Tyrannical Giving bosses 80/40 instead of 40/20 on the Health Dmg %?

Anyone have this happen in Mythic plus this week? We had to give up on Shade of Xavius due to people just getting tanked sub 30% .

He had 190 million hp and was hitting people with Nightmare Bolt for almost 3 million damage.

I think that's intended. Fortified and Tyrannical are such powerful affixes because they're not additive. If the level of the keystone is giving bosses +116% HP and damage, they're at 216% before any affixes. Tyrannical would bring that to 302/259, not 256/236.

Shade of Xavius is a very brutal boss with Tyrannical. Lots of bosses are actually. If you get targeted with Nightmare Bolt, you must use a personal or an external to survive it.

Imo, high mythic+ is mechanically 10x harder than raiding. Everything fucking rapes you instantaneously even when you do the mechanics right.

I'd be willing to bet money that mythic Xavius gets killed before world first mythic level 15 dungeon gets claimed.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-09-28 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think that's intended. Fortified and Tyrannical are such powerful affixes because they're not additive. If the level of the keystone is giving bosses +116% HP and damage, they're at 216% before any affixes. Tyrannical would bring that to 302/259, not 256/236.

Shade of Xavius is a very brutal boss with Tyrannical. Lots of bosses are actually. If you get targeted with Nightmare Bolt, you must use a personal or an external to survive it.

Imo, high mythic+ is mechanically 10x harder than raiding. Everything fucking rapes you instantaneously even when you do the mechanics right.

I'd be willing to bet money that mythic Xavius gets killed before world first mythic level 15 dungeon gets claimed.
    Probably has a lot to do with the fact that Mythic Xavius, by definition, is going to be tuned for 870-875 ilvl (raid drops 880, and has to be doable before you're decked out). Mythic+ gives 880 loot cache, and 865 loot - by definition as the previous tiers have gone up 5 levels previously, 12 is tuned for 870, 14 is 875, and 15 is 877.5; Meaning you need an almost full mythic raid set to be at the acceptable level for +15. Xavius would be killed before because he's likely tuned more lightly than +15.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Probably has a lot to do with the fact that Mythic Xavius, by definition, is going to be tuned for 870-875 ilvl (raid drops 880, and has to be doable before you're decked out). Mythic+ gives 880 loot cache, and 865 loot - by definition as the previous tiers have gone up 5 levels previously, 12 is tuned for 870, 14 is 875, and 15 is 877.5; Meaning you need an almost full mythic raid set to be at the acceptable level for +15. Xavius would be killed before because he's likely tuned more lightly than +15.
    You might be right, but that doesn't change that I'm right as well. Not saying the tuning is equal. Tuning is a part of difficulty, especially when it forces you to use extreme tactics to overcome said tuning. Concerning mechanics checks, getting a magic BoP off on Shade of Xavius's Waking Nightmare target is, imo, a fair bit more difficult than 99% of the mythic raid mechanics that have ever existed.

I mean, if you want to think of one dungeon run as being equivalent to one raid boss. Imagine if there existed a boss fight that took 35 minutes, and in the last phase he had a 1.5 second cast that would go on a random player, and you had to immune it or you would wipe. It would, rightly, be considered fucking absurd and way too punishing. And I don't think 877.5 ilvl will give you enough HP to survive a Nightmare Bolt from mythic 15 Tyrannical Shade of Xavius.

Mythic+ is supposed to last at least this tier isn't it?

They probably tuned +15 with nighthold gear in mind. The rewards will probably be increased when nighthold comes out.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-28 at 10:05 AM.

You might be right, but that doesn't change that I'm right as well. Not saying the tuning is equal. Tuning is a part of difficulty, especially when it forces you to use extreme tactics to overcome said tuning. Concerning mechanics checks, getting a magic BoP off on Shade of Xavius's Waking Nightmare target is, imo, a fair bit more difficult than 99% of the mythic raid mechanics that have ever existed.

I mean, if you want to think of one dungeon run as being equivalent to one raid boss. Imagine if there existed a boss fight that took 35 minutes, and in the last phase he had a 1.5 second cast that would go on a random player, and you had to immune it or you would wipe. It would, rightly, be considered fucking absurd and way too punishing. And I don't think 877.5 ilvl will give you enough HP to survive a Nightmare Bolt from mythic 15 Tyrannical Shade of Xavius.
    So... Sha of fear in MOP? That fight was 25-30 mins and required strict and precise CD usage / coordination (especially between the tanks or they'd get KO'd), with randomized timers keeping everyone on their toes.

They don't have fortified. Just Tyrannical. I don't think it's intended. Why would all the trash have a tool tip of 100/100 % for the dungeon and then the boss have double what the Tyrannical buff should be when it's the added mechanic for lvl 10. I am positive it's not scales properly.

Reducing the number of participants, whether it's to 5 man in mythic+ or 3man in arena, increases the skill cap for each individual player.

It's why raiding should have never been the ultimate way to gear in this game, it's such a bad design. High level raiding is analagous to doing AV in a RBG team whereas mythic+ is analagous to 3v3 arena. When arena was introduced a lot of well known "pvpers" were exposed as not being very good. Similarly if you took some world first raiders and had them compete in mythic+ they would probably get beat by some unknowns with a crazy amount of coordination/skill.

IMO mythic+ should have a higher gear cap for the top players than mythic raiding. Mythic raiding should be somewhere with 2200 rating gear, and 2700+ and mythic+ should reward the best gear in the game. THEN we would have a gear system that rewards skill and effort rather than time investment.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2016-09-28 at 07:22 PM.