Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    No telescopes to click on. I approve.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Khan View Post
    The fact they stated pre-orders were on par with WoD, which did have over 10 million subscribers in the beginning...
    Pre-orders are not subscriptions. Just because the expansion saw around 3m preorders (WoD pre-order numbers), doesn't mean that it has the same number of subscribers. Most probably (like most most most) people who are already subscribed and plan to keep being subscribed - preorder expansions.

So that statement of theirs means that there were at least 3m subscribers at the moment of the statement.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    No problems at all. Had a little queue on Blackmoore EU but thats it.

<3 Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Without a doubt the smoothest launch ever...

But, to balance it with my negative bullshit... it also most likely has WAY less people participating than any expansion launch ever.
    All my friends who have played the game at some point in their lives have reactivated their subscription for Legion, even friends that haven't touched the game since WotLK.

Deleted
    Same story on the EU side. It was amazing, like goosebumps and chills amazing! I'm seriously full of love for Blizzard right now. Around 10 mins before we hit 00:00 for launch, the XP bars popped up and people could start gaining a bit from the invasions. Soon after the quests were available we were headed off to the new zones. Little to no lag, no DC's, no issues as such. There were some quests that acted up but they were do-able.

It is such a huge change from the constant lag and dc's at the previous launches. Seriously, they've pulled their shit together and I'm hearing nothing but loving comments from people in-game about Legion. I am crazy in love with this expansion as well. <3

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    don't applaud yet... last afternoon was unplayable for most in EU, lets see today.
    I played on EU Argent Dawn from around 19:00 server time to midnight yesterday, no issues whatsoever. If there was a problem it appears to have been late afternoon/early evening. Launch was pretty flawless too.

Deleted
    Great launch. But i really doubt that it is because of the so called "raised server capacity". There is no reason to raise the capacity of servers for a game that is losing Subs for over a year. And as Elim Garak said: just because preorders have been as high as WoD preorders it doesn't mean Legion has as many Subs at launch as WoD did. Because WoDs 10 mio. subs record isn't based on the preorders, it is based on all players subscribing for WoD around the launch. That includes all the Players that didn't even buy WoD at that time but had a subscription.

So nice launch, but my educated guess would be on the "there are not as many people logging in at launch day like in any of the previous expansions"-side.

And the bottle Neck for a smooth launch isn't a bottleneck region, at least not for queues. The Bottleneck ist the login-server.

Has not been so smooth for me and friends across the nation. Still ocasional lag spikes. Seeing whole groups during events lag to the point that people start dying. Personally I would put it on overall par with MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
    All my friends who have played the game at some point in their lives have reactivated their subscription for Legion, even friends that haven't touched the game since WotLK.
    And none of mine have. Only 1 friend has stayed in game (mostly) since BC. Dozens are gone.

Amazing launch. Simply a great job by Blizz.

I logged on at 3am est in a sleepy daze, and thought the xpac didn't launch properly since there was no queue (Sargeras).

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    don't applaud yet... last afternoon was unplayable for most in EU, lets see today.
    I was not being serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the launch with the lowest sub base as well....but no chance that could be a factor

I think the biggest reason to the smooth launch is because we all don't have to walk through the same door for once. What I mean, the biggest issue in WoD was everyone getting stuck at garrison. I didn't play Panda land, but cata had everyone going through the maelstrom plus all the phasing which was new. Wrath wasn't too bad, still the early zones were a bit hectic, and Blizz didn't do much for npc tagging to make questing easier when everyone is trying to do them. Tbc, dark portal again, let's shove the entire player base through this door. And well Vanilla, we don't talk about vanilla. Pretty sure I have a gnome warlock who is still looting some mob in Elwyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some DDoS related hiccups last night, but this obviously doesn't count. It was terribly smooth and very happy about that.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)