How bad is the Nerf for protection warriors and arms? anyone tried them in PTR?

does it make tanking unbearable? and how much % ARMS gonna lose?

I only play Prot and I uninstalled. Granted I mainly PvP but do enjoy also raiding it was gutting the class. The Ignore pain bug in PvP was annoying then they nerfed 10% dmg in PvE then the came threw with 25% more damage to tanks by players anywhere and reducing the stat template. Then they said oh wait we aren't done. They nerfed Vengeance which Prot has to take cause its rage starved then they nerfed and gutted their rotation by nerfing rage on intercept and shield slam which they needed to be buffed not nerfed.

So Prot isn't playable. Forget viable. You get a potential 130 max rage from artifact to never ever EVER now be able to get more then 60 rage. It's laughable at best.

They not only need to reverse ALL of the changes but they need to BUFF rage generation threw the rotation which is the whole dam reason why Prot was pigeon holed into Vengeance build in the first place. Shield Slam needs to be 20 rage per hit Period. At 10 rage its a dam joke.

There is no way I would even consider playing Prot untill they actually figure out how they want Ignore pain to function mechanically and give them a rotation that isn't completely rage starved and unfun to play.

Hope you find that info useful. Literally not reinstalling WoW until they can get out of Beta. I am not paying for Beta testing Prot to have them cripple the class to the ground.
    Last edited by TheAbomb; 2016-09-26 at 04:52 PM.

I believe I read in another thread that there was no PTR testing for these changes. It looks like blizzard is being more proactive with changes than we have seen in previous expansion launches.

Arms dropped about 60k DPS in PvE, but is still viable. The issue is going to be the higher difficulty of meeting that DPS mark with FR, in contrast to simply playing fury which has a relatively easier rotation and more cleave damage (someone correct me if im wrong on the cleave damage thing).

Prot will still be viable in PvE. Prot Warriors have been extremely strong so far this xpac in PvE, and I doubt they will magically become the worst tanks (I dont think at any point in the history of WoW warriors were considered the worst tank, but maybe I'm wrong??)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbomb View Post
    I only play Prot and I uninstalled. Granted I mainly PvP but do enjoy also raiding it was gutting the class. The Ignore pain bug in PvP was annoying then they nerfed 10% dmg in PvE then the came threw with 25% more damage to tanks by players anywhere and reducing the stat template.
    For whatever it's worth, they're removing the absurdly low Ignore Pain cap in PvP with the other changes. Beyond that, agreed, the changes hurt. We can mitigate some of it through build changes, but it's definitely going to slow down our rotation and rage generation.

I've been playing with a new build (non-Vengeance/Ultimatum, with higher priority on Revenge) since they announced the changes, so I could see how things would feel - I admit that once the rage generation reduction kicks in, it'll be a bit slower (about 10% lower rage generation by my calculations, depending on encounter difficulty due to RFDT), but I think prot warrior will still be in a good place.