Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Please take off those rose tinted goggles, OP. I got my start in Wrath and I certainly have fond memories of it. But even I'm not so blind to think that chain running dungeons while wearing a tabard was a fun way to gain rep.
    I think the most fun reputation was for the Lorewalkers in MoP where you had to explore and find certain lore objects to gain the rep. Sure, it was quick and easy to get to exalted with them, especially with the help of sites like WoWhead. But at least you actually went out and did stuff unlike endlessly grinding mobs or dailies.
    it was because combined multiple activities in one, dungeon last boss in wotlk had a good reward compared to what you can get at the time, you had to chain run them anyway for badge grinding, the tabard in fact was a system that allowed you to grind any rep in any dungeon at that time we were coming from tbc were dungeons awarded rep but it was restricted to a specific zone and if i'm not mistaken some reps had to be grinded with daily quests (the frost giants for the shoulder enchants).
    Last reason for being better: that system was extremely alt friendly and at the same time you had to play them to get the reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    In WotLK you had 8 reps at start: Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Kalu'ak, The Wyrmrest Accord, The Sons of Hodir, The Oracles, Frenzyheart tribe and a generic Horde / Alliance smash faction.

3 of those rewarded pretty sweet mounts.
    Others rewarded naxx10 equivalent gear.

For some of them you had to run a relatively low number of dungeons to get to exalted. For others you had to run dailies for a week or two. None were too grindy.

Enter Legion. 6 reps, none of which reward anything noteworthy, since heroic warforged / titanforged / whateverforged gear outperforms them by far and mounts are nowhere to be found.

And the only way to get rep is to crush some nuts for 75 rep
    I guess we just don't like the same things?

I am loving the chance of more tabards, loving the toys, loving the pets, and LOVING the harvest shoulder enchant as well.

There doesn't have to be gear involved, the 840 is a fine starter. As well, it has plans/patterns/recipes too.

As for the mounts, I never really liked the idea of the mounts being on the reputation table. Don't get me wrong, I love collecting mounts, but sometimes it just feels off.

As for equipment, the only faction that should up their equipment would be the Nightfallen. Those damn boots should have a higher ilvl, at least 830 to be a good start.

Doesn't matter with much else I think. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WOTLK reps were just as boring. Throw on a tabard or grind the same 5 quests over and over again. Really fun and engaging.