Elerethe Renferal - changing platforms - what is best practice?

The rest of the fight is pretty straight forward but our transitions have been messy.

#1 who in raid should get feathers? We gave to tanks, heals and top dps - is that right or no?

#2 for those without feathers - how do you get across best? We drop to the lower bridge and hit speed boost when half way and forced to go on upper bridge - is that right or no? Do you really ever start on the upper bridge? Any tips for dodging or anticipating the twisters on the bridge?

any other tips or comments?

1. Spiderman's current tank, 1 healer and then people that can't properly deal with interphase.
    2. Go lower bridge, w8 for 1th tornado, move, w8 for second tornado, move. Is not a speed run, just survive.

If most of your group is still alive after intermission, the boss is dead. Phase 2 is a huge joke.

We were struggling with the intermission phase and I saw the video of a guild moving as soon as the boss morph into a bird and before the tornadoes spawn.

You juste leave a tank and a healer that take a feather after the boss flies away.

Worked amazingly for us.

Link to the video if you want more information

Quote Originally Posted by crashley View Post
    We were struggling with the intermission phase and I saw the video of a guild moving as soon as the boss morph into a bird and before the tornadoes spawn.

You juste leave a tank and a healer that take a feather after the boss flies away.

Worked amazingly for us.

Link to the video if you want more information
    According to the video comments this was fixed and not doable anymore

If you have a warlock, it's a very easy transition. Have a gateway from the lower bridge to the ledge before the fight starts, drop to the lower bridge then take the gateway. Otherwise you drop to the lower bridge, wait for the tornado to pass then run across the higher bridge.

Our issue seems to be the spiders just keep dying right there by the web. I dunno if stoppers are lying or if dps are lying and killing them when running.

Our idea is like a previous poster. 1 tank 5 dps and 3 healers grab the feathers (3 of out healers are capable of walking over themselves)

As a team we run with the tank. Tank picks up any spiders that spawn and kill them to the left of the Web bridge. Tornados go on the opposite side. This is ideal.

However seems like they are magically instantly dying from tank aoe, because you know no one else is "killing" the spiders.

My guild can one shot just about ever boss in this place but for whatever reason this transition makes everyone run around like a chick with their damn heads cut off. Biggest piece of advice I have is to make sure people are popping defensives during the run.

Best practice is definitely do the jump down on first half and warlock gateway the second half. Literally 0 tornadoes to even deal with
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    If you have a warlock, it's a very easy transition. Have a gateway from the lower bridge to the ledge before the fight starts, drop to the lower bridge then take the gateway. Otherwise you drop to the lower bridge, wait for the tornado to pass then run across the higher bridge.
    Just quoting this for truth, the transition becomes insanely easy if you cheese it with a warlock portal.
    Put it at the end of the middle platform untill the big platform where the boss runs to and everyone should be able to get it.
    First have everyone jump down to the lower ridge (can be a bit dodgy with movespeed boosts, so make sure to have everyone practise it pre-pull) and then just run to the portal. We have our resto shaman (me) saving tide and dropping it at the middle platform in case people get low and then have me pop AG on the other side to top people off.

For the feathers, make sure you reserve 1 for a tank/healer combination to get to the boss asap.
    Make sure you reserve 2 for 2 competent players who can slam spiders
    Everything else is optional, make sure to give people who struggle (either because they are retarded and fail jumps or because their class is slow (ie warlock, dk) a feather though.

This is the way we killed it on mythic

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Just quoting this for truth, the transition becomes insanely easy if you cheese it with a warlock portal.
    Put it at the end of the middle platform untill the big platform where the boss runs to and everyone should be able to get it.
    First have everyone jump down to the lower ridge (can be a bit dodgy with movespeed boosts, so make sure to have everyone practise it pre-pull) and then just run to the portal. We have our resto shaman (me) saving tide and dropping it at the middle platform in case people get low and then have me pop AG on the other side to top people off.

For the feathers, make sure you reserve 1 for a tank/healer combination to get to the boss asap.
    Make sure you reserve 2 for 2 competent players who can slam spiders
    Everything else is optional, make sure to give people who struggle (either because they are retarded and fail jumps or because their class is slow (ie warlock, dk) a feather though.

This is the way we killed it on mythic
    Yep this is what we have been doing. We gave our warlocks all feathers and the dk. The rshams run themselves and druid and the hpriest gets a feather with the tank. Our pally leads the "charge" on the spiders....just have to get the people who "aren't" hitting spiders early to stop "not" hitting them early. (If you catch my drift).

Personally, what we found best:

1x tank that's flying across to grab boss.
    2x hunters that can barrage+MD spiderlings mid air (jump ~5 seconds after the rest of the raid leaves).
    4x healers to get across instantly and start healing people if something goes wrong.
    1x spare feather incase someone derps and runs over one.

That way all DPS are moving over through the jump+gateway, and spiderlings are handled nicely due to MD's etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the Warlock cheese, Warriors can also Heroic Leap that same stretch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    The rest of the fight is pretty straight forward but our transitions have been messy.

#1 who in raid should get feathers? We gave to tanks, heals and top dps - is that right or no?

#2 for those without feathers - how do you get across best? We drop to the lower bridge and hit speed boost when half way and forced to go on upper bridge - is that right or no? Do you really ever start on the upper bridge? Any tips for dodging or anticipating the twisters on the bridge?

Use personals and tonics while running.
    Make sure you have your most mobile healers running and your least jumping.
    Misdirect adds to the tank.
    Don't pop eggs.
    Don't jump off the side.
    Don't walk into a wind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post

We give feathers to Healers > Tanks > non mobile dps > Rest.

We use a lock portal to get from the middle of the platform to the 2nd platform.

I usually stay behind as a healer to top people up / hot them before they go over. I move over last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Best practice is definitely do the jump down on first half and warlock gateway the second half. Literally 0 tornadoes to even deal with
    This.

Feathers slow you down and should only be taken by a designated spider squisher.
    'lock portal will get you there before feathers or the boss even lands if used properly.

What my guild did was mock the tank for falling off the web and then never let him hear the end of it. Seems to have worked, he hasn't fallen off since.