Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Now imagine if your dps goes in the shitter whenever you get slowed or rooted, cause that is what melee is like.
    I played melee for the most of my life. I know there are enough ways to to deal with those issues.

You simply can't deny that melees currently are too strong. Maybe not every single one of them, but Demon Hunters, Arms Warriors, Rogues, Ferals are all way too strong.

Try to play a warlock in PvE in LEGION. It feels like you are in hell and you have access to one computer and that computer only has access to one website and that website is full of pictures of emma watson, but those pictures are photoshopped and emma watson has the body of melissa mccarthy and basically you are screwed and hate life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    I played melee for the most of my life. I know there are enough ways to to deal with those issues.

You simply can't deny that melees currently are too strong. Maybe not every single one of them, but Demon Hunters, Arms Warriors, Rogues, Ferals are all way too strong.
    Yes, some melee are too strong. That doesn't mean that casters need a buff, that means those melee need to be toned down a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I went from 0 to 1550 last night in 3s just to grind out some honor levels I've neglected to do since launch. It's crazy how inescapable some melee are. Rogue and warrior especially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yes, some melee are too strong. That doesn't mean that casters need a buff, that means those melee need to be toned down a bit.
    as long as the end result is the same I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The problem is that some ranged already have these spells that they can cast while moving and the classes that don't do not have any advantage over the more mobile casters.

An elemental shaman has no way of moving around while doing damage but a fire mage can move all the time yet the fire mage does everything the shaman does but way better.

The balance here is really, really poor.
    Scorch isn't full damage, though. That in itself is a trade-off they have to make. That's also just one spec, but I agree - as I said earlier - Mages are one of the outliers and are able to do more damage than most whilst moving, and Elemental Shamans are on the literal opposite side to them when it comes to short-term mobility. If you have to move a long distance, though, Shamans can Ghost Wolf as well.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-23 at 12:19 PM.

I'm a warlock for reference;

You are expected to be stuck in melee at times. I don't know where this idea came from that ranged need to be able to kite forever. We are designed and balanced around the idea that we will have a sword shoved in us on a fairly regular basis.

I can already beat a lot of melee without ever even moving, if I could move while casting non-instants I would be broken.

Imagine, for a moment, I could chase you while stacking Unstable Affliction on you. We're talking about 300k crit ticks while I continue to chase, that's dumb.

Or how about my filler; do you really want Warlocks to be able to channel drain life on the move?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post

You are expected to be stuck in melee at times. I don't know where this idea came from that ranged need to be able to kite forever. We are designed and balanced around the idea that we will have a sword shoved in us on a fairly regular basis.

I can already beat a lot of melee without ever even moving, if I could move while casting non-instants I would be broken.

Imagine, for a moment, I could chase you while stacking Unstable Affliction on you. We're talking about 300k crit ticks while I continue to chase, that's dumb.

Or how about my filler; do you really want Warlocks to be able to channel drain life on the move?
    even the thread title mentions AN ability, as in one, not everything...

also the entire premise, that we are designed about being in the melee range sometimes is wrong, some melees are incredibly hard to peel of even with good kiters, something like eleshaman is gonna be in melee range not sometimes, but good 90%+ of time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Casters need to go back to MOP levels of mobility. There's no reason for casters to feel like 2004 classes while melee get to be so mobile and floaty + fast.
    Well, I play Arcane and think I have the same mobility than in MoP. Maybe even a little better because you don't have stand in Rune of Power 24/7. What spec's have lost mobility since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    even the thread title mentions AN ability, as in one, not everything...

also the entire premise, that we are designed about being in the melee range sometimes is wrong, some melees are incredibly hard to peel of even with good kiters, something like eleshaman is gonna be in melee range not sometimes, but good 90%+ of time
    No matter which Warlock cast time ability you gave me, it would be broken.

You've really got two options; either I can UA while moving or drain life while moving, pretty much everything else I do is already instant. Regardless of which ability you made mobile, I'd be ridiculously powerful.

And you're talking to the caster class that's stuck in melee 100% of the time, so I shed no tears for the ele shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Scorch isn't full damage, though. That in itself is a trade-off they have to make. That's also just one spec, but I agree - as I said earlier - Mages are one of the outliers and are able to do more damage than most whilst moving, and Elemental Shamans are on the literal opposite side to them when it comes to short-term mobility. If you have to move a long distance, though, Shamans can Ghost Wolf as well.
    I don't think I used up all my charges on both ice floes and shimmer once last night and we cleared every boss on HC.
    Maybe things will be different on mythic but yeah. It's wierd when Blizzard speaks about classes having strengths and weaknesses in Legion yet some classes have no weaknesses at all.

Anyway, I play mage and hunter so it's not an issue for me.

Deleted
    i disagree. yes, i pvp, as ranged. as a boomy even. and i still disagree. i find it very rewarding to get 3 casts off and wipe the enemy team

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post

I also play warlock, though not PVP as affliction. I play pve as demo. I agree, I don't think we should be able to kite forever ala 5.4 KJ cunning. But I do think, however, that making Demonic Empowerment castable while moving would round-out demo very well in PVE. Currently, our ST is above average if we get to stand and not move, our cleave is shit and our AOE is decent if there are enough targets. But our ST goes to shit once we have to move. There is zero reason to cast DE consecutively, but we do cast it enough to where it would mitigate DPS loss while avoiding shit. It's kind of one of those abilities we have to cast, but we try to find ways NOT to cast it (by combining two summoning spells prior, if possible) due to mana cost. So I don't even think making that spell castable while moving would even come close to becoming OP, it seems like it would be a pretty good balance since there's a healthy balance of pros and cons to it.

Deleted
    Wtf is this thread!?`

Melees complaining in THIS xpo?

Melees mob the floor with almost any range class atm. Try to play a warlock...

In pvp melees stick to you nonstop, I can fear, thats it most of the time. You just jump back, dash back, sprint back or whatever.

In pve the bosses have giant hitboxes... If I have to move I lose shitloads of dmg, too. Having spells while moving? Are you kidding me?

Conflag can only be cast when Immolate is between full and halftime, Rifts have a 40 second cd, thats it! You talk about dots? Try play Affli and you dont beat the tank in damage.

Dude I wont complain about melees, but melees complaining in Legion is a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post
    In pvp melees stick to you nonstop, I can fear, thats it most of the time. You just jump back, dash back, sprint back or whatever.
    You don't need to be away from a melee 100% of the time, you know? Just because melee need to be in melee range of you to deal damage does not mean you can't deal damage when they are in melee range. It's you, and your team's job, to minimise that. It's not like you suddenly can't cast if someone is hitting you either - interrupts have a cooldown, CC has DR, you obviously need to learn to juke interrupts or get out of the mindset that you are suddenly useless if they are in melee range of you, especially as a Warlock.

In pve the bosses have giant hitboxes... If I have to move I lose shitloads of dmg, too. Having spells while moving? Are you kidding me?
    Giant hitboxes? I've seen on all of 1 boss, and that's the eye boss in VoW. I've also seen hitboxes where I have to be under the feet to hit them, or in front of them to hit them because their hitbox is so out of place relative to their actual model.

On the same point, big hitboxes aren't always good. It means shit can and will spawn literally on you as melee. You remember Kromog in BRF? The little soundwave things that, as a ranged, most of the time you didn't even need to move for at all, and if you did you had about 10 seconds of watching it slowly move to you, and then you could casually step 2 yards to the side? They can literally spawn on a melee, and if your melee group is all together - add about 15 pets, spell animations and AoE heals on top of that - you're gonna' have a bad time. That kind of thing happens a lot.

If you seriously think ranged have it harder than melee in raids then I'm just not going to take you seriously. I rolled ranged mid tier for guild needs and I was bored within the first raid. Pile of piss. Ironically, pre-planning where I was going to move next and stutter-stepping my way around the room with instant proccs was probably the most "exciting" part of playing a Ranged in a raid, and you guys want to take that away? Sheesh.

Conflag can only be cast when Immolate is between full and halftime, Rifts have a 40 second cd, thats it! You talk about dots? Try play Affli and you dont beat the tank in damage.
    If you can't beat a tank on damage as Affliction that's your problem. Assuming you're talking about raiding because there's basically no movement in Mythic+.
    Melees mob the floor with almost any range class atm. Try to play a warlock...
    What's the rest of your team doing whilst that melee is hitting you? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a total moron talking about duels. Get peels, CC chain, pressure them. Just like they have to do to you. Either way, refer back to the top quote. You are not suddenly useless when someone is hitting you.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-24 at 12:32 PM.

How are melee classes complaining this thread... troll/10

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.