Question Best Rogue dps spec for legion Raiding / PVE content

I wanted to know which spec might be the best for legion rogue, because the artifact power cant be transferred or changed once I add it so I want to max out the best option I can first. Although I'm sure this can be subjective to what I enjoy the most but What are your opinions on rogue and its current state in legion with the artifacts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustice View Post
    I wanted to know which spec might be the best for legion rogue, because the artifact power cant be transferred or changed once I add it so I want to max out the best option I can first. Although I'm sure this can be subjective to what I enjoy the most but What are your opinions on rogue and its current state in legion with the artifacts?

It's looking like outlaw for anything requiring aoe/ more than 4 targets (mythics etc) and pretty close between outlaw and assassin for single target. I'll be playing it safe and going full outlaw and assasin offspec.

I'll say the same thing. Well, until a mod closes this post since there is about one of these threads a week. Maybe we should have just asked to sticky one...

Outlaw is currently best-in-show for just about everything. Few times I think Assassination can overtake it pre-mythic level gear, but for the most part Outlaw is running the town.

I am optimistic and I feel that blizzard help our fellow assassin

Outlaw for anything but 3 target cleave, in that case assa is better untill mythic gear, after that point, outlaw is always better

Isn't Sub stronger than Assassination after the nerf?

Outlaw is obviously great due to 30% + 30% for crimson vial. You then have it's easy cleave etc.

I'd have Sub as my go-to build though for general purpose PVE. Shadowstep ambush for your auto attack when in stealth. 3% health every 1sec when in stealth (shadow dance, stealth after vanish, stealth in general) so it seems a no brainer. Sub ST damage seems ridiculous also. So i'll more than likely go Sub/Outlaw for my play in Legion. Outlaw as my main PvE with Sub as my general PvE/off spec..

Though I am tempted to just roll with Sub as my first spec to get the Artifact weapons so I can rock PvE quicker.

does anyone else find assa extremely dull to play? Might just be me. I'm only casual anyway so it's not like I need to min-max sooo... Goblin Sub/Outlaw Rogue it'll be

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Outlaw is obviously great due to 30% + 30% for crimson vial. You then have it's easy cleave etc.

I'd have Sub as my go-to build though for general purpose PVE. Shadowstep ambush for your auto attack when in stealth. 3% health every 1sec when in stealth (shadow dance, stealth after vanish, stealth in general) so it seems a no brainer. Sub ST damage seems ridiculous also. So i'll more than likely go Sub/Outlaw for my play in Legion. Outlaw as my main PvE with Sub as my general PvE/off spec..

Though I am tempted to just roll with Sub as my first spec to get the Artifact weapons so I can rock PvE quicker.

does anyone else find assa extremely dull to play? Might just be me. I'm only casual anyway so it's not like I need to min-max sooo... Goblin Sub/Outlaw Rogue it'll be

Every one have crimson vial. Btw He's talking about raiding. Anyway for levelling combat is probably better : heroic leap+ stronger aoe and better defensive (parry+ repost damage + lifesteal > dodge)

I think it boils down to personal preference. I personally think Sub will be faster/more enjoyable. Stealth shadowstep (ok it's only 15yrds but that's still awesome). Selfheal when in stealth/shadow dance + crimson vial. extremely strong ST burst. Suits me to the bone when PvEing. I'll play Outlaw/Sub all expansion most likely as I find Assassination too dull. Outlaw for 5mans, Sub for everything else... I'll attempt Outlaw first though as it does seem easier in general (group up mobs, blade flurry + riposte and gg)