can not decide yet.. The optimal would be 1 gathering prof and 1 crafting prof imo.

What are your opinions?

Effinhunter where did you get that spreadsheet?

15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm currently Enchanting/Engineering but I 100% want to keep Engineering, is it worth dropping Enchanting for Mining?

Or would it be fine to just have mining on my alt, which I'll level straight after my hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by thenightowl View Post
    Effinhunter where did you get that spreadsheet?
    The contact information for the maintainer is on the first tab you see when you open the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    If I'm currently Enchanting/Engineering but I 100% want to keep Engineering, is it worth dropping Enchanting for Mining?

Or would it be fine to just have mining on my alt, which I'll level straight after my hunter?
    I'm in the exact same boat and want someone to tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Echion View Post
    I'm in the exact same boat and want someone to tell me what to do.
    That's just it, no one can tell you. If you read the spreadsheet that Effin posted it shows the weight of how the professions help in gearing up. For example, for a hunter, leatherworking is really nice because you can farm as you quest and make your own gear/upgrade it. However, the current cap on crafted gear is 850 (which might increase over the course of the expac as the obliterum mechanic sets up nicely for that) so after heroic Nightmare crafted gear is gonna lag behind, which the devs said was the intention.

Now professions like JC will always be useful due to the chances of gem slots, but the market might be volatile if you're looking to sell them. Enchanting, same thing. Alchemy should always have a strong economy with pots/flasks.

Personally, I'm sticking with LW/Skinning as that's what I've been on this hunter but I'm also looking to level some alts for herbs to help with raid materials. If you have alts you're already planning on leveling (soon) you can probably leave your current professions as is. If you're not planning on leveling alts and you don't foresee yourself affording the mats from the AH, you might consider grabbing a gathering profession that works with your crafted prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    That's just it, no one can tell you.
    That's what everyone says. I have a Druid mining/herb and will have a DH skinning/lw to gear himself up.

I'm just worried about dropping enchanting when it's a great way to make money from no effort. But then I have to go on my Alt to support engineering if I don't. I'll be raiding 3 days a week on my hunter so gear won't be a problem.

It's more of a question for someone that has engineering and how difficult it is to support without mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Echion View Post
    That's what everyone says. I have a Druid mining/herb and will have a DH skinning/lw to gear himself up.

I'm just worried about dropping enchanting when it's a great way to make money from no effort. But then I have to go on my Alt to support engineering if I don't. I'll be raiding 3 days a week on my hunter so gear won't be a problem.

It's more of a question for someone that has engineering and how difficult it is to support without mining.
    Would just have to depend on the auction house, guild or friends for the mats is all.

Professions don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Professions don't matter.
    to you, to alot of other players it seems to matter, be it a way of collecting gear, toys, pets, the new glyphs, gadgets, and much more, including the filling of their "purse*" with gold.

I have Engi / LW and cant bring myself to drop either one of them (especially engi). I will level my mining/skinning alt asap to support my main as usual, but I am concerned on my ability to acquire Bloods on my main without a gathering skill.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2016-08-24 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Engi is always good to make your own scopes, crafted head is a bonus. And enchanting is an easy way out if don't want to have full gathering alt (engi normally takes very little ores, compared to BS). It's expensive to level normally, not sure if they added any catch up mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    I have Engi / LW and cant bring myself to drop either one of them (especially engi). I will level my mining/skinning alt asap to support my main as usual, but I am concerned on my ability to acquire Bloods on my main without a gathering skill.
    This is my exact situation. Only my 2nd prof is JC. I'm thinking of doing skinning and passing the leathers to my wife's main who is LW. Then once we have all the BOE's we want from LW, Ill drop skinning for mining for a bit. Probably pass JC to an alt and feed him the raw mats from others toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    Unless you want to maximize your LW money making (crafting highend gear and leveling them up to sell), you will get more than enough Bloods to maintain your main character. There's always a world quest up for 1, you get some with pretty much everything you do, not only gathering profession, looting, dungeon, world quest, Suramar vault. Anyhow, I had more blood than I could care for during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Engi is always good to make your own scopes
    no scopes in legion mate

I'm running Skinning/LW so I can gear myself and my guildmates up. I'll have an herb/alch on my monk. I imagine selling 850 stuff is gonna be pretty profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Engi is always good to make your own scopes, crafted head is a bonus. And enchanting is an easy way out if don't want to have full gathering alt (engi normally takes very little ores, compared to BS). It's expensive to level normally, not sure if they added any catch up mechanics.
    Enchanting is going to be pretty cheap to level in the next few days. Everyone is dumping WoD enchanting mats onto the auction house.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Effinhunter saw in the spreadsheet that Alchemy is still reporting 2 hour flasks. That's no longer the case, or at least was not ~one month ago on beta. They removed it along with all other personal raiding benefits from professions.

That's not my spreadsheet. If you find bugs, I would send a note to Medivh. His contact info is on first page of the spreadsheet.