Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I am well aware it wasn't him and it was just an illusion, what I'm talking about how cringeworthy the VA was done. And yes, Aggra is the worst, but this is a close second.
    Calaydus (warlock demon that helps you) sounds like an 80's saturday morning cartoon character. X'era sounds like Cate Blanchett swallowed Tilda Swinton and got stuck in her throat. A lot of the VA in legion is cringeworthy. Liam O'Brien (voice of Illidan) which sounds fine, deliveres some of the worst edgemaster bunk lines in the entire game. The guy sounds like someone fighting a massive duce out-loud in a truck stop gas station toilet.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    I was more so disappointed. Malfurion was played off as such a wimp. I honestly lost all respect for the character.
    it was a image of him... that wasent the actual malfurion saying that... xavius was basicly doing the "im malfurion dur hur im so stupid listen to my stupid voice im dumb"

10. I was literally in tears and it's become a meme in our household as well.

I knew it was Xavius, but it was still hilarious, and also why I won't quantify it as bad voice acting. The goal was to mock Malfurion and Tyrande, which he succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is why Blizzard shouldn't do love stories, this whole damsel in distress segment was just laughably bad.
    Love or women. Had Tyrande been written similarly to Nathanos in his search for Sylvanas she would have been a total badass, instead what we got had me actually liking Xavius. They made Twilight look like a better love story than Malfurion & Tyrande. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

While Xavius may have been behind the dialogue during that one quest leading to Darkheart Thicket, that doesn't give the VA a pass for the terrible "Noooo!" when Cenarius disappears earlier in the quest chain. The entire chain made me almost laugh at how bad the dialogue was. Almost.

All Blizzard VA is atrocious and always has been, not really new.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande has such a shrill, banshee voice. Malfurion sounds like a big nerd.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande continued to suck.

And Xavius-Malfurian was a giant ham.

I actually laughed at X-M, in a good way.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Xavius is a funny guy. He even got some people here. Still, the "Noooo" quest was still absolutely terrible. Whoever is behind Malfurion's voice doesn't know how to do emotional voice.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Xavius is a funny guy. He even got some people here. Still, the "Noooo" quest was still absolutely terrible. Whoever is behind Malfurion's voice doesn't know how to do emotional voice.
    That was a Revenge of the Sith level flat delivery.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hated Malf and Tyrande before this expansion, super duper hate them now.

Then Malfy talks mad shit in DHT while you're the one saving his ass.

Deleted
    Doesn't stop me from reading Mal&Xavius Fics. What a lovely ship! Tyrande is just in the way of true love.

Xavius' plan was to distract Tyrande, cause enough anguish and frustration chasing after illusions begging for her help (and buy time for Ysera to lay siege) to make her choose Malf over her duty. She'd rush into the thicket and get caught just like Malf was after Cenarius was turned.

But she didn't. Her and Malf's entire relationship is built around their love for each other due to their integrity and duty-bound nature. Xavius didn't realize this, that they would choose their duty over each other since its the core of their relationship. She went back to deal with the real problem at hand at the Temple of Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty obvious to me that it was not the actual Malfurion talking when he said "I need you!" in a very fake, desperate voice. It was just Xavius messing with Tyrande and the player. It was kind of hilarious and I believe that was intentional.

The story in Val'sharrah is very dark and depressing overall, so it worked as a way to lighten the mood a bit just before the most emotional part of the zone played out at the Temple of Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Ok guys srsly, how hard did you laugh at Tyrande & Malfurion VA there? Rate it 1-10!
    That's just Xavius mocking you and Tyrande by giving his most hated Nemesis the whiniest, girliest, damsel-in-distress voice he could. Not actually Malf buddy.

"Tuhranduh!?! Help meeee!!" My wife and I laughed so hard at that.

Deleted