Hey MMO-C! Let's fix the Orc racial.

So I've submitted a few suggestions to Blizzard via in-game ticket and submitted some thoughts to the general forum but it didn't gain much traction there amidst the hype of Legion. I'll keep it brief and share my ideas of the Orc racial Blood Fury and why it is currently in need of a redesign going forward into Legion.

I want only to brainstorm with you guys, I'm not trying to make Orcs the most OP race or whatever, I just strongly believe their racial is very bad both in terms of balance and design.

Current racial: Increases Attack Power and Spell Power by X(based on LEVEL).

Here's a few bullet points as to why this is poorly designed and no longer fits with Legion

1. Attack Power and Spell Power are obsolete stats. They are no longer displayed on the character stat pane boosted or not (I tested this by accessing the stat pane both under the effect of Blood Fury as well as a potion that increases attack power). This makes the actual bonus damage generated by the racial impossible to see unless using specific console commands or an addon.

2. The racial scales with level, not gear. This makes it fundamentally worse and worse as an Orc improves iLvL. It's barely worth a click at iLvL 730.

3. Getting the best possible output from the racial requires seeking a 3rd party site and being told which spell to macro it to. That simple. Not only does relying on 3rd party mathematicians go against Blizzard's direction moving forward, it also makes it harder for new players to grasp.

4. Anecdotal time. I think it's the worst clickable racial. Personally, compared to other Horde races it's no doubt the worst. The Tauren, Blood Elf and Goblin racial stays useful and situational as racials should be. The Troll racial provides direct damage output and serves as a very useful ability for all classes. Undead have a few clickables and a passive that scales with gear, not level (Touch of the Grave).

My solution: I'm just ball parking here, not really committed to any actual percentage. The Orc racial should provide a flat percentage increase to DAMAGE DONE.

New racial proposal: Increases damage and healing done by 5% for 10 seconds. (2 minute cooldown). Depending on how powerful 5% for 10 seconds on a 2 min cooldown is, adjust percentage and cooldown to be in line with other racials.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm just ball parking here,
    This made me chuckle a little never seen that phrase used as a verb before.

I like the idea though seems awkward to have anything that references attack power or spell power still in the game.

I'm with you on it being tied to out of date and untracked stats. I'd like to see it be something a little more current.

I don't rock at math and balance so I can't speak to is 5% too much/not enough, but I do think it might need an update. I could be wrong, I still use it attached to other CDs my class has as it is just second nature for someone whose been playing Orcs since Vanilla, but I wouldn't mind it getting a stepped up basis.

Again, I'm with you it doesn't need to be the most powerful CD, just something tied to a stat that is part of the modern game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just came to me but maybe instead of increasing damage maybe it should increase haste? I mean the racial is called Blood Fury so to me I imagine your character going in a rage and just lashing out. It'd be like your own personal mini version of Bloodlust/Heroism
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. I click it and it's like "yay I'm doing 100 more dmg per swing at lvl 100" lmao. It's really a useless racial.

Maybe they could redesign it completely. I was thinking "Convert X amount of your resource into health" or vice versa. What are your thoughts on that?

Edit: Honestly, horde needs an OP racial because right now about 60%+ of players are alliance because of the human's racial. Even with it's "nerf" it's still able to remove the most common CC in the game :/

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't make it too strong because then you'll get people bitching about how orcs have an OP racial now instead of humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I've submitted a few suggestions to Blizzard via in-game ticket and submitted some thoughts to the general forum but it didn't gain much traction there amidst the hype of Legion. I'll keep it brief and share my ideas of the Orc racial Blood Fury and why it is currently in need of a redesign going forward into Legion.
    Orc racial fine IMOO (In My Orcish Opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    They can't make it too strong because then you'll get people bitching about how orcs have an OP racial now instead of humans.
    Orc already is the superior PvP race due to how the stun reduction racial stacks with Relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Orc already is the superior PvP race due to how the stun reduction racial stacks with Relentless.
    Trolls Da Voodoo Shuffle stacks with relentless too for a whopping 45% snare duration reduction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    This just came to me but maybe instead of increasing damage maybe it should increase haste? I mean the racial is called Blood Fury so to me I imagine your character going in a rage and just lashing out. It'd be like your own personal mini version of Bloodlust/Heroism
    Ermm, Berserking? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ermm, Berserking? XD
    Oh I thought Beserking was regaining health for trolls. I know it was something like that. Didn't know it changed to haste. I don't play trolls.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    WRAGGGH! SMASH! - 5 sec CD, kills current enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Oh I thought Beserking was regaining health for trolls. I know it was something like that. Didn't know it changed to haste. I don't play trolls.
    Nope that's their passive ability Regeneration which is useless. Berserking is their clickable that increases haste by 15% for 10 seconds.

I'm just ball parking here, not really committed
    I'll commit to parking my balls on your chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================