Deleted

[Resto] Where can I improve? (Logs included)

Hello fellow druids,

After not playing in WoD I started raiding again in Legion. I'd love to get some help on where I can improve. In general I am not unhappy about my healing, I mean, we kill some bosses (7/7 normal and 2/7 heroic) and people don't die because of bad healing but more due to mechanics. I get triggered by the fact, that according to warcraftlogs, I parse 45% for my Ilvl on our HC Nythendra kill and 37% on our HC Ursoc kill. And I have no clue how that is possible. If I dish out more healing I go OOM resulting in people dying at the end of because I won't be able to heal. (Maybe our raid dps which makes the fight longer?)

Here are my logs:
    Heroic Nythendra: Raid log - Healer log

Heroic Ursoc: Raid log - Healer log

For talents, I ran Prosperity / Displacer Beast / Guardian affinity / Typhoon / SotF / Inner Peace / Flourish. I like to pull my weight and peform to the max I can. I hope you can help me with pointers on where I can realistically improve.

Don't be so fixated on HPS numbers or percentiles as a healer. There are other way more important aspects to look at if you want to improve.

Check your LB and Eff uptime. Check your CD usage; could you have gotten another use out of an ability, or perhaps timed better with unavoidable damage? Check your Rejuv coverage; did you have the right players covered just before raid damage?

Top HPS percentiles are almost always underhealed, padded to the extreme (i.e. raid deliberately taking avoidable damage) and killed fast, or in extremely disorganised PUGs.
    Last edited by spikeh; 2016-09-27 at 08:23 AM.

With that many healers, it's hard to really say much. Logs don't mean much when a quarter of the raid are healers; overhealing and boredom are going to be major factors. We could complain about your Lifebloom uptime not being perfect (no one's LB uptime is ever perfect), but that means nothing if the LB healing wasn't actually needed. The same goes for Efflorescence.

Unless your raid agrees to drop a healer, those are the highest ranks you're going to get.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Thanks guys. All sound like fair points. @About dropping a healer. I suppose 4 healers should be doable but our raid takes serious damage at times so that is unfortunately not an option for now.