Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Why would anyone kill Moonglade guards? What the hell are they getting out of that?
    People can be morons, that's for sure. I say let him lie in the bed he made.

Zomg!!! Pat yourselves on the back some more, Blizzard. Smoothest launch yet, but that couldn't possibly be because it also has the lowest number of players for any launch yet (besides classic,) now could it? Lol.

Lol what the fuck is going on in the comment section here. Seems only the terribly frustrated who have given up on the game and haven't bought Legion, are writing here. Everybody else is ingame and enjoying the hell out of it. My guild chat hasn't been this happy since Wrath.

Btw there is NO WAY to compare this expansion to WoD. I was disappointed in WoD from the second it was announced, because I knew that 2+ years of full "lokthar ogar blood and thunder and orc sweat" wasn't gonna do much for me thematically.

Also when WoD launch came around, there had already been so many awful disappointments -- garrisons with close to zero customization and not even being movable, no Karabor, no Shattrath, "Trashcan hubs" instead, no flying (with no guarantee that it would ever be possible in WoD areas), no Tanaan, no Faralohn ... and I'm probably still forgetting something.

Compare with Legion announcement and launch. Zero disappointments so far, no let down expectations or going back on promises.

If anything, Legion might be in danger of going like Cata, with a great launch and then disappointing patches. We'll have to see that. But it's already miles better than WoD ever was.

give it til the weekend tbh as most people in work etc

Deleted
    While (as I stated earlier) tuesday was basically unplayable for me on my main server, I too am shocked about people's reaction to this launch. Forget expansion launches, do anyone remember the AQ opening event? Hell, Kalimdor died constantly, my chat was filled with "came online, goes offline" messages as both my guild and my friends were constantly disconnecting (I was leveling an alt in Eastern Kingdoms), nobody saw anything of the event itself, etc... Compared to that (and again, it was an instance release, not an expansion launch!) this was smooth as shit.

I haven't played in a long time. Levelled up in MoP but didn't go further and didn't play WoD. Came back for Legion and I'm having a hell of a good time. My only negative observation so far is that instances seem brainless and easy. What happened to the days where you needed strategy and CC in instances? Even on all of the bosses I've faced, it seems to be tank and spank and stay out of stuff on floor. I hope the harder difficulties make it more challenging. Still though, it's the most fun I've had with WoW in years.

Quote Originally Posted by muSPK View Post
    Smoothest launch maybe, but now the game almost feels like a single player game due to everyone being channeled to other channels so we wont see each other...And I thought this was an MMO.
    That's not even close to being true. You see TONS of people. Just as many as in the past if not more.

I'm a little confused by this addon....why would you want to hide that bar? Yes, I know....I'm assuming people don't want to see it, but....why not? lol I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    That's not even close to being true. You see TONS of people. Just as many as in the past if not more.
    Totally agreed. I'm seeing WAY more people out questing than I did in WOD. And WOD launch had 10 mil players again for the first few months. So compared, its WAAAAAY more people.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Maybe you see "tons of people" but that's 100% flat wrong from my experiences. The only place I see considerable numbers of people is Dalaran and Class Halls, and by "considerable" I mean in the neighborhood of maybe 20.

I chose Azsuna as my starting area and I hardly see anyone, and I've been playing at 8-10pm server time.

Last night I decided to take a break from questing and just go roam the zones herbing and mining and looking at scenery and it VERY VERY much feels like a single-player game. I traveled from Azsuna to Highmountain to Stormheim by ground mount, and I raised both my herbalism and mining to about 750. During that whole time I saw probably a total of six other players.

I just assumed that the phasing is having a very significant effect, but the reality is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.

One drawback of the multitap is, as a skinner, bastards who come and attack MY mobs, then don't loot so I can't skin

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Maybe you see "tons of people" but that's 100% flat wrong from my experiences. The only place I see considerable numbers of people is Dalaran and Class Halls, and by "considerable" I mean in the neighborhood of maybe 20.

I chose Azsuna as my starting area and I hardly see anyone, and I've been playing at 8-10pm server time.

Last night I decided to take a break from questing and just go roam the zones herbing and mining and looking at scenery and it VERY VERY much feels like a single-player game. I traveled from Azsuna to Highmountain to Stormheim by ground mount, and I raised both my herbalism and mining to about 750. During that whole time I saw probably a total of six other players.

I just assumed that the phasing is having a very significant effect, but the reality is undeniable as far as I'm concerned.
    It's the sharding. I'm sure of it. There is a quest in highmountain where you play in a flashback and it didn't seem to have the same sharding, it was immersion breaking because everyone was the same character but there was a massive amount of people there. I probably have 50 people on my screen at any given point and I could see swarms of people around each NPC in the quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Smoothest Launch Ever!"

As long as you don't count the ddos attacks.

Deleted
    Blizzard has amazing teams, and it's been awesome seeing us all come together to pull this off.

Sounds bit nasty , its all in the (dirty) mind ;-) .

HideOrderHall addon is not needed if you already got the MoveAnything addon. The newest release lets you hide that bar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post

I am on a pretty dead realm right now and this is my experience too, though honestly I love it. I feel it's incredibly disturbing to the gaming experience if there's a lot of other players around, particularly since WoW has tried to invoke the You're Our Sole, Amazing, MVP Hero feeling for quite some time now. It's pretty odd to see top tier NPCs like Khadgar speak to a million players at the same time or, in general, have a millon players around at the same time (every other launch this far, including WoD). That's also why I hate doing the Lorespeaker World quests and the quest in Highmountain where you play part of the past - there's a gazillion players there and it's beyond silly.

I do see players, but more like I would expect on a regular day, not launch day, and perhaps a bit more than what a regular day looks like on this dead realm of mine (I'm new to this realm, so I can't say). Just enough players so I don't feel alone - and definitely not so many that I feel brutally torn from the fantasy of playing WoW.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2016-09-06 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyton87 View Post
    Off-Topic:

You do not seem to know what a DDOS attack is Maybe read up on such a topic before you make any comments: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

DDOS is coming from outside Blizzards network and is NOT Blizzards fault.
    Probably some script-kiddies who like to disrupt the servers now that Legion has launched...

On-Topic:

Definitely one of the most smoothest launches of a new exp. in WoW History. I am a Vanilla player and had no issues on the Realms I play on (except that Silvermoon was full ).
    As I work in IT I know what goes on on the back-end of a large infrastructure like this and I must say that Blizzards Engineers did an incredible job! KUDOS for them
    Very nice of you to link me something that I have to deal with in my BLOODY DAY JOB, but good on you... 10/10 effort.
    I'm just pointing sarcastically how funny thing always go wrong whenever people start patting themselves on the back, maybe... understand sarcasm before trying to get on an intellectual high horse??
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.