Best Healer for arena in Legion

I am coming back to WoW for legion and I was wondering if someone could rank the healers for me on best healer in game to worst healers in game for 3v3/RBG. Thank you

Best seems to be Holy paladin and Rsham

Worst is probably Rdruid (rip genesis} and disc priest.

Holy paladin is most definitely one of the best because one of the builds that we have is doing a crazy amount of damage that also heals your team. Its a somewhat hard playstyle to get a grip on, but Borngood is a R1 holy paladin who streams it so if you want to see it in action Id check him out. The build requires you to take Avenging Crusader in the honor talent tree. Its a really good talent overall and has a lot of burst potential, if done right you can basically maximize burst while healing your team and never allowing them to drop below half. Its insane, but hard to do perfectly. Even if you dont take this build though, Hpaladins are still really good.

Rsham largely because of the utility totems they have. If your setting up for burst, skyfury is really good along with the wind totem thing.

Rdruid lost genesis and the HoTs they put out can be stolen so they arent helpful at all in a pvp scenario. Genesis made the dots worth it.

Disc priest doesnt do as much healing as any of the other healers and its damage isnt enough to make up for that.

As for ranking, Id probably go with Holy pally > Rsham > MW Monk > Rdruid > Hpriest > Disc priest.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-22 at 09:53 PM.

Restro Shaman > Holy Pally > Restro Druid = MW Monk > Holy Priest = Disc Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    shaman>pally/druid/monk>hpriest/disc

rshamans are far ahead better then any other class

i'm facing the same dilemma, I have now mistweaver / holy paladin / rdruid and I can't make up my mind :\
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    i'm facing the same dilemma, I have now mistweaver / holy paladin / rdruid and I can't make up my mind :\
    I'm in the exact same situation >.>

Hpal seems like a solid choice even if it is lower on the mobility scale. Mistweaver and rdruid are just all over the place in every arena / BG I have done and sticking to one seems to be a chore for a lot of classes. One thing that is satisfying about Rdruid, albeit in BG's is the ability to have typhoon to blast people of the mid of EOTS or Lumber mill in AB.

I've heard rdruid and mw have some mana issues though which shouldn't be that big of a deal if you know how to manage yourself correctly. Tough decision all around I would say. Mostly comes down to aesthetics for me. With me playing horde I don't really want to be a troll or a tauren for rdruid. Prefer to stay Blood Elf (Master Race !) so MW or Hpal is it.

Anyone have any other input on what would separate these three apart that would make or break an arena or BG round?

Quote Originally Posted by andyg223 View Post
    Restro Shaman > Holy Pally > Restro Druid = MW Monk > Holy Priest = Disc Priest
    Are you guys sub 1500 or something? I've yet to not top bg heal meters on my disc and the dps is insane for a healer. They are going to be rediculous in the arena. I think a lot of ppl haven't figured them out yet because of the non cookie cutter play style. Mark my words, they will be top tier at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    Are you guys sub 1500 or something? I've yet to not top bg heal meters on my disc and the dps is insane for a healer. They are going to be rediculous in the arena. I think a lot of ppl haven't figured them out yet because of the non cookie cutter play style. Mark my words, they will be top tier at 110.
    Doing well in arena isn't about who tops the meters...Not even in the slightest. Don't accuse people of being low rated and follow it up with moronic reasoning.

Resto Shaman > Holy Paladin > Restro Druid = MW Monk > Discipline Priest > Holy Priest

No doubt.

I mean (excluding traits and secondaries):

Healing Surge heals for 883,5% SP (475% SP * 1.55 int multiplier * 1.2 healing surge multiplier)

Flash Heal heals for 475% SP.

For clarity's sake, I am also excluding mastery, which i should not considering that rshamans get a fat 1.5x multiplier in PvP (so the gap is even way bigger), but whatever.

You are aware that there are hundreds of multi r1 players which have been playing 3s arena 24/7 for many months in Legion Beta, right?
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-27 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post

You are aware that there are hundreds of multi r1 players which have been playing 3s arena 24/7 for many months in Legion Beta, right?
    I'm not arguing about healers, but are there really "hundreds" of multi rank one players, and are they all on beta?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm not arguing about healers, but are there really "hundreds" of multi rank one players, and are they all on beta?
    Would change anything, for you, to know that there are 100 r1 players or 50 or 200 r1 players in beta? Honest question.

For obvious reasons, I don't know the exact number.

Said that, on twitch you can see 20ish r1 players streaming almost daily, and, by the enemies you can see they face in arena, you can add a big number to that.

Add the fact that a very minority of players stream daily and the majority don't have a twitch channel to begin with...
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-29 at 12:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Laughed out loud. You just made yourself look like an ass. If you've been watching streams from legion beta, you'd know that disc is bottom of the barrel currently. They hardly do any healing in 3v3. Ofc its a tuning thing, but there's a strong feeling blizz can't buff disc dmg enough for their healing to matter in pvp or RMP would win any matchup in a stunlock.

Anyways as others have said, doing well in BG's has zero relevance in arenas and doesn't equal to good arena performance. Good for you if you're able to smash stat boards in BG's, wooooo!

What actually your top meters in BG (lol) have to do with ARENA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Resto Shaman > Holy Paladin > Restro Druid = MW Monk > Discipline Priest > Holy Priest

No doubt.

I mean (excluding traits and secondaries):

Healing Surge heals for 883,5% SP (475% SP * 1.55 int multiplier * 1.2 healing surge multiplier)

Flash Heal heals for 475% SP.

For clarity's sake, I am also excluding mastery, which i should not considering that rshamans get a fat 1.5x multiplier in PvP (so the gap is even way bigger), but whatever.

Shaman still after the nerf?

SHAMAN
    Restoration
    Stat Template
    Primary: 155% (down from 160%)
    Armor: 130% (down from 150%)
    Mastery: 150% (down from 170%)

youtube.com/watch?v=_ULLfvz5YD8

Quote Originally Posted by Draggie View Post
    Shaman still after the nerf?
    Yes.

There are very few cases (or comps) where your team would be better suited with another healer (like having a priest for RPM for example).

This is my "new" list and its reasons:

God Tier: Resto Shaman >
    Tier 1 (where all healers should be): Holy Paladin >= MW monk >
    Tier 2: Resto Druid = Disci priest >
    Tier 3: Holy priest.

- Resto Shamans have everything, literally: output, being it burst or sustained healing, utility, cc, damage. The only weak point is not having a top tier survivability.

- Holy Paladins have so many cds you can counter so many burst attempts.

- MW Monks have just mana issues, most areas are execellenty covered. Equal or just a bit worse than paladins.

- Resto Druids lack the output, you can have 6 hots up (with talents) and your teammates still drop like flies, no jokes.

- Disci Priests lost so much of their uniqueness, among being the only dispellers, having mana burn, way higher damage than the other healers, etc. Considering just Legion, I would say the main issue is that atonement healing doesnt work in PvP at all and PW:S and Penance doesn't heal very much. It is basically Shadow Mend spam (which is effective, mind you).

- Holy priests lacks the output and have next to 0 cds.
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-09-24 at 02:19 AM.

The 50% nerf to counteract magic definitely bumped down MW monks a bit.