Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    WoD garrisons were worth around 1500 gold per optimized level 100 character per day. Follower mission income dropped when it was nerfed, but the naval missions more than made up for it.

Patch 6.x lasted 614 days. Subtracting 2 weeks to hit max level and L3 garrison etc, one character would have made roughly 900,000 gold over the course of WoD. If you had 11 L100 characters like me, that's 9.9 million gold.

Now in reality nobody got 11 characters to max level with L3 garrison in 2 weeks, and it took a couple weeks more on each to get all the followers to max level, and to accumulate treasure hunter followers to really make bank. And many of us quit WoD well before 7.0 patchday because the expansion was garbage. In reality, I personally made a bit over 5 million gold. Every single one of my 10 alts is holding over 400k gold.

That's just the free income from facebook games, of course you also make money playing the game and in the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You must have very fun experience in WoW if you sit on AH all day and instantly buy out every single starlight rose with 99 and less buyout, but not 99.01.
    No. I just know that the auction house is being looked at by a large number of people throughout the night because its a revolving door. One person gets done with their AH needs another one just entered it. That and auction house addons scan the Ah looking for bargains.

the prices are high because all the botters are getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Raw materials are always more expensive at the beginning of a new expansion. Once people have time and vastly more surplus, the prices will begin to go down to more reasonable levels.
    Never have they been close to this level, a problem is the dps potions use over double the herbs of dps pots in WoW, that combined with no flying = expensive herbs.

On the other hand, things like Felhide are crashing like crazy. Under 100g on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Then, honestly, you know people who should've taken advantage of WoD while they could. I didn't exploit nearly all I could, didn't challenge mode boost, didn't raid... I just did Garrisons. I have game time until 2018, and a good 1,5 million gold just sitting around. I'm not saying that to brag, merely making a point. If you and people you know don't have this, it's no one's fault but your own. There are people with far more than me, too. Loads of them.
    I don't know anyone who stuck around for more than the first six months of WoD. I'm not playing liquid shit just so I can make imaginary money, even my crappy time is worth more than that.

I think it's ok now. The economy feels more alive now with gold passing through many hands. For years it just built up for most people to gather dust. If it really is busted prices will automatically drop to what was previously considered reasonable.

The only dangerous aspect of it all is Blizzard selling gold directly to players for cash. But I trust that Blizzard hasn't been crossing any lines.

Its also, that this exp is extremely alt-unfriendly. I have 7x lvl100 alts, but even if I would level those to lvl110, I wouldn't play them to get blood of sargeras.
    This means much less competition in each profession.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    On the other hand, things like Felhide are crashing like crazy. Under 100g on my server.
    thats because felhide isnt useful to max level players. neither is the mining one... infernal brimstone? at max level the things people consume constantly and need to replace regularly all feed off of herbalism (and to a smaller extent enchanting) this makes herbs be a market constant because need is constant (or at least slowly decaying but you get me right?)

but cloth leather and ore are all not that useful really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Raw materials are always more expensive at the beginning of a new expansion. Once people have time and vastly more surplus, the prices will begin to go down to more reasonable levels.
    if blizzard not take measures the prices for alchemy items will be high for loong time (depends when flying get released)
    But they easly can tune the things down by simply raise the chnce of star procs and increase the total amount of herb nodes spawn + more herbs gathered
    The big problem now is that if you are not Alchemist or herbalist the income of your professions can be several times more low

I honestly don't think flying will make much of an impact on prices of herbs. There's just not enough quantity of herbs to go around. Too few nodes of fjarnskagl/foxflower/starlight combined with insane mat prices for the pots.

Probably the easiest solution is to buff the herbs' "bonus mob" (and give one to fjarnskagl) when herbing to the level of Dreamleaf. Now that's a far more reasonable priced herb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.