Questions regarding Unholy in Legion

So I've been out of the loop for about a year due to taking a break, and I'm looking to come back to play for Legion, so I was wondering a few things about Unholy. (or maybe more than a few lol)

My only issue is, I couldn't find all the information I was looking for compiled anywhere, just tidbits here and there spread through-out like 15 threads.

1. For Single-Target, Bursting Sores vs. Ebon Fever
    I've read some sources saying Ebon Fever is stronger even for Single Target, but I'm not noticing any huge difference (like 500 dps) in Dummie-Testing DPS (I know dummies aren't 100% accurate all the time). However, what I am noticing is a bit of an unpleasant "flow", having to use Outbreak twice as often.. So which talent is better?

2. Castigator vs. Clawing Shadows, is Claw merely a matter of Quality of Life for certain fights, where attacking from Range would be beneficial?

3. In what scenario (if any) would Infected Claws be taken over Shadow Infusion?
    3b. Is there any scenario in which Necrosis will be viable?

4. With the nerfs to both the Talent and Runic Power hoarding Pre-Pull, is Soul Reaper now better than Dark Arbiter in most cases?

5. How many targets before Epidemic out-classes Pestilent Pustules?
    5b. Is there any scenario where the AoE/Adds portion of a fight will make Defile worth taking over the other level 100 Talents?

6. What is the Stat-Priority for Legion Unholy? Stength > Haste > Mastery> Crit? (Rune Regen seems to be EXTREMELY limiting with low haste)

7. What is the ideal order to aim for Legendaries?

8. What is the ideal build-path for Artifact Talents, I know we can eventually fill it all, but initially what is best?

9. Is there a preferable set of Class Hall Upgrades for Death Knight?

Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2016-08-27 at 05:11 PM.

This is purely subjective as there are no hard data out yet, but here are my 2 cents.

1. Bursting Spores goes hand in hand with Castigator for their excellent synergy together, Ebon Fever is still a strong option (Still hard data will determine which better).

2. Castigator is most likely to be the highest DPS output, yet Clawing Shadows is very close behind + the fact that it can hit from range can sometime make it pull ahead.

3a. It is king for very short fights.
    3b. Not really, as it contradicts our playstyle currently of alternating through a burning runes phase and spending RP phase(Check the Artifact trait Scourge of Worlds).

4. Each got their fights to shine through, tho only in my opinion SR will be the default

5a. Out-classes it in almost every single fight with more than one target (Also could be used in single target fights where you have to move away or take some debuff out and you're using Castigator instead of CS, so you could Epidemic on the run).
    5b. Defile is good with CS, but currently not really worth it in its current form vs. the other choices.

6. STR>>>Haste>Crit>Mastery (Castigator Build) STR>>>Haste>Mastery>Crit (CS Build as well as more aoe oriented fights).

7. You can't target specific legendaries afaik, you just hope to get the better ones assuming they drop for you early.

8. There are various postst here that lead to the optimum path for both Apocalypse and BoTFP.

9. Also found in those sources, but I can't really tell you myself.

Only issue with that thread, is it's 47 pages, and lots of it is just subjective "Wow, can't believe they nerf'd xx in PvP".. "I really like xx" etc lol

Hard to find precisely what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Only issue with that thread, is it's 47 pages, and lots of it is just subjective "Wow, can't believe they nerf'd xx in PvP".. "I really like xx" etc lol

Hard to find precisely what you're looking for.
    Read last 5 pages and ask questions in there get a ton more responses and accurate info.