Frost AOE is broken

Seriously, am I doing something wrong or are we basically the worst AOE dps in the game right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Please don't tell me. I just picked Ebon Chill Artifact quest.
    I got some bad news, bro...

Not really, though. You won't be using AOE all that much for those first few lvls so if it bothers you that much you can just switch specs at 102.

What about for dungeons? Or Mythic dungeons? etc . We are screwed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    My main is Fire. At 102 I picked Frost over Arcane.

can we at some point of time get 3rd artifact as well?
    You can do both your other spec artifacts as soon as you hit level 102

It was well known that frost aoe was crap for a few months now.

Try Shadow Priest, and then ask this question again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    Try Shadow Priest, and then ask this question again.

This exactly

Pick ice nova for burst AOE, ice bomb and icy comets+ use your ice orb or blizzard and come tell me that they are the worst AOE spec in the game. Frost AOE is actually quite decent if you pick the appropriate talent and have a clue of what you are doing. This reminds me of the similar type of complaint the other frosties get: the frost DKs. They too have pretty good burst AOE but people complain without even trying the relevant combination of talents.

People are a bit annoyed that Frost AoE baseline is sub par compared to Arcane and Fire's baseline AoE. Like super bad in terms of damage. After all, this is the expansion where damage spec's were supposed to be equal or relatively close to each other in each department.

My issue is that blizzard hits like a wet noodle, but also has a really bad % chance to proc FoF. If one of those things is buffed, we'll be in a good place. The weakness right now is that when Frozen Orb goes down, we essentially cant do any sustained dps. Frozen orb/Ice Nova/Comet Storm are all big cooldown spells. Once those are down we literally just have blizzard and fishing for FoF procs.

Buff the % chance for blizzard to proc FoF (7-8% chance instead of 5%), and make Frost Bomb do more damage to surrounding targets and we'll have a decent AoE arsenal.

Keep in mind too; however, that we still haven't seen a major balance patch following release (and there always is one). We also haven't had the sheer time spent in the expansion yet to see how everyone is doing in a dungeon/raid environment. The two balance patches coming (One for post-expansion release and one for post-raid release) will be very telling as to blizzard's intentions with spec strengths.