Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who were playing OP specs that were clearly in line for balance surprised when this balance happened. Happens every time since 2004.

It is amusing to read some of their comments though, like Spriests and DH, who try to claim they weren't anything special or some such.

I do think Fire mages could use a small downgrade, but they definitely were not Spriest/DH level of bullshit in raids. That said, there is a good chance fire mages will fall in line by themselves, they currently ride on craftables and items with overbudget crit, but with EN a lot of high ilvl items are not an upgrade for them simply because of crit loss, while it will be a substantial upgrade for other specs.

You could say fire mages have artificial ilvl 870 now just due to careful crit whoring, while everyone else is ilvl 855, but that's where it ends for them as every item without Crit or with little Crit of high ilvl will just be DPS neutral at best for them.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-25 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it has been like that since forever, no back when class stacking was a thing it was even worse.You know what is funny that the top dev Watcher is the flag bearer of that mentality being in it's old day as a player the gm of Elitists Jerks were math was considered more fun than playing the game.
    I agree with all of that. The mistake that is still being made and it's as much a Blizzard corporate culture thing as anything is continuing to do class balance around a very few players (relatively) who raid at the top levels of the game. They collect data across the entire game but still use players who are primarily outliers to determine what to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have little sympathy for FOTM rerollers. As I see it, either they don't do serious progression content and thus don't need to do top deeps, or they're in progression content and thus accept to do whatever it takes to progress. Both of these are choices and aren't ''forced''.

I do make exceptions for specs that just have utterly abysmal performances, such as Frost DK this patch or Survival Hunters in HFC. Feeling like your spec cannot contribute to your group no matter how hard you try sucks. But as a Fury warrior main I'll still be a Fury main, even if we're currently not at the top at all. I can still contribute to a group. So what if the MM hunter stands there and easily beats my DPS if he's halfway competent? I'm not in Mythic progression, I'm not required to do the best performance or hold back the group.

Pick a spec because you like its gameplay and theme, not because it currently does the most DPS/whatever...

If you want to compete for worlds top 5 guilds you should be prepared to reroll as many times as needed, which was always true.

Because in a world where dps are a dime a dozen the classes that perform well will be the ones being brought to raids. If you're not playing one of the top 5 specs chances are you're gonna get benched.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's mind blowing sometimes the questions/comments seen on forums/guild chat/trade. Sooo many people blindly following advice/guides from "top" players. Not even thinking for a second that a ton of the guides/stats/talents are dependent on gear/comp/skill level and can vary. But but so and so said its a .01820201838 dps increase! Or Simcraft said this! Lets all just blindly follow builds and not know how any of our talents or stats work!

I actually had dipshits in my guild complaining in chat about how they could tell their DH dps was nerfed and they are gonna reroll. They just so happened to miss the part where it said everything would be implemented Tuesday..