Enhance - Soloing old content. How?

I'd been soloing Cata Raids on 25H for gold. Now I seem to be getting my butt kicked.

I can't tell if I've gotten a lot squishier or if it's just my lack of knowledge that's the problem.

I know part of it is that I keep blowing my maelstorm healing myself and I don't know how to avoid it. Can I untick the "use maelstorm to make the heal instant" thing"

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for a good build/rotation?

its a lack of self healing mostly, try using rainfall, its terrible but its usefull if your dying in there and need the extra healing over the other talents which you probs wont need, your wolves dont heal you anymore which is probs why its harder

If you have the heirloom tank trinket I'd suggest trying that out. I've used it a lot on some of my squishier less geared alts, especially useful for Halfus.
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2016-08-26 at 04:51 AM.

What bosses are you having trouble with?

Deleted
    I have no trouble soloing bosses even before free i700+ invasion gear. That being said, Elemental I find to be waaaaaaay better to solo old raids with because of their heavy burst things are usually dead or close to dead when Ascendance runs out, maybe try that if you can snag a weapon from the invasions.

... Popping the wolves, I have more than enough self-healing (instant heals with maelstrom) to get me past all bosses. Halfus is about the same as before, but my shaman is better geared (705, used to be 685) now so I don't notice it much...

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/raidin...g-legacy-raids

I farm all the 25 men heroic cata raids every week on all of my chars, including my enh shaman, currently don't have any problems with any bosses, let me know which boss you are having trouble with, I can give you some tips.

When I first start I had trouble with Shannox in firelands, you have to pop everything off the bat to burst down the boss, leave the dogs alone. This boss is really easy if you are a tank, since the dogs won't stun you, if you are a dps, u just gotta burst him down

Ultraxion in Dragon Soul, same thing, u just gotta pop every cd and burst him in 1 min.

Chimaeron in BWD, be sure to talk to the little gnome in the cage behind the boss before starting.

Every other boss should be quite straight forward.
    Last edited by 16dots; 2016-08-26 at 02:11 PM.

For Shannox you can just talent into Fury of Air, as long as you have the maelstrom to support it it'll stay up, hitting Rageface and breaking the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    For Shannox you can just talent into Fury of Air, as long as you have the maelstrom to support it it'll stay up, hitting Rageface and breaking the stun.
    Basic wolves will do this too if you focus him down Shannox will die shortly after; before a rezz happens. I've done them all on my Enhance this week without a problem, except Shannox the first time because I didn't blow wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by 16dots View Post
    When I first start I had trouble with Shannox in firelands, you have to pop everything off the bat to burst down the boss, leave the dogs alone. This boss is really easy if you are a tank, since the dogs won't stun you, if you are a dps, u just gotta burst him down
    Shannox is easy if you get the timing of Face Rage down. Just pop your Ghost Wolves right before Rageface is going to pounce on you and the Wolves will break the stun.

Deleted
    I'm not having problems and I only have 700ilvl and no dps experience...

For shannox... he dies before you're stunned.

I haven't had any problems soloing heroic cata raids, and that was with an item level below 700 and without the leech trinket from Kazzak. You just need to be mindful of a few mechanics, like Shannox where you have to kill the stun dog, but that was the case even before the patch. The only really tricky part I've experienced is the twin dragon fight in Bastion of Twilight. Having a Shieldtronic Shield ready to mitgate the damage from the debuff usually does the trick.

I've done it with the talent that gives me 2 extra stormstrikes on procs, which usually gives me more than enough burst to get bosses down before health becomes a problem. Remember that bloodlust/heroism cooldown and debuff resets after each boss fight as well, so you can always use that over and over.

Of course, I also have a macro with the orc blood fury racial and agility potions which helps significantly with burst.
    Last edited by Lazy Gecko; 2016-08-26 at 11:29 PM.