Destruction Double Imoolate + Conflagx2 Question

With Roaring Blaze, is it optimal to double immolate, immediately conflag twice--> then sit at 2 stacks of capped conflag and wait for immolate to end before repeating this process with a double immolate plus double conflag?

I suppose the other option is conflagging a third time for the remainder of immolate, but then not having the 2 stacks of roaring blaze conflag buff for the next immolate for the full duration.

If this has been answered before, I apologize. I haven't seen anything that specifically addresses this as what is the optimal way to play.

Double immo --> Conflag 2x --> Conflag on RC, refresh Immo when it's at its best refresh time, hold conflag until 2x. hold second immo until its cast time ends when the second conflag recharge. repeat process.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2016-09-27 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead666 View Post
    With Roaring Blaze, is it optimal to double immolate, immediately conflag twice--> then sit at 2 stacks of capped conflag and wait for immolate to end before repeating this process with a double immolate plus double conflag?

I suppose the other option is conflagging a third time for the remainder of immolate, but then not having the 2 stacks of roaring blaze conflag buff for the next immolate for the full duration.

If this has been answered before, I apologize. I haven't seen anything that specifically addresses this as what is the optimal way to play.
    There is an explanation in Brusalks Destruction Guide, lots of valuable information in there

I've read the guide, and it addresses this. However, it doesn't specifically list any evidence as to what method is better.

I've read the guide, and it addresses this. However, it doesn't specifically list any evidence as to what method is better.
    Throw a post on the guides forums Brusalk is usually good at replying and if not there are plenty of good lock on there that will help ya

2x immol -> 2x conflag -> normal stuff -> use 3rd conflag -> reapply immol when drops -> pool 2x conflag -> refresh immol -> 2x conflag -> normal stuff -> 3rd conflag -> rinse/repeat

basically, refresh the naked immol before dumping your next 2 conflags, and throw in a 3rd before duration ends.. ofc this is dependant on haste/lust to determine how many conflags you can fit in etc etc

I kek'ed at Imoolate.

^Also these dudes are right.

The reasoning behind it is basically predicated upon taking advantage of the multiplicative nature of stacking multiple RB-Conflags within one Immolate. That third conflag on one Immolate will give you a couple of ticks that are at baseline*1.25*1.25*1.25 = baseline*1.96. You get more out of that third Conflag charge stacking the multiplier than you do elongating it with a second immolate that's at less damage. By stacking the multiplier your Immolate is at nearly double damage after the third cast. If you leave it at two you'll have only a 1.56 multiplier for Immolate ticks.

I can do a more in-depth explanation later if the above isn't convincing.

Keeping anything at full charge/CD is considered wasted DPS.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting