Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wants to play hardcore but needs something that plays casual...

go paladin.

Enhance is a great spec right now. I would have a hard time playing it one handed but can be done. I could play elemental one handed though.
    Resto with healbot or vuhdo add on and MMO mouse (ex. Logitech G600) can definitely be played well one handed. Also resto Shaman is great for group healing if you are just doing random Battlegrounds (pug or with friends). Our mastery is great for saving/spot healing people who are low on health and resto probably has the best 'smart healing' left in the game.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, with Legion about to open I'm still unsure of what to main... and only just considered my Shaman from Wrath who I just finished leveling via invasions

As someone who plans to Main heal and Offspec Melee, the Shaman is a really good option (although, so is my Druid). My biggest criticism of Monk (and Paladin) healing is that they rely on Melee to do damage. With Healer damage becoming a "thing" in Legion, I find it much safer standing at Range for both DPS & Healing. As I healer, I find being in Melee rather distracting and can easily lead to eating a cleave (for example).

Anyway, if Shamans had better race options then it would be an easier choice, but you know.... Transmog

I had a similar internal debate. I prefer WW mechanically but Enhance aesthetically. I liked the healing specs equally. I have no interest in tanking but I do enjoy Elemental.

Admittedly a good portion of my interest in WW hinges on the March of the Legion legendary which provides you and your nearby party with 25% run speed. I hate to tie so much of my interest to a single item which could get nerfed.

This combination of factors lead me to choose Enhancement Shaman as my main. Good luck with your decision. I think you'll enjoy yourself either way. If it's of any consequence to you I expect WW to be less played.

Edit: I should add that currently FSK and Roll are both frequently ending prematurely due to a bug. Blizzard has acknowledged this bug has existed throughout beta and they are having difficulty correcting it. This is disconcerting for a class with such an emphasis on mobility and it served to further push me towards Shaman.
    Last edited by Misaligned; 2016-08-30 at 05:19 AM.

Yea, that's one point in the Monks corner, I actually enjoy playing an under represented class.

Ultimately though, Resto is the better healer which is my Main Role, and I have no intentions of Tanking which essentially negates BRM. Having the option of Melee or Ranged DPS specs is also a nice QOL choice.

Everything points to the Shaman... I just hate being a Squid/Dorf/Panda. Guess I've got another 90 minutes to mull it over

You get to wield doomhammer as a Shaman.

/thread.