Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've found riptide doing most of my healing this expac, the spike damages are difficult to predict and riptide really works well on most fights IE(Rot/Venom/Eye Beams/Blades). The raid itself has kind of changed the approach for resto(outside of maybe ursoc/cenarius/xavius) where stacking is allowed without penalty and rain/chain make more sense. I've found myself casting less and less chain heal and keep both riptide charges on cd. It's a good medium, but if you want to maximize, I'd say spec into single target healing for Neth, Ilginoth and Elerethe and spec into AoE Healing for Ursoc, Dragons, Cenarius and Xavius. Don't be surprised if you get beat by other healers on the earlier bosses but beat them on the later bosses where our toolkit makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    I've found riptide doing most of my healing this expac, the spike damages are difficult to predict and riptide really works well on most fights IE(Rot/Venom/Eye Beams/Blades). The raid itself has kind of changed the approach for resto(outside of maybe ursoc/cenarius/xavius) where stacking is allowed without penalty and rain/chain make more sense. I've found myself casting less and less chain heal and keep both riptide charges on cd. It's a good medium, but if you want to maximize, I'd say spec into single target healing for Neth, Ilginoth and Elerethe and spec into AoE Healing for Ursoc, Dragons, Cenarius and Xavius. Don't be surprised if you get beat by other healers on the earlier bosses but beat them on the later bosses where our toolkit makes more sense.
    Why would you spec single target for Elerethe? Other than the parts of the fight where you're running to the next platform, you can mostly stack up loosely with a few people running their poisons and tornados out. Even when you run out of the big... spider... crashing back down thing... you end up near most other people since those platforms aren't that big.