Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Incorrect. WoW is basically a disney game for kids. It looks so childish i'm embarrassed to play it at times. Provide ANY kind of screenshot pointing it towards being dark. You can't. Also saying that Diablo takes it to the extremes, just goes to show what a kid you are.

Gnoll tents made from human skin

But I guess thats just something they'll show on the Disney channel right?
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-24 at 08:39 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Incorrect. WoW is basically a disney game for kids. It looks so childish i'm embarrassed to play it at times. Provide ANY kind of screenshot pointing it towards being dark. You can't. Also saying that Diablo takes it to the extremes, just goes to show what a kid you are.
    Only going by looks is a bit immature. But then again, you apparently can't discuss things without insulting people, so I guess we're just at that level, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gnoll tents made from human skin

Lmao. Yeah that not only looks like something that could be on Disney, that looks like it was stolen right from there. No go check some other danger dolan top list of most sp00kiest shit in wow, or whatever other autistic shit you can find. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. Yeah that not only looks like something that could be on Disney, that looks like it was stolen right from there. No go check some other danger dolan top list of most sp00kiest shit in wow, or whatever other autistic shit you can find. Try again.
    What kind of Disney you watching 0,o

Also what is danger dolan? I discovered this back in vanilla, just typed in gnoll tent on google to find the image wasnt that hard :P

Or is your problem with the graphical style because thats a whole new can of worms. Especially as Warcraft has had this in game style since Warcraft 2.

Which leads me to say if you thought the game was too 'Disney' did you only just realise? Did you not know of Warcraft style before you brought the game? Have you not quit yet? :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-24 at 09:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Yes, it should have those. It should also be a darker game. I mean it should have a darker atmosphere. Broken Shore was a nice example for that but it can be darker than that. There are demons etc right, so it should reflect it to the players.

It already has some blood and gore, but dead characters could use more blood and gore on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    WoW is far too cartoonish with it's art style to be gore-y imo.
    Pretty much this. For an over the top and cartoony game like WoW blood would just be out of place.

If you want blood and gore, read the novels (the Illidan novel, in particular). Now those are bloody.

/console violenceLevel 5
    /console reloadui

and also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpHJ3mmUa0s

and also
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/bloodsplatter
    Last edited by Nakotsu; 2016-08-24 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Pretty much this. For an over the top and cartoony game like WoW blood would just be out of place.

If you want blood and gore, read the novels (the Illidan novel, in particular). Now those are bloody.
    Being cartoony doesnt mean jack. Lots of cartoons have blood, take anime for instance.

The thing is the setting has been cartoony in the past(since pretty much Warcraft 2, where the artstyle became dominant) and those games had blood in them. Not to mention all the present artwork, with severed ogre heads and the like. And even the dialogue mentions slaughtering ur enemies and the such, and yet we dont see even a simple drop of blood when you kill anything(and yes you actually do KILL things), with the exception of those gory explosions that happen like one time out of ten thousand.

Thus i find the claim "it doesnt fit" a bit dubious. And Disney? Get the hell out of here... seriously. Not seen Disney go anywhere near Warcraft even in its darkest series Gargoyles, or Black Cauldron. A more comparable would be some older anime series, where blood is shown(but not in insane amounts like say Elfen Lied, or something like that). Like say Genshi Shonen Ryu(great old series btw, check it on youtube). Draenor is pretty much Genshi Shonen with its brutal environments, clans and huge beasts.

I think they should add an option of blood splatters and blood pools for dead enemies(biological ofc, not elementals and othes that wouldnt bleed). If you want the option to hit mannequin dolls, that dont bleed and just topple over, its ofc your prerogative.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-08-24 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Because kids these days think blood and boobs make things cool and EDGY!!!!!!!
    and slightly older kids think they're mature by claiming they're against such things. The age rating isn't holding it back either.

I would have liked more of the evil forsaken quests such as the ones where you had to kidnap dwarves to test the plague on or the hidden karazhan places and of course more corpse explosion.

The don't seem to have a problem with crap however. Go to those catman caves, there's crap everywhere.

But hey at least they don't make us pick it up any more.

Deleted
    more visual clutter? optional pls, bowels rnt sexy 2 me

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you don't, we call that being immature. No one who sees real carnage, death and destruction goes 'oh cool, I want more of that!' unless they are immature or psychologically damaged
    I agree with the latter part of your statement. I'm not sure how to better phrase it, though.

I mean, lets call it like it is here, we are all playing a person who is responsible for the brutal killing of (Tens of) THOUSANDS of people directly from our own hand, to say nothing of the THOUSANDS that would die from our actions otherwise. That's already pretty horrific, not even speaking of how many heads, limbs, bones and more from our victims we were forced to carry in our bags for a questline.

So, simply put, WoW is realistically one of the most violent games you are likely to play, so the fact it doesn't show blood consistently is more of a resource boon than anything else. I think I agree with the idea of making it an optional feature, but I definitely think it should be in the game.

That looks like good old texture reusing, definitely not deliberate.

Anyway, the bloodless battles in cinematics definitely look dumb. People get stabbed and slashed and not a single red particle.

Could also add in fatalitys, like ripping a gnomes head of and eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Ive noticed one glaring thing when battling in wow, theres no blood, like almost at all. Mobs just lie there like stuffed animals when killed.

Should the game have more blood and gore in it akin to Diablo? Id personally like if they added some blood to the game like in WC3.
    Would not make the game any better for me. Personally, I like see bubbles, like "KAPOW", "WACK", "UGH", "POW" etc, in bright colors pop up when I crit. For me, that would be more entertaining. It would be like watching the old Batman series again!