Mythic+ Keystone question.

So I just got back my chest with a Mythic level 5 Keystone which is fine, however I could still use gear from Mythic 2-4 chests so in many ways I wish I didn't get it lol. Is there anyway to go back to Mythic 2 without using other people's keystones? I just did a regular Mythic and the boss didn't drop any new keystones and I've heard if you delete your Keystone you don't get a new one (and I don't want to test it).

in future weeks if you run a regular mythic before opening your chest you get a fresh lvl 2 keystone, not sure anything can help you this week other then finding some people to run with who have lvl 2's

Nope, no way to go back with your own keystone. Deleting it screws you for the week so don't.

I'm EU and I'll be in the same boat so before I open my chest I'll run a regular mythic and hope it generates a +2 key rather than loot a +5 from my chest. If any person from the US knows if this works it would be nice if they could share!

Im guessing you have to wait untill after reset do a mythic and you get a new one. What i do know is if you delete you wont get a new one atleast untill reset but this info is from beta when a gm was asked about deleted keystones.