Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even as someone who occasionally roleplays I do not have any strong feelings towards this topic and although I understand why one may express his like or dislike of this situation I do not understand how it could affect my view on the whole class more then topics like performance or balancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I played a shadow priest for almost 12 years. I've bummed around with warriors once in a while, but never at max level. I boosted the one I had in WoD to 90 and farmed for transmog gear. I boosted another with the legion boost to play with an old online group and...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DO I LOVE THIS VIKING THEME. Everything from the lore of Strom'Kar to our class hall being Valhalla. I mean sure I went and got my Ret Paladin Ashbringer and if you want a down to earth class hall filled with all the well known NPC's of your class, Paladins are the class hall for you. Warriors though, FUCK YEAH. Totally get to rock my Stormforged tmog with wolf head helm on Dragonslayer Vultyr.

The only thing I wish is that we still had Glad spec. Nothing says Viking like bashing your enemy in the face with your shield.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I don't dislike it, my dog's name is Fenrir and I think the Scandinavian countries have some spiffy mythology, but I don't like it because of this whole "Brohalla" shit going on in America right now where all of these white dudes with beards run around talking about Odin and shit, acting like they have the first clue about who vikings were and whatnot.

I have some ancestry in Scandinavian countries, but that's about it - I recognize I'm American, and that's fine.

So yeah, it's neat, I don't really think it does much to represent "warriors" as a whole in Azeroth, not like being the "Deathlord" of Acherus and the Ebon Blade does, but it's ok, I'm fine with it. I just dislike the whole Brohalla thing and I think people bring it up more because of this shit.

Also I am still disappointed that Strom'kar doesn't really have anything other than the graphic for Warbreaker, and a couple of artifact traits that drive home the theme that it was stuck in a faceless general's blood for a thousand or more years. It should have more corruption and I think warriors who use it should have some different stuff - just like how the Prot one relates more to Neltharion and the Fury one is directly tied to Odyn.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Yeah I don't like our class halls. The atmosphere and coloring is nice, but the freaking reskinned and recolored characters from WotLK NPCs is so bad and freaking ugly ... and honestly I dislike Vikings. Warriors are not Vikings what-so-ever.

Freaking bad design IMO.
    To be fair, I love Vikings and hate this theme since it was made by someone who very clearly doesnt know anything about Nordic culture aside from what they've read in Thor comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Even as someone who occasionally roleplays I do not have any strong feelings towards this topic and although I understand why one may express his like or dislike of this situation I do not understand how it could affect my view on the whole class more then topics like performance or balancing.
    Having to go to the same sun bathed light castle each day, a place in your mind you know is dedicated to your class but having nothing to do with it, is going to get annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I don't dislike it, my dog's name is Fenrir and I think the Scandinavian countries have some spiffy mythology, but I don't like it because of this whole "Brohalla" shit going on in America right now where all of these white dudes with beards run around talking about Odin and shit, acting like they have the first clue about who vikings were and whatnot.

I have some ancestry in Scandinavian countries, but that's about it - I recognize I'm American, and that's fine.

So yeah, it's neat, I don't really think it does much to represent "warriors" as a whole in Azeroth, not like being the "Deathlord" of Acherus and the Ebon Blade does, but it's ok, I'm fine with it. I just dislike the whole Brohalla thing and I think people bring it up more because of this shit.

Also I am still disappointed that Strom'kar doesn't really have anything other than the graphic for Warbreaker, and a couple of artifact traits that drive home the theme that it was stuck in a faceless general's blood for a thousand or more years. It should have more corruption and I think warriors who use it should have some different stuff - just like how the Prot one relates more to Neltharion and the Fury one is directly tied to Odyn.
    Speaking of titles. Our title is one that is commonly used by the Broken and Naga. Its much more strongly connected to the Illidari than anything else.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't hear you over crashing into dalaran like a meteor

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I don't mind the idea, compared to things like Demon Hunters and Death Knights I've played so far it feels very disconnected and strange. DK/DH is completely embedded in the things they have up to that point, and feels very RP style. However, I find the Warrior one disconnecting. I knew exactly what it was but still, the intro to the place was disjointed to me, swapping from working with a lore figure with a plan to 'herdy gerdy let's die on these beaches' vyrkul. I think the place is cool, I enjoyed the introduction to Strom'kar, but overall I don't understand why Warrior's have so few lore figures in their Hall. Why is Varian, Grom, Anduin Lothar, Broxigar or some other well know Warrior there to work with us?

The crashing to Dalaran is cool.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Love the theme and loved stormheim. I do think they went a little to far as far as our champions go. Couldn't leave at least a couple spots for non Vyrkrul related characters? I hope we get more in future patches. We could even get Varyan. He did die in glorious battle. He fits in our little valhalla.

Interesting thing I noted.

Pretty much half the Vrykul race wish to become Paladins. Notice how their are barely any female Vrykul in the Hall? Just shield maidens yeah? The caste of Vrykul who all wish to one day become holy angels. Our hall is filled with people who do not wish to be warriors. Fantastic. This coupled with Odynn enslaving his adopted daughters soul kinda makes the class have a bit of a "no girls allowed" vibe.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Sorry, I just came in like a wrecking ball.

TO VALHALLA!

Just think of it as the appropriate theme for this expansion that best fit the warrior archetype. Broken Isles are home to the Vrykul and the Valkyr, they respect strength and have found you to be the strongest living warrior on Azeroth so they took you in and were like, hey bud...you're a badass so hang out and lead us through this Legion shit would ya?

Doesn't mean Warriors are Vikings, just means that's where we fit thematically in this expansion.

Regardless, I'm enjoying it. Thinking of my Fury Warrior as a Viking Berserker is pretty satisfying.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its ok, but personally I prefer discipline over fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post

The only thing I wish is that we still had Glad spec. Nothing says Viking like bashing your enemy in the face with your shield.
    You can still do that just fine as Protection for the past 10+ years.