Is Legion the ''Endgame'' of the Druid Class? Lorewise

I mean specific for the druid class, Xavius is the ultimate villain of the Druids and the main rival/nemesis of Malfurion, as i saw the area Val' Sharah is a big war of the Druids (Emerald Dream) against the Satyrs (Emerald Nightmare) which basically means that this is the final stage of the Druid campaign in the Warcraft Universe, once Xavius is defeated inside his own realm (the emerald nightmare raid) the Druids have completed their goal and we can finally leave the Alliance/Horde and return to our sleep and rest in the Emerald Dream for an eternity. Goodbye other classes, it's been a nice journey.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2016-08-25 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    wasnt the Lich king the endgame of palladins and DK's?

the game moved on, so will druids

U can argue legion is the endgame of DH too, depending on how far we get in destroying the legion

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    wasnt the Lich king the endgame of palladins and DK's?

the game moved on, so will druids

U can argue legion is the endgame of DH too, depending on how far we get in destroying the legion
    The Lich King is not dead and neither will the Emerald Nightmare after this.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

In Dawn of the Aspects, it was mentioned that N'zoth was looking for a new Nightmare lord. Xavius will be replaced in time, my bet's on Malorne.

As long as N'zoth exists and keeps pushing the corruption through the Rift of Aln, druids will always be needed.

Every Druid will get the title "Archdruid" after the order hall campaign, so at least when it comes to promotions the Druid players officially reached the top of the chain.

Unlike Warlocks, who are "Netherwalkers", whatever that's supposed to stand for. But hey, maybe they will get "Grand Warlock" in a few expansions :P

I know that paladins endgame still hasnt really come. The class is about multiple things, we dont really just have one specific villain. Arthas was definitely one of the biggest villains, but he wasnt and isnt the only one.

The Legion has always been the paladins mortal enemy imo, Turalyon who was once an incredibly good paladin led the fight that went straight after the Legion. We know what happened with Tirion at the broken shore, so now Id say the Legion is one of our biggest enemies.

Still though, paladins have multiple reasons to fight and not only one enemy. The army of the Light seems to be made of paladins and priests mainly, so Id assume thats our true endgame as paladins.

You could also say in broader terms, its Light Vs Shadow, so our true true endgame as paladins (and priests} is the void and cleansing it. Either way though, it seems the Army of Light is paladins true endgame.

Also, just as a sidenote, the current Lich King is an ex paladin.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-25 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashakuru View Post
    I mean specific for the druid class, Xavius is the ultimate villain of the Druids and the main rival/nemesis of Malfurion, as i saw the area Val' Sharah is a big war of the Druids (Emerald Dream) against the Satyrs (Emerald Nightmare) which basically means that this is the final stage of the Druid campaign in the Warcraft Universe, once Xavius is defeated inside his own realm (the emerald nightmare raid) the Druids have completed their goal and we can finally leave the Alliance/Horde and return to our sleep and rest in the Emerald Dream for an eternity. Goodbye other classes, it's been a nice journey.
    See, druids aren't just defenders of the Dream. They're defenders of nature.
    Ragnaros, Deathwing, the Scourge, global warming, the Legion, all threaten nature. So, they are/were all enemies of the druids.

It's similar to paladins. Along their history, they've been mortal enemies of the Horde, the Scourge, the Legion... and soon the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    As long as N'zoth exists and keeps pushing the corruption through the Rift of Aln, druids will always be needed.
    Yeah I thought it was N'Zoth who was the creator of the EN and ultimately the main antagonists to the druids. Xavius is just a a cog in the old god's schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by whydopeoplegetawaywiththi View Post
    So did you literally just make this up or are you basing it on the fact that the one and only member of the army of the light we know about is a Paladin? Because either way you are full of shit.
    So, you have no idea what you're going on about. Here's why:

The army of the LIGHT. Who uses the light? Paladins and priests. Sure, other people can be in it but it's quite obvious Paladins and priests are going to be the ones leading it, like I said. We already know Anduin is one of (if not the only) leader of the light and he's a mix of both supposedly. Then we have Lothraxion whose a high commander in the army and he's a holy dread lord paladin. Then we have Velen who instead of being a prophet wants to fight so he'll definitely be in there.

Also, don't forget I said "mainly" meaning the army primarily has Paladins/priests but other classes could be around. Oh, and I also said "seems to be" meaning I wasn't stating my information as fact. Might want to get used to the English language. I know, words are hard to understand.

TLDR: Just for a basis, here's what we know about the army and whose in it/who will be in it:

1. Anduin Wrynn- (priest/paladin). Going to be the leader of the army down the line.
    2. Turalyon- (Paladin). Current leader of the army along with his wife.
    3. Lothraxion- (Paladin). High commander of the army.
    4. Velen -(Priest). Taking up arms to fight with the army. Due to the comic, it looks like he'll be Anduins right hand. Not confirmed.
    5. Possibly Illidan. (Demon hunter but possibly DH mixed with priest/paladin powers). Also suppose to be the leader. No idea what's going on here though.

So, as you can see, the main people in the army so far are all priests/Paladins aside from Turalyons wife. Go ahead and name anyone that isn't a priest or paladin that we know of that's in that army. When you can do that, your post will actually have value.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-25 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    In Dawn of the Aspects, it was mentioned that N'zoth was looking for a new Nightmare lord. Xavius will be replaced in time, my bet's on Malorne.
    Right. Xavius was merely a puppet of N'Zoth, who is the puppet of the Void. As Yogg created the Emerald Nightmare I would think that so long as there are ways for the Void Lords to reach into Azeroth then the druids must always stand vigilant in protection of the Dream. The Atal'ai trolls who worshiped Hakkar had some involvement in the corruption of the green flight as well, and by extension the Dream. Who knows what desparate Zandalari might stoop to? Xal'atoth, the Shadowpriest Artifact, mentions a few ways she could do Xavius' job better, and more discretely. Ragnaros threatened Nordrassil itself, creating druids of the flame. Other elemental lords may hold the same power, and ambition.

On a more subtle level there is always the possibility for politics and disagreements over how best to use the Dream. Malfurion had to banish the Druids of the Pack over such a disagreement. Teldrassil was unblessed, and Vordrassil was a complete failure. Perhaps the Horde and Alliance won't put aside their differences in Moonglade forever? If another Sundering comes, and resources grow scarce, then the Dream may be a key battlefield. Fandral Staghelm certainly had his own ideas. And what about the Fal'dorei and that Arcan'dor business? Put all of this aside and you still have the overbearing task of managing the chaos of an undisturbed ecosystem for an entire planet.

I think they have options ^_^
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2016-09-25 at 06:00 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotlK was the endgame for paladins and DK, ty.
    Still feel my pally good.

I'd be all in for a corrupted Malfurion. He's been pretty useless since like... forever?

It certainly closed a lot of opened up stories, that were up and running, around Druids.

That said, I'm sure new stories and dramas can be written.

You think he's dead, but he's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's always room for them to expand on any given race or class more in the future, but... yeah, I guess? You're not likely to have any other zones or plotlines that are as purely focused on druid lore as Val'sharah and the Emerald Nightmare raid are. I would be surprised if the Emerald Dream is never revisted after this, but I also wouldn't count on it happening any time soon.

Deleted
    God, this is why I dislike Warcraft lore so much. Everything is entirely inconsequential and just doesn't matter.
    Everyone can be replaced, everyone can be brought back, and there are a thousand different characters that all have had so little development that it wouldn't even matter if they died.

Why can't they just work with what they have and why does every single action need to be made completely irrelevant by replacing everyone immediately?
    - No, there does not need to be a new Lich King. Would be interesting to see the Undead running around without a leader.
    - No, there does not need to be a new Nightmare Lord. That would completely take away the feeling of having slain a major lore character and purifying the Emerald Dream. It's good that it's not in its nightmare state anymore. It can stay this way. Because we killed the evil behind it. It does not need to be replaced.
    - No, there does not need to be a new Warchief. Three times. How about a revision of the political system instead? The Warchief thing obviously doesn't really work out. Stop brining in new ones. Make a Council or something.

The endgame of all classes is to morph into a superclass with all the same abilities and shattering the distinction of class uniqueness altogether

So sick of Xavius and the Nightmare and Druid lore having not *really* gone anywhere since Teldrassil in Vanilla. I'm sure Xavius will comeback somehow for 10 more expansions. Its pathetic to see Nightelves and Druids, which should be so much more interesting, just be this and nothing more.