Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Already had a SPriest, but now I might actually play her. Definitely going to have more fun with her now that she's more Old God-ish in her theme. Do you hear his call? Listen closely!

I am so very tempted to macro some kind of insane babbling to my StM.
    I have to say, you play the role of your profile picture and signature well.

Pros:

- insane, possibly top-tier DPS on fights that feature multiple adds spread out and not stacked (and I know you didn't ask this, but this makes S priests top Damage done meters in PvP)
    - mobility is bad, but can be manageable with body and soul spam
    - self-healing is great especially with multiple vampiric touches ticking
    - you can help out healers if it's needed as S priests are more than capable of doing at least 1/4th the healing a dedicated healer can do

Cons:
    - non-existent CC. Probably the worst caster in that department
    - surrender to madness is mandatory in high end raiding and it's gimmicky
    - you'll have a lot of competition for a spot in a raid if you want to be a priest that only DPS's
    - mediocre AoE when mobs are stacked probably the worst of all classes in WoW. This is intended for Blizzard's new philosophy on de-homogenization

As a footnote. I love my S priest but I never got a Mage beyond level 10 and never played a Warlock in Aff spec. I've become so used to off-speccing an S priest since Wrath that I have them down to a muscle memory. HFC and now Legion I will be the dedicated S priest of my guild as the GM "doesn't trust" disc anymore. A lot of people on this forum have no problems with S priest since they probably have mained one for just as long or longer than I have. Coming from Mage you will probably struggle.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-08-26 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    I have to say, you play the role of your profile picture and signature well.
    lol. i laughed thought exactly the same. De Lupe... oh boy... that mmoc ppls....

and btw +10 for GT4 with objectivity and brain, and -10 for Sarkol, for presenting an oppinion as facts. when i even start haering things like "many ppl said SP is decent in myth+..." then 2 things happens in my mind:

1) he never played it byself firsthand. he just talks shit what he heard from others.
    2) he use "what some ppl said" as argument in an objective pro/contra statement.

conclusion in my mind: 12 year old kid or idiot.

sorry sarkol. but.... sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Pros:

- insane, possibly top-tier DPS on fights that feature multiple adds spread out and not stacked (and I know you didn't ask this, but this makes S priests top Damage done meters in PvP)
    - mobility is bad, but can be manageable with body and soul spam
    - self-healing is great especially with multiple vampiric touches ticking
    - you can help out healers if it's needed as S priests are more than capable of doing at least 1/4th the healing a dedicated healer can do

Cons:
    - non-existent CC. Probably the worst caster in that department
    - surrender to madness is mandatory in high end raiding and it's gimmicky
    - you'll have a lot of competition for a spot in a raid if you want to be a priest that only DPS's
    - mediocre AoE when mobs are stacked probably the worst of all classes in WoW. This is intended for Blizzard's new philosophy on de-homogenization

As a footnote. I love my S priest but I never got a Mage beyond level 10 and never played a Warlock in Aff spec. I've become so used to off-speccing an S priest since Wrath that I have them down to a muscle memory. HFC and now Legion I will be the dedicated S priest of my guild as the GM "doesn't trust" disc anymore. A lot of people on this forum have no problems with S priest since they probably have mained one for just as long or longer than I have. Coming from Mage you will probably struggle.
    great self heal ? wow. you didnt play the same beta i did. or you never have seen i.e. an affliction warlock. when you struggle at 3-4 mobs killing you, while pressing psychic scream, affli gets healed on 100% and pulls another 4-5. so, .... no. just. no.

but, to be fair, in the SP vs Mage corner, mage isnt that much more in a better spot than SP. really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    lol. i laughed thought exactly the same. De Lupe... oh boy... that mmoc ppls....

and btw +10 for GT4 with objectivity and brain, and -10 for Sarkol, for presenting an oppinion as facts. when i even start haering things like "many ppl said SP is decent in myth+..." then 2 things happens in my mind:

1) he never played it byself firsthand. he just talks shit what he heard from others.
    2) he use "what some ppl said" as argument in an objective pro/contra statement.

conclusion in my mind: 12 year old kid or idiot.

sorry sarkol. but.... sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

great self heal ? wow. you didnt play the same beta i did. or you never have seen i.e. an affliction warlock. when you struggle at 3-4 mobs killing you, while pressing psychic scream, affli gets healed on 100% and pulls another 4-5. so, .... no. just. no.
    If you're dealing with 3-4 mobs attacking you immediately kick your tank please. OP is talking PvE and mentions mythic+ so obv. I'm not going to ramble on about how we do questing

Niwes comes in here and personally insults me in multiple ways. I'm the 12 year old? Hilarious. And yeah, news flash, second hand experience is used in GT's post as well, but i wouldn't expect you to notice that. But nah let me get with the gist. Yep Spriests are garbage in all aspects of the game. Worst dps in dungeons, shit in raids without STM, poor survivability. Shit mobility as well. Come to think of it why even play this trash class?

Few things in all seriousness to GT.

1. More than one class can dominate the meters.

2. Combustion and Stm are comparable in that they give huge results if you can pull it off. It doesn't matter if you die, because the best players are not going to die often, and they'll consistently do the best damage in the raid. The fact that average players won't be able to do it consistently compounds the issue.

The other point about artifacts. I mean, i thought Mass Hysteria and said traits were the most important, and you get them pre raid. Not sure what would hinder you on the artifact, and at the end of the day, we can stop saying they rely on STM. It's a negative, but also a positive. They have a ridiculous cooldown that can contribute huge damage to progress. They're top tier because of it.

The dungeon discussion is pointless now. They're a mid tier dungeon class. Not a top one. That described what they are. Say they're bottom if you want, but they're tied with a load of specs that are just average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    2. Combustion and Stm are comparable in that they give huge results if you can pull it off. It doesn't matter if you die, because the best players are not going to die often, and they'll consistently do the best damage in the raid. The fact that average players won't be able to do it consistently compounds the issue.
    Huh? Am I missing a change? StM *kills you* when it runs out, no? That and being on a 10m CD means you get to use it once per fight, at the end, as an execute. So, yes, in raids it may well shine especially on fights where it's critical to move through the last phase ASAP. But for 5 mans etc you won't want to use it so performance without it is important too.

Of course. I'm just highlighting the fact that Blizzard don't usually let talents or abilities like that stay out of control for too long. I hope they do keep it in the game. And yes it's absolutely necessary for Spriests to be good without it, and i think they are to a certain extent. Other people here will tell you they're garbage i'm sure.

StM is a really neat idea, but I wish they'd made it baseline rather than a talent. You probably won't want to use it aside from in raid encounters, and the other options on the 100 row are suuuuper lackluster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Of course. I'm just highlighting the fact that Blizzard don't usually let talents or abilities like that stay out of control for too long. I hope they do keep it in the game. And yes it's absolutely necessary for Spriests to be good without it, and i think they are to a certain extent. Other people here will tell you they're garbage i'm sure.
    Right, I was just confused by comparing it to Combustion and the "It doesn't matter if you die, because the best players are not going to die often..." thing. As someone who doesn't raid regularly StM is a complete non-starter of a talent for me, so to me the issue is "how does spriest play without StM?" if I do raid, yeah, StM is useful, but only in a minority of cases. Admittedly, those will tend to be boss fights so they're important, but still...

I thought I would play spriest, but lvl100 talents really bother me. Completely shity row with no choice - you just have to go StM to be competitive.
    Don't get me wrong - StM is cool and I think it is one of the best talents in the game, but I don't really like it, I mean the gameplay with this talent. I think other two lvl100 talents should be completely reworked to be on par with StM or at least not far far behind, but hey - 4 days until launch.

I'm staying on my hunter...