Deleted

Proper RoP Usage Outside of Combustion

Hey.

I feel like I've got the Fire priority down pretty decently now, but one thing is still not clear to me: outside of Combustion, how does RoP affect your priority when it's active? Does it change the rotation at all? Some say it's best to use back to back Fireblasts and Phoenix Flames casts to fit as many Pyros as possible into the RoP window, others say you just keep using your standard rotation.

Also, is Cinderstorm used during RoP?

If anyone could help me out, I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Outside of combustion (without kindling) you will have 2 charges to use. Ideally each RoP should have flame on ready with at least a phoenix flame charge. However you must be careful not to de-sync the cooldowns or your combustion burst will not be as strong resulting in very low dps.

Practice at a dummy. Use your cooldowns while combustion is down and see if you can make full use of them, all while having them up for when combustion being off cd.

Kindling kind of complicates things. Depending on criticals, you will be in situations where flame on is about coming off cd with 50 seconds or so on combustion. More often than not, using flame on means combustion will come off cd while flame on will be at 10-20 seconds cooldown. However it's a much bigger dps loss letting combustion sit off cd. So just make sure you have it ready for combustion. If you have a RoP charge, and combustion is still far off then use it. Whatever instants you have use it within RoP as well. Don't let RoP charges sit at 2.

Make sure you have weak auras or anything setup tracking your CDs. Practice them. You will start to get a feel on proper cd usage.

Cinderstorm i believe is ok for single target in rop. If you dont have instants then use cinderstorm. However I *think* that changes if you have a heating up proc. If you wanna be safe just fire the cinderstorm. But once you get wriggling sinew you will most likely be running cinderstorm every time anyway so get used to using it.
    Last edited by pkm; 2016-09-28 at 07:56 PM.

With Cinderstorm you want to get a Heated Up, then just go RoP->Fireball->Pyro->Fireblast->Pyro->No Crit->Phoenix Flames->Fireblast
    etc.

Dont be spamming buttons. Playing without combustion is super reactive. Phoenix Flames to activate Heating Up if Pyro doesnt crit.

With Kindling its essentially the same just I dont use Flame On without Combustion, I also only use 1-2 Phoenix Flames.

Deleted
    i do what rikh does, use your second charge immediatly after you've burned through combustion to take advantage of the 5 stacks of PI. When playing with Cinderstorm it should be ready anyways at this point. then ill use one when FO is ready and let recharge till combustion