10+ Year Old Account

Unholy DPS speed.

I've been playing unholy since wrath as a main spec for pve and pvp. I know that Unholy has a ramp up time and all that jazz, but sometimes it feels as tho my character is running underwater. The spec just feels slow. Like REALLY slow. Runes recharging super slow, slow death coil spam, just like how masterfrost was in cata. Is this going to be the new approach to Unholy as far as endgame stuff goes? Has nothing really changed and i'm just tripping?
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    I've been playing unholy since wrath as a main spec for pve and pvp. I know that Unholy has a ramp up time and all that jazz, but sometimes it feels as tho my character is running underwater. The spec just feels slow. Like REALLY slow. Runes recharging super slow, slow death coil spam, just like how masterfrost was in cata. Is this going to be the new approach to Unholy as far as endgame stuff goes? Has nothing really changed and i'm just tripping?
    Slightly trippin'. I can tell you, with certain things in legion, specifically one of them is the Legendary bracers, UH has a great pace, and a fun flow. That's just my two pennies, so take it how you will.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    They stripped unholy of almost any mobility and haste.

They want our approach to be super slow but powerful once in range. We will see how that goes.

Haste is your friend.

Deleted
    Mine feels fine with 22% haste, it's our main stat. The only time i don't have much to do is when I get a bad run of runic corruption procs.

Also you should wait for 110/artifact in 4 days time to see how it truly plays.

I feel like ~20% haste should be mandatory for UH at 110. After that, Crit for Castigator IMO. I think that's how I'll be handling it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post

Haste is your friend indeed. Try the new soul reaper for 2.5 attack speed and faster rune regen during lust. Shits cray cray fast! Troll berserking is FUN as well macrod into dark arbiter
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

It really depends on your build and current gear. Haste is my lowest stat right now. It's not my fault; Blizz removed reforging. So I'm using a Festering Wound build (Bursting Sores, Pestilent Pulses, Castigator, Infected Claws, Soul Reaper) and it feels very fast. And I'm doing more DPS than the default build everyone's saying is the best. But again, it's because of my current gear. I've got 15% haste and 25% crit and no legendary ring. When I try to do the Dark Arbiter build, it just feels so sluggish and the numbers aren't there. But hey, the good news is that we have several viable builds depending on our gear, which is nice.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb