Deleted

Affliction Warlock - Flag capture interrupting

So as the title states, I've been noticing a few issues with affliction and stopping flag capturing, in terms of interrupting said person trying to capture it.

I'd set my Doomgaurd on them which does interrupt majority of the time, but noticed there has been moments where i'd have them full dotted and casting life drain along with pet wailing on them, and they continue to cap the flag regardless?

Maybe i'm the only one with this issue, and obviously it's pre-patch so there will likely be other tools to avoiding it in future, but how do you other warlocks interrupt this as affliction?

I'm assuming the situation is out of fear range, to mention, as going into range after stun/whatever ends sometimes isn't enough time.

(Flag capturing related to BGs such as arathi basin)

use fear done problem solved

Deleted
    I sometimes have a bug related to flag capture interrupting. Even after interrupting my enemy, their flag-capturing-cast-bar continues to grow, but they won't capture the flag. So for me this seems to be a visual bug only. Never noticed this before the current prepatch phase.

Maybe it's the same issue for you. I play monk.

If I'm correct, you're required to deal damage that does some initial, upfront damage to stop a cap. Warlock dots, unlike dots like shadow word pain, moonfire, etc, don't deal any initial damage with a dot afterwards. Pet, cc, and melee attacks would. Not sure about anything else.
    Last edited by Warlucia; 2016-08-25 at 10:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    When someone is capping use your demon auto-attack. Haven't played Affliction since Mists, so not sure what their ability pool is now. But when I would RBG as Affliction, that's what I would normally do.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

Quote Originally Posted by Warlucia View Post
    If I'm correct, you're required to deal damage that does some initial, upfront damage to stop a cap. Warlock dots, unlike dots like shadow word pain, moonfire, etc, don't deal any initial damage with a dot afterwards. Pet, cc, and melee attacks would. Not sure about anything else.
    Using your wand also works, but it does have a travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I sometimes have a bug related to flag capture interrupting. Even after interrupting my enemy, their flag-capturing-cast-bar continues to grow, but they won't capture the flag. So for me this seems to be a visual bug only. Never noticed this before the current prepatch phase.

Maybe it's the same issue for you. I play monk.
    I had this same issue, as an afflic or demo lock.

Yes, I've had this too as affli. I just melee them Probably other warlocks I'm fighting against are having the same issue, as they seem helpless to stop a capture.

Someone in the warlock forum thought the cap might be interrupted by a Drain Life tick, but then you have to channel just as they start capping I imagine. If they have say, 2 seconds remaining, then probably you can't stop them.

But in SotA, all dots and bleeds prevent you from putting bombs, wohoooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Dots never interrupted flag-capping (because it would basically mean that you can't flag since every class can put a debuff on you) interrupting the flagging with the affliction warlock always required a direct damage source (e.g. Haunt or Shadowbolt back in the days).

Since the pre-patch I guess you need to use fear and auto-attack of you demon (you might want to think about using a melee pet and maybe switching to grimoire of service instead of supremacy) since there are no direct damage spells in your arsenal anymore ("just" dots). So this is no bug or anything, it is just that none of your primary damage spells deals initial direct damage since they are all dots (unless you spec Haunt which I would not recommend currently).
    You might want to test Soul Effegy though. I do not know if the damage is dealt by the debuff or by the entity but if it is dealt by the entity that basically means that the target cannot flag as long as you have your effegy in range and a dot ticking on it. If it's worth it compared to soul conduit in BGs is a different question though (maybe depends on the role you want to fulfill and the combination with the level 30 talent you choose).
    Last edited by mmocbcfb286c49; 2016-08-26 at 08:38 AM.