Protection warrior in PvP is useless?

Hello guys:

I need to focus in one char for Legion and, as things are going on right now, i have to choose a tank. My first call is a warrior, because i played a warr since Vanilla and i really like it. So, in PvE it is a fantastic tank. I mean: A GREAT TANK! Now, as i enjoy PvP as i do, i really want to play with a balanced and useful tank. I did get into some random BGs yesterday and, Jesus, this is annoying:

1. I do not feel like a tank in PvP. Any rogue, warlock, DK, DH, cat can solo me. Not only that, they laugh at me while doing it (and yes i was spamming ignore pain)

2. So, i know as a tank i wont do any serious damage, and i see myself as a support class. You go into healers and start to fuck with them. You know you wont killing any (maybe with luck and CD management) but you will slow them out, silence them, stunt them, and so on. And of course, you will need to be more than capable of down their health to a decent point. This was so nice in Warlords but yesterday i charge a priest and i was doing nothing to him. Not even 10% of health. Our DPS really, really, REALLY, suck. So, there is no support job for us anymore.

3. ¿Lets run the flag? Well, as i said, any decent player can solo you, and you wont do any damage to them and you cant handle incoming damage. Warriors dont have the best mobility compared to, lets say, a brewmaster monk. So...

What is the actual point to get into PvP with a warrior tank right now? Blizzard intends to make us play only PvE content as tanks? This is any balanced at 100 with artifact weapons (do not guess, if you tried it, please say so)?

Maybe i just need to focus on a healer for legion because i will be useful in PvE and PvP...

What is your experience with prot warrs in PvP?

Edit: I am sorry for my english, is not my native languaje.
    Last edited by HotJoint; 2016-08-24 at 07:10 PM.
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

The prot pvp teamplate just shits on the spec, sorry.

Yea I noticed that after giving it a shot I was barely doing much more than distracting players for a short period of time. If blizzard wants tanks to be kill able then they have to at least buff their damage dealt to compensate. Zero pressure on health bars will not make anyone bat an eye lash at you barring CC

The only way to make people attack prot warrior in arena is making all prot warrior team.

please dont be the guy that pvps in tankspec. There was never and will never be any reason for a tank to go pvp. its a pure pve roll, with stupid ai monsters that react to threat. Players are cleverer, thats why u cannot taunt + sunder armor them to stop your opponents killing the mage that nukes them.

The introduction of Tanks in bgs as flagcarriers (rbg) mostly was the most stupid thing blizz did to pvp, it made bgs last for hours and after half a year of this shit, they had to change the whole pvp system so bgs are over at max 20 minutes, and who scores first wins, because of those stupid tanks.

So the approach Blizz is taking is "u can join if you really want, and have no other option because you were unable to lvl your other artifact , but dont expect to be any good and neither friend or foe will be happy to see a tank in pvp" Even with full prot pvp talents (they seem lackluster to me) its not really good, and the main direction this talents are going is support / peel rather than survival or dmg. Warrior tanks for example had a pvp oneshot with there on use artifact, but it got nerfed pretty quickly.

When did all this change? Last I heard, Prot PvP was going strong on the beta. And that was maybe a month ago.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    When did all this change? Last I heard, Prot PvP was going strong on the beta. And that was maybe a month ago.
    I would like to know as well. I saw videos that show prot being pretty legit.

I did a few battlegrounds earlier today, and I was able to effectively beat a DH and a rogue by myself. I believe the DH was tank spec, but I'm not the most familiar with them. In smaller skirmishes like that, I feel like I always do well. The only exception is again warlocks. For some reason I can't seem to outlive their damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prknickspr View Post
    I did a few battlegrounds earlier today, and I was able to effectively beat a DH and a rogue by myself. I believe the DH was tank spec, but I'm not the most familiar with them. In smaller skirmishes like that, I feel like I always do well. The only exception is again warlocks. For some reason I can't seem to outlive their damage.
    Numbers are skewed right now for pre-patch. Notorious in particular, Warlocks are master livelords with drainlife keeping them alive, even if say it's target is an Iceblocked mage or bubbled paladin. Each tick would still heal the lock for retarded amounts.

As for how they'll be at 110, their pvp template is not really in their favor on the competitive side of things. Wait and see when we get there after today. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Numbers are skewed right now for pre-patch. Notorious in particular, Warlocks are master livelords with drainlife keeping them alive, even if say it's target is an Iceblocked mage or bubbled paladin. Each tick would still heal the lock for retarded amounts.

As for how they'll be at 110, their pvp template is not really in their favor on the competitive side of things. Wait and see when we get there after today. :P
    Oh I completely agree. The big issue is the scaling, so you never know for sure what it will feel like until you play at max level. I was only referring to pre-patch, since I was unable to get into the beta. Mostly I wanted to chime in on the squishy feeling in the current game. Sorry If what I wrote was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Hello guys:

I need to focus in one char for Legion and, as things are going on right now, i have to choose a tank. My first call is a warrior, because i played a warr since Vanilla and i really like it. So, in PvE it is a fantastic tank. I mean: A GREAT TANK! Now, as i enjoy PvP as i do, i really want to play with a balanced and useful tank. I did get into some random BGs yesterday and, Jesus, this is annoying:

1. I do not feel like a tank in PvP. Any rogue, warlock, DK, DH, cat can solo me. Not only that, they laugh at me while doing it (and yes i was spamming ignore pain)

2. So, i know as a tank i wont do any serious damage, and i see myself as a support class. You go into healers and start to fuck with them. You know you wont killing any (maybe with luck and CD management) but you will slow them out, silence them, stunt them, and so on. And of course, you will need to be more than capable of down their health to a decent point. This was so nice in Warlords but yesterday i charge a priest and i was doing nothing to him. Not even 10% of health. Our DPS really, really, REALLY, suck. So, there is no support job for us anymore.

3. ¿Lets run the flag? Well, as i said, any decent player can solo you, and you wont do any damage to them and you cant handle incoming damage. Warriors dont have the best mobility compared to, lets say, a brewmaster monk. So...

What is the actual point to get into PvP with a warrior tank right now? Blizzard intends to make us play only PvE content as tanks? This is any balanced at 100 with artifact weapons (do not guess, if you tried it, please say so)?

Maybe i just need to focus on a healer for legion because i will be useful in PvE and PvP...

What is your experience with prot warrs in PvP?

Edit: I am sorry for my english, is not my native languaje.
    All I'll say is, are you 110? Have you tried with PvP talents?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Im going Prot pvp just to troll people with Dragon Charge.