Question Bartender: how do I copy profile and alter it without changing the original?

I spent a while setting up Bartender on one of my characters yesterday. Today I wanted to copy that profile and use it on another character and make a few small changes. But then I discovered that Bartender doesn't automatically differentiate between characters, it just applies that profile to every character. Somehow I managed to reset my original settings and now I have to start all over again

How do I copy the settings from from one character to another but make changes that don't affect the settings on the original character?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I spent a while setting up Bartender on one of my characters yesterday. Today I wanted to copy that profile and use it on another character and make a few small changes. But then I discovered that Bartender doesn't automatically differentiate between characters, it just applies that profile to every character. Somehow I managed to reset my original settings and now I have to start all over again

How do I copy the settings from from one character to another but make changes that don't affect the settings on the original character?
    I suggest making a new profile named Template that has all your default preferences. You can then copy it to any other profile and tweak those without using the standard.

Deleted
    Make a new profile and activate it. (New->enter name->press okay and make sure the name shows up under "Current Profile")
    Then use the "Copy From" option (choose the profile you want to copy from below)

The "copy from"-step overwrites the current profile with the "copy from"-version you choose. I guess your messed up something here(copied a default profile over your edited one) or pressed the reset button.
    Making a new profile or making a copy does not alter the original.
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-08-31 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Make a new profile and activate it. (New->enter name->press okay and make sure the name shows up under "Current Profile")
    Then use the "Copy From" option (choose the profile you want to copy from below)

The "copy from"-step overwrites the current profile with the "copy from"-version you choose. I guess your messed up something here(copied a default profile over your edited one) or pressed the reset button.
    Making a new profile or making a copy does not alter the original.

Make sure you select the option like Allow Per Character changes or Character Specific Profiles at the top of one of the setting pages.