Deleted

Only 3 alternative artifact transmogs?

One is just a slightly different version of the original, one is an alternate transmog that does look different, and another one is the PvP transmog. Seriously, is this it? They showed so many more of them when they introduced Legion, I guess this is one more thing we can add to the list of things scrapped.

This is the interface they showed in the Legion trailer at Gamescom.

You can see the base skin and then 4 more skins. But in the game we only have the base skin and 3 more skins. That's 1 per artifact weapon that they promised us that's now missing.

Here are more pictures, you can clearly always see the base skin and 4 more skins.

7+ Year Old Account
    there are secret/hidden artifact appearances you have to find in game.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    there are secret/hidden artifact appearances you have to find in game.
    no shit, I can see that I have to unlock them, but there are only 3 alternate skins

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) Base one
    2) Upgraded base, so it resembles the base one more or less depending on weapon
    3) PvE-content
    4) PvP-content
    5) Hidden appearance that has to be found. Depends on the weapon where to find it, and not all were found during beta.

There's also a 6th one, currently unused, and will most likely show up in a patch, since the models are done and ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wongeun View Post
    1) Base one
    2) Upgraded base, so it resembles the base one more or less depending on weapon
    3) PvE-content
    4) PvP-content
    5) Hidden appearance that has to be found. Depends on the weapon where to find it, and not all were found during beta.

There's also a 6th one, currently unused, and will most likely show up in a patch, since the models are done and ready.
    oh ok, if that is the case, I wasn't aware of that, that sounds awesome

thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    edit: nvm, got answered already.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-31 at 11:31 PM. Reason: dont want to repeat already said stuff.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    no shit, I can see that I have to unlock them, but there are only 3 alternate skins
    Needlessly-aggressive reaction to misunderstanding someone who answered your question
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    edit: nvm, got answered already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Needlessly-aggressive reaction to misunderstanding someone who answered your question
    yeah sorry, my bad

but it wasn't meant aggressively, that's just the way I talk =)

They will be unlocked, more are coming.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    One is just a slightly different version of the original, one is an alternate transmog that does look different, and another one is the PvP transmog. Seriously, is this it? They showed so many more of them when they introduced Legion, I guess this is one more thing we can add to the list of things scrapped.
    I'm interested to know what's on your list of things that were scrapped when as far as I can tell absolutely nothing has been scrapped and absolutely nothing was ever promised to us...

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    oh ok, if that is the case, I wasn't aware of that, that sounds awesome

thanks!
    They did shift it around a little.

For example, all the Sheilun models in that picture are currently obtainable in game (when raids open at least), while the Ashbringer models got shifted around a bit. The Shattered Version is currently the unobtainable one, while there's a Corrupted Version instead as the Hidden Skin.

You can use the wowhead artifact calculator to look at the different skins and models. The 5th one is unusually the unused one, while the 6th is the available Hidden one (if you look at the different colors for the Hidden ones, you can see that only one of the models got requirements. That's the one in-game).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I'm interested to know what's on your list of things that were scrapped when as far as I can tell absolutely nothing has been scrapped and absolutely nothing was ever promised to us...
    Thal'dranath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a chill pill dude. You should seriously calm down before you give yourself an ulcer

Thal'dranath?
    I'll just tell you this once: things in pre-Alpha design sketches and single-texture landmass blobs with their name on it are not promised or cut content, as they never were content to begin with. What was to be Thal has shifted to something else.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I'll just tell you this once: things in pre-Alpha design sketches and single-texture landmass blobs with their name on it are not promised or cut content, as they never were content to begin with. What was to be Thal has shifted to something else.
    Perfect Blizzdrone response.

Scrapped is scrapped.

Now go and cash in your cheque from Blizzard you shill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Take a chill pill dude. You should seriously calm down before you give yourself an ulcer
    Who says I'm not calm? Is this an attempt at flaming? Get a life.

Perfect Blizzdrone response.

Scrapped is scrapped.

Now go and cash in your cheque from Blizzard you shill.

- - - Updated - - -

Who says I'm not calm? Is this an attempt at flaming? Get a life.
    I know I shouldn't respond to this, but you gave me a chuckle. Enjoy your time away, friend.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They can add more transmogs in every major "tier" content update if they want. They probably prefer this, since it means they can just churn out new weapon models and don't have to worry about stats/procs or any of that pesky "balance". Four at launch, with color variations, plus a hidden appearance is enough for now.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".