Deleted

[Resto] I need some updated info about Rdruid, quit years ago!

Hey I stopt playing wow about two years ago and was just wondering if I missed something big..

Questions:
    *What is the go to site now days for Rdruid (IcyVeins is not what I am looking for)
    *Stat prio for raiding, I see most people go haste>crit. But the two top healers currently on warcraftlogs is crit>haste.. is that the correct stat prio?
    *Does effloresce receive anything extra from crit? last time I played I believe the spell was unable to crit.

Those are my main questions. Any help/tips are appreciated.

As for stat priorities, haste becomes a bit more important during short pulls for progress, due to hots double dipping, but once you get longer fights where mana is more important, crit becomes a lot more valuable because it affects most of our healing, 10-20% of our healing throughput does not scale with haste, so even if haste is a bit cheaper pr point crit wins in the end. Eitherway you want to balance it out so that crit >=haste > versatility > mastery.
    Also due to the nature of stats getting to 5-8% versatility can usually be more beneficial than stacking more crit/haste, when they are above 20% each. (what this means is that a haste/versatility is better than crit/mastery, and that you never want to drop any ilvls, just because you have a piece with versatility on it.)
    TL;DR: have roughly the same amount of crit/haste %.

Efflorescence does crit, I dont see any reason why it shouldn't do so, most likely a bug when you played, while I cant remember that being a thing.

As for guides I dont think there is a good collection of knowledge around here, I do believe restokin can be worth checking out, without confirming how good it is, and should help you get an idea of things. I strongly disagree with the affinity choices in the guide though. Feral and guardian affinity are the only useful ones.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-09-25 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your reply much appreciated.
    Will be fun to gear for both mythic+ and raid
    I would assume haste is prio for 5man since I believe it speeds up the DPS off our dots primarily Sunfire.
    With ofc Mastery being the prio with HPS in mind alone... ergo haste mastery and crit is all very strong for 5 man.

What ability's does not stack with haste btw? Unless I misunderstood it haste decreases gcd + makes our hots stronger.

The top logs for healing are mostly luck. There's only so much damage to heal, so to stand out you need your raid to take unnecessary damage, but not so much that you wipe. That and/or "sniping" the other healers.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    As for stat priorities, haste becomes a bit more important during short pulls for progress, due to hots double dipping, but once you get longer fights where mana is more important, crit becomes a lot more valuable because it affects most of our healing, 10-20% of our healing throughput does not scale with haste, so even if haste is a bit cheaper pr point crit wins in the end. Eitherway you want to balance it out so that crit >=haste > versatility > mastery.
    Also due to the nature of stats getting to 5-8% versatility can usually be more beneficial than stacking more crit/haste, when they are above 20% each. (what this means is that a haste/versatility is better than crit/mastery, and that you never want to drop any ilvls, just because you have a piece with versatility on it.)
    TL;DR: have roughly the same amount of crit/haste %.

Efflorescence does crit, I dont see any reason why it shouldn't do so, most likely a bug when you played, while I cant remember that being a thing.

As for guides I dont think there is a good collection of knowledge around here, I do believe restokin can be worth checking out, without confirming how good it is, and should help you get an idea of things. I strongly disagree with the affinity choices in the guide though. Feral and guardian affinity are the only useful ones.
    Isnt our haste cap at like 30% ? After that we go full crit

Restokin has a good summary / healing guide. Worth checking out.

Deleted
    this guide might help you out a little

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbycow View Post
    Thanks for your reply much appreciated.
    Will be fun to gear for both mythic+ and raid
    I would assume haste is prio for 5man since I believe it speeds up the DPS off our dots primarily Sunfire.
    With ofc Mastery being the prio with HPS in mind alone... ergo haste mastery and crit is all very strong for 5 man.

What ability's does not stack with haste btw? Unless I misunderstood it haste decreases gcd + makes our hots stronger.
    Tranquility, swiftmend, dreamwalker and healing touch (some trinket procs), dont scale with haste, at least not throughputwise, these tend to add up to around 15-20% of my healing at least. The value of reduced gcds is greatly diminished in a raiding situation, but also why I said its good to have a decent amount of it during progress where pulls are short, and allow you to spam heals pretty much every gcd, closer to the kills and on farm you cant afford to spam like a madman.

As for 5 mans mastery and haste are both very strong in terms of HPS, mastery due to the average number of stacks being a lot higher, then you have haste because you need to get your spells out quicker and your mana is not very limited. Though crit and versatility becomes very strong in terms of damage, since bleeds dont scale with haste and a decent chunk of our dps comes from rip/rake haste is not a particularly good stat for dpsing in dungeons, crit is also pretty decent at higher mythics when regrowths start to become closer to 20% of your healing (10+% RG and 10+% living seed)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G4merHoly View Post
    Isnt our haste cap at like 30% ? After that we go full crit
    our haste soft cap is 100%, haste beyond this is still valuable to our throughput though, and also dynamic scaling between stats makes it so that you should never have too much of any stat because crit/haste and versatility (due to usually not having a lot of it) is very close in value.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-09-27 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Tranquility, swiftmend, dreamwalker and healing touch (some trinket procs), dont scale with haste, at least not throughputwise...
    Well... their HPS increase with more haste. It's just that their HPM doesn't. Shortening casting/channeling times lets you get back to casting other things, which is a HPS gain. More haste lets you have more Rejuvs rolling, which means a bit more dreamwalking. And you never cast Healing Touch for the healing, so that doesn't really matter.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

in practice you don't really have much ability to decide whether you'd rather go haste/crit or crit/haste, and if you can swap to equivalent bits of gear you should probably lean toward just equalizing them