Trinket dillema... :(

Hi,

Currently I have Wriggling Sinew (865) which performs really nicely, so that's my go-to trinket.

However I'm in doubts about which second trinket should I use.

I have:

- Twisting Wind (880)
    - Portable Manacracker (850)

Well, Twisting Wind looks AMAZING on simcraft but that's because simcraft is currently definitely bugged about this trinket. Simcraft says that this trinket does around 9%~ damage on single target while all of logs on warcraftlogs prove that this trinket does only 1,5%~3,5% of total damage done. So I cannot trust simcraft about this trinket.

And Portable Manacracker seems to do only 2%~ of total damage done, it's kind of completely useless on AoE but it's bis on icy-veins guide.

Which second trinket would you use? Please give me your opinion, thank you!

Portable mana cracker. Besides WS, the trinkets in EN just seem shit tier tbh. Though I would really look at doing as many DHT M+ runs for gnarled root for fights where mana cracker doesn't have time to build up because of target switching.

I got my Twisting Winds (850+Gem) last night and got really excited until I realized it was only doing about 2% of my damage. The more I read here and over in Altered Time and even on the official forums, it seems more and more that the trinket is under-performing heavily and seems to need a fix.

I've seen a couple people mention that I should be using that on AoE fights but even then it was not doing anything worth while and my Devilsaur Shock Baton (835) was out performing my brand new EN trinket. Very disappointing. Hopefully they pull Twisting Winds back up to be competitive because I ended up with a nice gem slot in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Portable mana cracker. Besides WS, the trinkets in EN just seem shit tier tbh. Though I would really look at doing as many DHT M+ runs for gnarled root for fights where mana cracker doesn't have time to build up because of target switching.
    Or naraxas spiked tongue. Good luck.

But both Portale mana cracker and Twisting wind are really underperforming. Portable Mana Cracker even on pure single target i.e Ursoc seems to suck.

Is it really 850 Portable Mana > 880 Twisting Wind?

If they're both doing shit dmg from the proc then go with the one with highest int?

Quote Originally Posted by RickettsZ22 View Post
    I got my Twisting Winds (850+Gem) last night and got really excited until I realized it was only doing about 2% of my damage. The more I read here and over in Altered Time and even on the official forums, it seems more and more that the trinket is under-performing heavily and seems to need a fix.

I've seen a couple people mention that I should be using that on AoE fights but even then it was not doing anything worth while and my Devilsaur Shock Baton (835) was out performing my brand new EN trinket. Very disappointing. Hopefully they pull Twisting Winds back up to be competitive because I ended up with a nice gem slot in it as well.
    same with me.. my stock Devilsaur out preforms all other dps trinkets on my raids.. had thought twisting would be good as well but its been benched, our other fire mage uses spiked tongue and enjoys it only becuz its all he has.. devil still out perfomes

Agreed. Use the Trinket with the highest Intellect.

The nightly build of simcraft should have updated twisted wind, use that and sim it.

I got 880 Twisting wind on first week and i hate it. It got 1.6k int which seems amazing but on every pull no matter the fight length(3-8min) aoe or not it does 3-4x times less then devilsaur/spiked toongue proc wise. And i am not Overexaggerating thats just pure logs data. It seems amazing in simcraft, while in reality its trash. So while 1.6k int seems a lot better then 900 cirt form devilsaur im gonna use devilsaur in future cause i just hate to see the proc doing sooooo much less damage. It's very sad that this trinket is so under tuned.

RIP trinkets, they just hit us with some hotfix nerfs.

Can confirm Oakhearts is in the dirt now. From 300k+ 100k+ ticks down to 70k max ticks, dropped from a general average of 60-65k per tick down to 40-45k. Was doing 5-6 million over 5 minutes for me, is down below 2 now.

Looks like they didn't nerf Devilsaur for some reason, so it's quite a lot better than Oakhearts now.

Edit: I misread the log damage, pretty sure.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-09-30 at 08:40 PM.

Where are you seeing these hotfix nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    RIP trinkets, they just hit us with some hotfix nerfs.

Can confirm Oakhearts is in the dirt now. From 300k+ ticks down to 70k max ticks. Was doing 5-6 million over 5 minutes for me, is down below 2 now.

Looks like they didn't nerf Devilsaur for some reason, so it's quite a lot better than Oakhearts now.
    It's always ticked that low unless RoP is up and combustion. Are you sure you tested properly?

Random question on trinkets. I got an 835 devilsaur, an 850 eye of skovold, and 850 squirrel trinket off millhouse's wife. All three have static crit... which should I use for fire?
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Deleted
    aren't naraxa's spiked tongue and devilsaur's shock baton BiS in almost every scenario?

@Wenoxar: You should probably mention your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    aren't naraxa's spiked tongue and devilsaur's shock baton BiS in almost every scenario?
    Nope, Wriggling Sinew is for fire.

I have 850 wriggling sinew 830 baton 850 twisting wind and 850 ichor, twisting+ichor for aoe and baton+sinew for st?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-09-30 at 08:41 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It's always ticked that low unless RoP is up and combustion. Are you sure you tested properly?
    Yep, it's always been 100k+ ticks for me. All combustion does is make it crit and RoP is just 50%. It was always outperforming baton by 25%+ but it's about half of baton now.

If they nerfed it, it stands to reason they're probably going to nerf baton and other trinkets that were getting huge benefits as well. Even with RoP down and full CDs going it max crits at 70k now for me, as if it benefits 0 from your character stats/buffs aside from crit.

Meanwhile, PoDG is still bugged. Sometimes it does 2 million, sometimes it does 5 million and procs like twice as many orbs. I wish I could consistently make the latter happen. I miss flat stat potions, no RNG involved.

Edit:

After looking over a bunch of logs, it looks like 90% of the time before it'd proc twice during RoP and almost always again during subsequent RoPs and I had like 10 consecutive Ursoc pulls where it just never proced except outside of RoP. It could just be enormous RNG, but it's consistently procing at terrible times for me now and Baton continues to proc like 4 times in the opener like every pull, so either I'm a god at consistent RNG WRT trinkets or they could've changed how it was procing? Getting double procs of Oakhearts on pull in RoP was like 1.4 million damage (it's why I had burns of 600kish DPS over 20 seconds with 10-15% Oakhearts damage), but Baton is more consistent for me now. Before mythic opened I spent like 2 hours just hitting dummies to get proc rates normalized and see which were better, since I had both an 850 Oakhearts (w/ socket) and an 850 Baton. Doing that now (just hitting a dummy) Baton is doing more. It could be 100% RNG or it could've been a change, and I can't know because Blizzard has absolutely 0 transparency when it comes to how these things work.

As a side note, when I first got my Baton I tried it through 2 mythic dungeons and it would almost never proc on bosses or during Combustion. I would much prefer trinkets that give buffs over damage because I can hold CDs for 10-15 seconds for a proc (given I won't lose a CD block in the fight) but I just have to close my eyes and pray to lord RNJesus that my trinket procs over and over and over during CDs now. Why is every good Legion trinket a damage proc or a stat stick? :|
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-09-30 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    But both Portale mana cracker and Twisting wind are really underperforming. Portable Mana Cracker even on pure single target i.e Ursoc seems to suck.

Is it really 850 Portable Mana > 880 Twisting Wind?
    My 865 manacracker literally is 4-5% of my overall dmg if not more on st.

Do you have high crit? It does have a small icd, but mine is like always up.