Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVP in current state is terrible. Just play demon hunter and do everything, heal, tank, dps, carry flag, troll 1v3 and win etc
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    PVP in current state is terrible. Just play demon hunter and do everything, heal, tank, dps, carry flag, troll 1v3 and win etc
    Lets not make this post into DH hating, we already got nerfed pretty badly, besides DH are not as OP as ppl make it out to be, Ret for example can 1v2 much much easier than a DH can. And all those 1v3 videos are done vs very bad players, there are plenty 1v3 videos done by mages/boomies even warriors when facing bad players, it does not mean if you roll a warrior you can 1v3 arena, can you now? so lets stay on topic plz

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate DH's glide. It seems to ignore a few movement speed/snare type bullcrap. I foresee Vengeance being a new staple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Lets not make this post into DH hating, we already got nerfed pretty badly, besides DH are not as OP as ppl make it out to be, Ret for example can 1v2 much much easier than a DH can. And all those 1v3 videos are done vs very bad players, there are plenty 1v3 videos done by mages/boomies even warriors when facing bad players, it does not mean if you roll a warrior you can 1v3 arena, can you now? so lets stay on topic plz
    Man I have alt DH, I literally pee all over people in arena and can easily 1v2 against most setups
    Nerf was a joke.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Man I have alt DH, I literally pee all over people in arena and can easily 1v2 against most setups
    Nerf was a joke.
    I am not talking about sub 1k cr, i am talking about 2kcr + teams where ppl are decent, i can bet my life that you can not 1v2 Rog/Ret lets say Savix and Sensus they are at 2.1k-2.2k cr atm

As i always said in my other posts, basing state of PvP balance on games vs low skilled players is unwise

P.S. As example in MOP i would sell 2k achivs in 2s on my Ret, i could 1v2 most comps like Mage/Hpal, Resto drood/DK for example but that does not mean Ret was OP in MOP, it only means people were bad at sub 2k rating.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-28 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You people are overreacting. Tanks now take 25% more damage and do 10% less damage. 10% less damage of 'too much damage for a tank to be doing' is still a lot of damage. 25% more dmg taken of 'not much damage taken' is still 'not much damage taken'.

Dying in a global to a rogue is an EXTREME exaggeration. Global means literally 1s (rogue GCD is 1s) Pre-nerf a rogue would take well over 15s to nuke me down from a burst surprise attack. Now I take 25% more damage. 15 seconds becomes 12 seconds. 15 seconds does not become 1-2 seconds. For that to happen I'd have to have been nerfed to take 750% more damage.

If I do 10% less damage and before it took on average 20 seconds to kill someone, it now takes ~22 seconds. Wow, a whole 2 seconds longer, the sky is falling! Hardly what I'd call a 'fraction'.

Tanks were OP before, now they're... more balanced with DPS, yet people act as if they've gone from OP to completely non-viable. What a load of melodramatic tosh! Why do people blow things so completely out of proportion like this? And did it not occur that many DPS specs have had their templates nerfed too?

And you're bored in RBGs. Find something else to do if it doesn't interest you. Nobody here needs to know you're bored. What makes your boredom so newsworthy?
    Their active mitigation got buffed (from the previous iteration anyways) to compensate for the damage taken as well.

So still viable I'd say.

Tank damage is such a non-issue to still have the template 15% decrease on top of the 10% nerf everyone got. Right now prot paladin is more of a healer than a damage dealer. Hitting anything outside of Seraphim is a waste of time, but nothing will die if you're allowed to spam FoL with Guarded by the Light. And the increased heal on Hand of the Protector lets you heal other people (who didn't get a 25% damage taken increase) much better.

In that sense, you really want to take out the prot paladin first, so good design I guess.

But I digress. They said they want tanks to have a role on BGs, and Steed of Glory is hilariously effective at flag running.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2016-09-29 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Is your question about running spells and who got most or about actual gameplay. Because in actual gameplay a good team will a) find and kill the sprinter like a cockroach b) they will prevent switch of flag to tank either way (check [a] for details) and c) they will have sent absolutely anyone to do a pick of your flag and that guy will reach at least middle before you interrupt him because you re busy trying to help your sprinter.

Its an absolute fail. The only way it could work is if you re on a rebound from a cap and while you keep everyone busy in FR you have someone fast get the flag leave from tunnel and hope that boot is up.

And again you would need 1 healer and 1 snarer in middle and organization and good communications and and and and GET A TANK FOR THE RUN.

- - - Updated - - -

You must enlighten us as to how you manage that because I still kill every DH before all my dances are on cooldown. And so do all other rogues I know so you either don't meet rogues or you are hiding something from us.
    He mean "most setups that doesn't include rogue" which is 50%. The guy is just trolling and thinking he's good because he 2v1 once maybe twice in skirmish. Any decent people know how to counter DH

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...lass_filter=12

Just worth mentioning this. Currently in RBG 2k+ there are 78 players. Only 3 of these players are tanks. Yes, they're vengeance but I promise you, it's only for flag carrying maps until the hotfixes push through that nerf our mobility in BGs come 7.1.

This has nothing to do with DHs, this has to do with the fact that tanks seem to have no current place in the PvP meta. At all. Why is blizzard denying someone who plays a tank the ability to play competitively, and achieve high rating? We play tanks for a reason, and shouldn't be forced to playing DPS or heals. Nerf our damage. Fine. But make us actually able to take damage.

It comes down to this basic philosophy: 1 DPS shouldn't be able to kill a tank, in turn, that tank shouldn't be able to kill the DPS. Just like 1 DPS shouldn't be able to kill a healer, but the Healer shouldn't be able to kill the DPS. The only time 1v1s should be won in this sense is by skill level. Tanks are meant to soak damage and disrupt enemy teams. Healers are supposed to be able to heal themselves and other players through damage. 1 DPS should not be able to kill them in 1 stun lock as I've seen time and time again.

Inb4: "TANKS SHOULD NEVER BELONG IN PEE-VEE-PEE, BREH!"