Tank or Ret for leveling up with a group?

I'll be leveling up with my guild, we made a 5 man group for the extansion launch. We plan to as fast as possible so here is my question: I played on the beta alone and leveled up as tank, because you could pull 5-6 mobs at a time and have a good dps/surviviability. But knowing that we will be 5 in the group and that it's the extansion launch so lots of people play at the same time, not many mobs to pull together I'm thinking of leveling up as Ret, keep my artifact power aside for when I ding 110 for my Tank weapon (as I'll we be MT for raiding).

What do you think?

Well if you make the wrong choice you can switch specs/artifacts at 102, so i wouldnt worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Might as well stay. You have better on-demand burst and less ramp-up time on top of superior AoE grinding.

Prot paladin is one of the absolute strongest leveling/questing specs in the game solo or in groups, single target or AoE. Ret is not even remotely in the ballpark of being competitive with prot in questing. Just remember to spec Seraphim.

Prt! I level as port and I can take of mobs of 6 trash at once and came out with 80% hp or more. Also if you leveling with a group you can hold aggro and tank I guess.
    Honestly I did a few dungeons now and as a port pally on point I feel I was dying (good healer) but I mean I have so many skills I can use to reduce damage I wasn't too worry.

I have been going prot leveling. Sometimes I'll go ret, but it'll take me way longer to kill more mobs as ret then as prot. Even holy I feel like I take down a single target faster then how I would if I was ret.

As prot, I'll just run around, gather all the mobs I can and kill them without even going below 80%. It's grand.
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle

Ive found prot to do more dps than ret, even for single target, while leveling.

Deleted
    spend 13 traits on truthguard and go for the top/middle golden trait and face roll your way up to 110 and beyond. even if your truthguard is 30 ilvl behind your ash bringer you will still have a much better time as prot.